Hyaline

Hyaline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“Eww you look awful” Wei Wuxian rolled his eyes at Jiang Cheng when the other boy kicked his leg causing him a slight imbalance. “Shut up.” Jiang Cheng hissed. “What…you took more time than Jie Jie, look she is ready.” Wei Wuxian pointed towards Jiang Yanli, who was dressed in a beautiful sky blue dress standing beside her would be fiancé Lan Xichen. 
“Unlike you I was doing some necessary works.” Jaing Cheng said with obvious smirk. “Like I was standing here and watching that boy in mourning clothes?” Wei Wuxian stuck his tongue out at his younger brother. “Human calls that color white.” It was Jiang Cheng’s turn to roll his eyes. “Oh my god… from human I remember I forgot to text Lan Zhan.” Wei Wuxian said to which Jiang Cheng gave a confused look. “Ayo… he is the only human friend I got.” Wei Wuxian said before grabbing his phone to text his friend, actually an online friend, whom he is irritating since 2 years and 45 days. Not like the other boy minds, because he is blocked by him yet.
“Ayoo Lan Zhan…
Good morning <333
Guess what my Jie jie is getting engaged tomorrow.”
‘I will send you pics of the groom and her…’ Wei Wuxian thought but pushed that thought away as he remembered the three conditions Lan Zhan made before agreeing to be his friend.
1. No sharing of photos or videos.
2. No asking personal details.
3. No calls or video calls.  
“Stop chatting with your sweet heart now, let’s go sit there.” Jiang Cheng literary dragged him. “What sweet heart? He is just a friend.” Wei Wuxian said glaring Jiang Cheng. “Yeah yeah I know how much of a friend he is! A friend with whom day starts and ends.” Jiang Cheng said to justify his previous line. “I have a word called ‘Best friend’ in my dictionary, unlike you.”
“You kids, why are you getting bored by sitting among us? Ah Li take Xichen to visit garden, and two should show Wangji around. Did you guys even introduce yourself to him? Ah Xian it’s very unlike you.” Mr. Jiang playfully scolded Wuxian. “Ah uncle, this is Jiang Cheng’s fault, he engaged me in a talk.” Wei Wuxian poked Jiang Cheng’s arm. “Wei…Wu…Xian…” Jiang Cheng looked at him with eyes digging grave to which Wei Wuxian totally ignored. He looked at the boy named Wangji to find him already staring at him like he saw some Alien. “Ayo Wangji what’s with that look?” Wei Wuxian said taking a seat beside him. “Let us take you to our…. Um… where do you want to go first?” Wei Wuxian asked putting his hand on Wangji’s arm. Wangji looked stiffen. “Take him to the Library. Yanli told me you have a good collection.” Xichen said with a smile. “Sure… lets go.” Wei Wuxian said grabbing Wangji’s wrist. Wangji stood up and quietly walk beside Wei Wuxian still hand trapped in Wei Wuxian’s. “Are you ill?” Wei Wuxian asked as they entered the corridor. Wangji did not spoke a word he just shook his head negatively. “oh… I felt you got a bad stomach ache, you look so… I mean you look like struggling something inside. You sure you are fine?” Wuxian asked worriedly. “Sure, fine.” Wangji said shooting a soft look towards Wei Wuxian. “your voice sounds good, why do you speak so little?” Wei Wuxian’s questions were not stopping. “Don’t like.” Wangji said as brief as he could. “well what do you think of my voice? Is it good?” Wei Wuxian asked with a smirk. “Hm…” Wangji hummed. “Ah, I thought you will at least say five words, ‘yes’ ‘your’ ‘voice’ ‘is’ ‘good’ it turned out to be one word, not even a word.” Wei Wuxian whined. “Sorry.” Wangji slightly bowed. “Ah... don’t be don’t be…I was kidding. See my Library.” Wei Wuxian said opening the door. “What you think of it?” Wei Wuxian asked again. “Good.” Wangji said entering it. “What kind of books do you like?” Wei Wuxian asked hitting him playfully where Jiang Cheng was getting bored standing alone at door. “You guys carry on; I will take a look outside.” Jiang Cheng said as humbly as he could, because he was totally IGNORED there. Wangji was taking look at the books from different shelves. “Are you searching something special?” Wei Wuxian gave a look Wangji could not understand. “I know I know… don’t be shy, you were looking for this right? See I can’t put these books just anywhere, you know. So my favorite s are hidden in that back shelf. Let me show you, I have many.” Wei Wuxian showed him a book named as “Thirst”. Wangji’s eyes opened a little wide than usual hearing the word . “You want to borrow this book?” Wei Wuxian wagged his brows. “NO. Ridiculous.” Wangji said walking outside. “Ayo… Wait.” Wei Wuxian said putting his hand on Wangji’s arm. The later shoot a murderous look at the former boy. “Your reaction says, you never read a …. Ayo are you serious???” Wei Wuxian said holding his stomach which was paining, because of laughing. “No worry no worry, I will find you some amazing stories online, give me your phone.” Wei Wuxian asked standing in front of him.
“I did not bring phone.” Wangji said the longest line of the day. “Why?” Wei Wuxian was more surprised than confused, he even takes his phone to bathroom, and this person forgot his phone while coming 78 KM away from home for three days! “Don’t need.” Wangji answered walking past him. “Wait wait which human does not need a phone .....man?” Wei Wuxian’s jaw dropped. “Many.” Wangji looked at him for very short time then resume walking. “And what if some important person calls?” Wei Wuxian reached his side. “No one calls.” Wangji said and again Wuxian’s jaw made a roll on the floor. “You mean no one calls you?” Wei Wuxian’s eyes forgot to blink. “Only Uncle and brother.” Wangji walked down towards the hall where his Uncle was having a chat with elder Chengs leaving an utterly surprised Wei Wuxian behind.

 

 


“You are not surprised at all?” Wei Wuxian was expecting a surprised Jiang Cheng who was barely giving any attention to his words. Both the boys share one bed room since childhood and Jiang Cheng was checking all the preparations details the wedding planner sent him. “Are you even listening to me?” Wei Wuxian yelled when the beep from his phone stopped him. It was his favorite alert tune, his Lan Zhan’s Text alert.
LZ: “Good evening Wei Ying.”
WY: “You literally ignored me all day; this is very bad Lan Zhan.”
LZ: “Lan Zhan is sorry.” The reply instantly came.
WY: “Hahaha ok ok. How was your day Lan Zhan?”
LZ: “good, yours?”
WY: “Mine was fun, guess what I met a new guy today, he was so weird.”
LZ: “Hm”
WY: “No No not actually weird, he was very unique, very interesting.”
“Ok ok Lan Zhan I will text you later, my brother is calling me, I might be busy tomorrow, it’ s my sister’s engagement. So don’t miss me much. Good night. <333”
LZ: “good night.”

“You are comfortable here Wangji?” Xichen came to check on Wangji before going to his room. They were staying at Cheng’s guest house as the engagement destination was near from there.
“Yes brother.” Wangji said putting his Laptop in his laptop bag. 
“You must be tired today, go to sleep soon.” Xichen said closing the door behind.
Wangji was not asleep. Not because he was in a different room but because it was not really his sleep time and also there were few thoughts doing to and fro in his mind. He decided to scroll through the internet. He put his Laptop on his lap and connected it to the internet. 12 text notifications from his instagram flashed.
“ayo you are gone?”
“I am back.”
“Did you really fall asleep?”
“hello?”
“Are you there?”
“I have not talked to you all day…”
“”
“Why did I even say good night?”
“I am crying”
“okie then have a good sleep.”
“I miss you.”
“soooooooooooo soooooooooooooooooooo muchhhhhhhhhh”

“Wei Ying…” Wangji texted as soon as he saw the text.
“MYYYY LANNNN ZHANNNNN……. Ayooooo you are back.” A reply come, making Lan Wangji’s ear a slight crimson.
“I am back.” Lan Wangji was thankful Wei Wuxian was unable to see him become red ear. Yes he knew Wei Ying’s Name is Wei Wuxian. The other boy does not know, he might have said that, but after knowing Wei Wuxian thinks him a weird guy, he does not dare to. Wei Ying was his 2 year old friend, he never thought he will meet one day, and not at all like this. He was thankful he did not share his full name ‘Lan Wangji’ with him. He was so happy to see ‘his’ Wei Ying and he wanted to be selfish to hold all those happiness to him-self. But he was little hurt when Wei Ying called him weird. 
“Thank god you are back… I was just in verge of extreme missing you. I thought you abandoned me.” Wei Wuxian texted after 3 seconds. 
“Lan Zhan will never abandon Wei Ying”  Lan Zhan texted with a small frown.
“Yeah yeah I know, I know… tell me… which color I should wear tomorrow? Which color will suit me?”  Wei Wuxian asked because for him his best friend was always the best decision maker.
“Any color.” Lan Wangji texted genuinely. 
“Unfortunately I don’t have a dress of ‘any color’.” Wei Wuxian texted along with a pout emoji.
“Every color will suit Wei Ying.” Lan Wangji texted with a smile wondering which color will not suit the boy. When Jiang Cheng called his name ‘Wei Wuxian’ Lan Wangji instantly lift his head to look at the boy and he could not take his eyes off, he tried his best to not act he knows the other boy. To be honest he was 98.46% sure that Wei Wuxian is his Wei Ying. His surety touched 100% as he saw his morning text.
“Ayoo Lan Zhan…
Good morning <333
Guess what my Jie jie ah is getting engaged tomorrow.”

“I will look like a clown if I will go to party being a rainbow.” A text flashed pulling Lan Wangji out of his thoughts.
“Sky blue…” Lan Zhan texted as he remembered the color of his own dress.
“Perfect… thank you Zhan err gee… <333” Wei Wuxian texted again succeeding to make Lan Zhan’s ears go red again.
.
.
.
.
.

“I am looking like a star. See Lan Zhan choose this color for me.” Wei Wuxian clicked his 27th selfie. “Star my .” Jiang Cheng said wearing his purple torso and Wei Wuxian just rolled his eye, wearing his watch. 
Party was not a too crowded one, just few family friends and some business associates were invited. Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian were sent there to confirm all the preparations are going well or not before half an hour of the scheduled time. Jiang Cheng was watching the decorations when Wei Wuxian was checking the food and drinks. 
“Wahhh… Emperor’s smile?” Wei Wuxian almost yelled with amusement flickering eyes. “Finally…” Jiang Cheng commented with a smirk. “YES FINALLY…” Wei Wuxian already took one gulp. “Don’t get drunk from start.” Another voice came from the door to make two of them turn around. 
“Brother Nei”
“Nei Huisang”
Both the brothers went to hug their childhood friend. “Ayo you underestimate my drinking ability, I am best in whole China.” Wei Wuxian chuckled. “Self obsessed.” Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes. “Ignore him. Let me bring you to taste paradise.” Wei Wuxian stuck his tongue at Jiang Cheng.

 

 

“Brother in law, where is your brother?” Wei Wuxian asked Xichen who was complementing Yanli. “Mr. Wei he must be standing outside, Uncle asked him to welcome one special guest of ours personally, should I call him if there is anything important?”
“Ah no, I could not find him, so I just asked out of curiosity. You guys enjoy, should I bring something for you jie jie and Brother in law?” Wei Wuxian asked humbly. “Ah, just call me brother, no need to add in law and thank you for asking I don’t really need anything now.” Xichen said putting his hand on Wei Wuxian’s arm. Wei Wuxian was happy will be an understatement. He was the most closed one with Yanli and he always prayed that Yanli will find someone who can treasure her. And Xichen was more than anyone’s expectation. And he loved Yanli like no one ever did.
Wei Wuxian glanced towards Jiang Cheng who was having a chat with Nei Huisang and his almost crush Wen Qing, which he never admitted. Wei Wuxian found his way outside to find Wangji because he was bored in the civil mannered party.
Opening the glass door Wei Wuxian inhaled the air, which was not something notice worthy, He walked down the few stairs to find his way down towards the garden. 
His nostrils instantly discovered a foreign scent, something smelled like sandal, no actually it’s someone. Wei Wuxian turned his head to find the person he was searching for. He blinked twice before gluing his eyes on him, his all misconceptions of being the Star fade away when he saw the very person. His head was staring the ground and OMG, he was wearing sky blue. God, they were twining. His hand was holding a flower bookie wrapped in a black wrapper. Wei Wuxian’s foot automatically found their way towards him. “Good evening.” His lips muttered in a soft voice but instantly he coughed to make his voice little husky.
“Blue suits you.” He added with a genuine smile. “Good evening and Cerulean suits you too.” Wangji commented humbly and Wei Wuxian took it as a complement too."What are you doing here alone?" Wei Wuxian asked standing beside him. "Waiting" Lan Wangji said looking at Wei Wuxian from the side. He wished he could speak him how gorgeous his smile is and how beautiful he looks in Cerulean.

"Oh yeah brother Xichen told me... are you waiting for any gorgeous lady!?" Wei Wuxian asked poking Wangji’s arm. "Nonsense..." Wangji told his and looked away his heart skipped a beat when Wei Wuxian called Xichen brother.

"Whatttt....you are dressed up like prince holding flowers and you expect me to know nothing huh!!! Am I looking at dumb?" Wei Wuxian faked a eye roll. "Not dumb. But no female either." Wangji told hiding the frown why would he call Wei Ying dumb!?

 

"Aww... you are looking soooooooooooooo cuteeeeee Main mian" Wei Wuxian said as Mian mian his friend from university greeted him and Wangji. Wangji did not like the complement delivered by Wei Ying. Okie he admitted he was jealous. "I will take leave." With this Wangji walked away from them as he saw the guest he was waiting just arrived.

"What... you were waiting for Xue Yang...out of all!!" Wei Wuxian face plamed himself seeing the smirk that irritate him the most. Xue Yang the only human who gave Wei Wuxian asked head ache. He excused himself from Mian mian and went inside the hall after Wangji. Wei Wuxian turned himself towards the bar. "Where did you die?" Jiang Cheng scoffed coming towards him with a fixed frown. "I was giving you alone time with Wen Qing." Wei Wuxian said taking a sip from his glass. "Like I was asking." Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes. "I know my brother is dumb." Wei Wuxian said as he looked towards Xue Yang and Wangji. "What the hell...he is thinking he is doing?" Wei Wuxian said with a irritation as he saw how uncomfortable Wangji was under Xue Yang's touch.

"Long time no see Xue Yang." Wei Wuxian said taking his hand off from Wangji’s shoulder. "They are still feeding you?" Xue Yang said and Wangji did not like the way he said that... he did not look like a friend of Wei Ying..is he? "Umm hmm... I feed myself... I have perfect hands." Wei Wuxian said with a smirk. "Make yourself home please... watch and drink whatever you like... hmmm but use own hands." Wei Wuxian said patting his arm with a complete fake smile. "Why don't you join me Wangji?" Xue Yang reached out fir Wangji's hand but stopped by Wuxian. "He has other things to do. Let's go Wangji." With this Wei Wuxian hold Wangji’s wrist and took him outside of the hall to the glass land behind the hall.

"Learn to speak." Wei Wuxian said completely pissed. "Thank you and sorry." Wangji said looking towards Wei Wuxian tenderly. "What favour of ice-cream do you like?" Wuxian asked as both of them sat near small pond. "You don't have to." Wangji said still looking towards him with soft eyes. "What if I want to?!" Wuxian asked reciprocating the look. Wei Wuxian did not know why he was acting protective over Wangji, the person he barely knew. He surely dislike Xue Yang but that is not the cause he dragged the out of the crowd. May be he think about that later. "Whatever you prefer." Wangji said to which Wuxian replied "huh?" "Ice cream" Wangji added. "Don't go anywhere... I will be right back" Wei Wuxian said before running into the hall they just left. Lan Wangji was happy will be an understatement, Wei Ying was caring for him, he wanted to bring ice cream for him. Other than his brother Wei Ying was the only one he was close with. When they first met via a game and the way Wei Ying untill he gave up and gave him insta id. It will be a lie if he will tell her did not like those teasing but he never thought he will be falling for the very person.

"Do you need paper and pen?" Lan WangjI jumped with the sudden voice too near his ear. "Huh?" 

"No I mean you looked like you are going to write poems. ..hahahha " Wei Wuxian said sitting beside him. "Here" Wei Wuxian said giving him the ice cream.

"I like vannila. " Wangji took a spoonful.

"They won't be needing us?" Wangji asked taking 4th spoon. "Jiang Cheng will call me if something comes up." Wei Wuxian put the cup aside after taking his last spoon.

"Oh." Wangji said... it felt like a ice cream date to him.

"You guys are staying tomorrow right?" Wei Wuxian asked as they came back to the site after throwing cups in trash can.

"Mn. " Wangji said looking towards the pond.

"I will show you around tomorrow... thennnnn you will see how beautiful lotus pier is.. don't complaint if you fall in love with it." Wei wuxian said looking towards the reflection of moon.

"Already in..." Wangji said eyes still on pond.

"Huh?" Wei Wuxian asked looking towards him.

"Love" Wangji’s eyes met Wuxian’s. For Wangji’s ear the word love sounded like Wei Ying.

 

 

WY :

"I missed you todayyyyyyyyyyyyyy."

"Its past your sleep time...you must be asleep."

LZ : not yet...

WY : how was your day Lan Zhan? 

LZ : good...yours? 

WY : mine was amazing.

         Bdw guess whatttttt?

LZ :  what?

WY : I have a date tomorrow....

LZ : Oh.

WY : What oh..... are not you curious with whom!!!

LZ : that's your personal.

WY : I don't mind your nose in my business.

         Never mind if you don't want to.

LZ : Want to.

WY : it's with my sister’s brother in law...

 Wangji’s eyes went wide hearing it. Does Wei Ying thinks it as date too? His heart started beating violently. When he heard about date... he consoled himself that... date is not a big deal. Then why now date seemed like a big event.

WY : lannnnnnnnnn Zhannnnnnnnnnnnnnn.... where did you vanish????

LZ : here.

WY : he is a good boy and I like spending time with him. But I already told you... if you dislike someone I won't be friends with them. You are important to me.

LZ : Wei Ying is important too.

WY : are you trying to flirt Zhan err gee. 

LZ :  not flirting.

WY : I know I know... bdw you know we were twining today... and he looked so good today..I barely stopped myself from drooling. Also today I drank like 3 bottles of Emperor’s smile.

LZ : Wei Ying likes Emperor’s smile? 

WY : who doesn't? You don't? 

LZ : never tried.

WY : if you ever visit gusu...try Emperor’s smile from there. The best quality is available there.

LZ : you should not drink more. It's not good for health.

WY : aww Lan Zhan is concerned...aww Lan Zhan awww...

LZ : shut up...

 

 

 

"Wei Wuxian is a good person. I like him." Xichen said smiling at Lan Zhan. "I will handle uncle you go." Xichen assured his brother who was struggling with words.

"Don't worry brother I won't let anyone steal little Wangji" Wei Wuxian said coming towards the door of guest house.

"Little Wangji. .Huh? " Xichen rised a brow. "I am elder." Wangji said in a defending manner.

"Aww. . . Thennnnn I have to call you Lan err ge-gee...." Wei Wuxian said putting his arm around Wangji’s.

"Nonsense..." Wangji muttered before walking away with little pink ears.

"Ayooooo I am supposed to take you around. ...Wait for me ge-ge. ..."

"Wei will take Lan Wangji’s care... Brother should rest assured." With a bright smile Wei Wuxian ran after Wangji.

 

 

The the very first place Wei Wuxian choose was lake outside the city. It was almost the tine fir sun to go into sleep.
"What do you think of those lotus? " Wei Wuxian asked but did not really gave time to reply.
"They look sad." He said again.
"You know why are they sad?" Wei Wuxian asked with almost serious face.
"May be because sun is setting!?" Wangji answered with a soft smile.
"No..." Wei Wuxian said looking towards the water.
"Its because......" He started running towards the lake.
"........... because I didn't eat them." Wei Wuxian said entering the water without even taking the clothes off.
"WEI Y...." Wangji almost called...almost. But thank god he stopped himself. Wei Ying was the name Lan Zhan gave Wei Wuxian. And Lan Zhan was the name Wei Wuxian gave Wangji. There is no way anyone else can know this secret name of his.
"Join me here..... gé_gè." Wei Wuxian called plucking the lotus pods.

Joining Wei Ying in water...the thought itself was enough to send chills into Lan Zhan.
"Come outside you will catch cold." Wangji said reaching the bank.
"Bahahabhahahbahahahahhaha. ..me and cold.... I can stay longer in water than any fish." Wei Wuxian said going deep into the lake.
"Come back...please...." Wangji called but Wei Wuxian did not seem to notice and he dipped his head inside.
Wangji waited him to show himself but why was not he coming out.
He watced his watch it was already 54 seconds what is taking this long.... it he okay panic rose inside him....

"HELPPPPPPPP" A voice called it did not even take a complete second to recognise who it was. Without second thoughts Wangji jumped into the water. He desperately move his limbs and the water did not seem to resist anymore. In a not notice worthy time he re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter