My Sweet Seungwan

Coming Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul, 2000

Joohyun feel pain seeping on her right knee. The impact of the swing and the park ground scratched her knee. She can only whimper because of the stinging sensation of the scratch. Tears pooling in her eyes. She can't bear the pain. She feels a warm liquid oozing from the scratch on her knee.

"Noona, you're bleeding. Are you okay?"

Joohyun can only stare at the little boy who jog to her with a worried look. He doesn't even know who the boy is. He's new here. 

"Noona don't cry. I'll help you. My name is Son Seungwan. I'm new here. Let me help you Noona."

The boy, Seungwan, keep rambling while his little hand wrap Joohyun's scratch with his handkerchief. Then he wrap Joohyun's arm around his shoulder trying to pull Joohyun up. His small body struggling to pull Joohyun's bigger body.

"Okay, Noona. Where is your home? I'll help you come home." He said that to Joohyun with his charming reassuring smile.

And that is the first time Bae Joohyun met Son Seungwan when she is nine years old and he is six years old.

​​

​​​​​​Seoul, 2006

Joohyun just stand in her place. Everything happen really fast. She's scared. She can only look at Seungwan with concern in her eyes. Suddenly someone shout at them. A police.

"Hey students, what are you doing? Stand in your place. Don't go anywhere."

All the student that beating Seungwan stopped in their tracks. They look at each other and start running for their life. Seungwan grab Joohyun's wrist and start running, but Joohyun doesn't even move an inch. 

"Noona, what are you doing??? We need to run. If we get caught, we will be taken to the police station!"

Seungwan's shout and words getting the alarm on Joohyun to start working. They start running for their life. Joohyun only follow Seungwan's lead. She let Seungwan pull her to the safest place they can reach. Joohyun observing Seungwan. 

His handsome face has a few bruises. There is a cut on the corner of his lips and a scratch on his right temple. A few drop of blood running from his cut and scratch. His right hand that grip Joohyun's wrist has a bruise on the knuckle. Suddenly Seungwan drag Joohyun to a narrow alley in between buildings. Joohyun's body stick to his because of the narrow area. His lean body full of sweat. His breath ragged because of running. There is a  dirt on his uniform shirt. 

"Wan-ah, you are hurt. I'm sorry."

"Ssstt. Please quiet Noona, we can't be caught. My mom would kill me if she know we brought to the police station. And don't say sorry. You know i already make a promise to protect you, so i will fulfill that promise whatever it cost."

His eyes look to her eyes with a serious gaze. Their eyes on the same level now. Their height is equal. Last time she remember look to those sharp eyes, he still a little shorter than her. 

A few moment later, they hear someone running near the alley. Their heart beating wildly. Silently hope that the police would leave this place soon. Not long, the footstep sound far, farther, and finally vanished. 

They get out from the alley. Now Joohyun dragging Seungwan to a bench on the side of the river. She make Seungwan sit there.

"Wait here Wan-ah, i'll buy a few thing to tend your wounds. Don't go anywhere", she said that with a glare to Seungwan. The boy only gave a thumbs up and a sheepish smile.

After getting back to the bench, Joohyun start tending Seungwan's wound. She cleans the scratch and cut with the antiseptic and smear the ointment on the wounds. She also put the ointment

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter