Hot spring day

I don’t wanna be your friend

 

 

Sakura always thought she was a bit insane. 

 

She first came up with the idea when she and her best friend—none other than Kwon Eunbi—had been relaxing on a hot spring day, letting some rock band cool their hot skin.

 

Eunbi had never been the most self-aware person, what with her ability to flaunt tirelessly without knowing, and her complete lack of modesty. Sakura both hated and loved this aspect of her best friend.

 

On that day in particular, Sakura had been dealing with this internal conflict, one she would often find herself tossing over. They were both laid on Eunbi’s bed that was too large for her room, the silence surrounding them like a cool blanket, basking in the peaceful calm-down. 

 

In the midst of the sounds of a song blowing, Sakura heard shuffling to her right. Looking over, Eunbi was ing her shirt, sighing. “It is so hot.”

 

Sakura remembers thinking that she was insane for growing so nervous at the sight, a sudden ache in her chest. An ache that seemed to always stay, ever since then.

 

She was in a similar predicament, now, thinking she was going absolutely insane. They were dangerously close, and Sakura could feel Eunbi’s breath, her heartbeat, her chest pressed up against Sakura’s.

 

“Just… hold… still…” Eunbi said tightly, her teeth still clenched together. Sakura gulped.

 

Eunbi finally sighed, pulling away from Sakura, making a face that screamed, You’re unbelievable, at her. “Makeup never hurt anyone, Sakura. I’m almost done, c’mon. Thick eyeliner totally fits your aesthetic, anyways, just stay still! Please? For me?”

 

Sakura had nothing against makeup, and, surprisingly, liked the outcome up until now. She was always like comfy things, so any chance she had to dive into the more feminine side of her was a bit fun, and Eunbi loved pulling that side forwards. 

 

Again, Sakura had nothing against makeup!

 

What she did have something against, though, was the feelings that arose in her stomach whenever she was near Eunbi, the flips and turns the butterflies made. She had something against the way every single time her unnie touched her, electricity shot through her body like a warning. 

 

This is dangerous.

 

Yeah, it was dangerous. But it was also a bit addicting.

 

“I’m fine. Just finish the eyeliner. I’ll stop moving.”

 

Eunbi smiled at Sakura, that million-dollar-bill-smile, clean white teeth and plump lips. And despite the song blasting, Sakura’s face grew warmer.

 

Eunbi leaned forward again, grabbing one side of Sakura’s face softly with one hand, using her other to apply the eyeliner. It was a soft touch made by a soft hand, but her fingers were still cold like ice, making Sakura nearly jolt up at the touch. Eunbi pulled back. “One eye done!”

 

She barely gave Sakura any time to recover before leaning forward again, switching hands and applying the eyeliner to her other eyelid. Sakura held her breath, closing her eyes, almost hoping this would never end. This closeness, this intimacy.

 

But as all good things end, especially for Sakura, so did this. Eunbi pulled away, examining her fine work. She grinned ecstatically, screwing the eyeliner closed and setting it down, soon clasping her hands together. “You look amazing, Kkura.”

 

Sakura found herself smiling sheepishly, the blush on her face spreading. “Really?”

 

“Yes! I mean, not that you weren’t stunning before, but this just all brings it out. It’s a mystery to me as to how the boys aren’t all chasing after you.”

 

Sakura snorted, almost rolling her eyes. “Because they’re busy chasing after you.”

 

Eunbi, though, did actually roll her eyes at that. “They are not.”

 

There it was again—the complete lack of self awareness, total obliviousness. Eunbi was blind to her own beauty, blind to all the attention it drew. It drove Sakura ing insane, in every single sense. “You know what…” Eunbi said softly, examining Sakura’s face again, eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

 

Sakura felt so exposed like this with Eunbi watching her. It felt like the older one might’ve been able to tell Sakura was desperately in love with her, could sense Sakura’s red face and why it was so. 

 

Could her unnie hear her heartbeat? 

 

How it quickened whenever Eunbi was near, how it jolted and spiked whenever the korean girl touched her?

 

No… Eunbi was oblivious. As always.

 

“Hm?” The japanese girl hummed, opting not to speak, knowing her voice would come out nervous and cracked.

 

“I think some dark lipstick would look really nice on you. I know you hate it, but—“

 

Sakura’s mind tuned out the rest as one thing came to her mind. Eunbi had been looking at her lips. And, sure, Eunbi had been doing her makeup. But the thought sent tingles down Sakura’s spine, and she suddenly her lips in her hyperawareness of them, watching as Eunbi continued speaking.

 

“So, can I? You would look so good, Kkura—“

 

“Sure,” Sakura said all too quickly, her voice cracking in the midst of it. Eunbi would be touching her lips. This was fine.

 

Eunbi smiled again, wide and her eyes crinkling in genuinity. She stood up, moving to the other side of the room, where her makeup bag was sitting. She began to shuffle through it, sounds of bottles and plastics hitting each other the only noise currently present. 

 

Other than Sakura’s heartbeat.

 

Eunbi finally chose something, walking lightly back to the bed. Upon sitting down, her thighs pressed against Sakura’s own, warm, soft skin against her covered legs. She ignored the shiver that ran through her body, locking eye contact with her unnie, waiting as she opened the lipstick, turning it open. 

 

The color was a dark red, one that Sakura had never seen Eunbi wear before. “I bought this for one special occasion and never used it again. If you like it, you can have it.”

 

Sakura glanced at the lipstick, then back into Eunbi’s eyes, glimmering with optimism. “Oh, sure.”

 

Eunbi nodded. Her face suddenly turned concentrated, and she leaned just a tad bit forward. “Okay, just open your mouth slightly.” She opened her own mouth upon saying the words, closing them after demonstrating. “Like that.”

 

Sakura obliged, her eyes flitting half-closed as she watched Eunbi’s hand come closer, and felt the lipstick touch her lips. The older one eyes were locked onto Sakura’s lips, eyes furrowed, time slowing as the japanese girl felt the lipstick move over her lips. A thick coat spread across her lips, and Eunbi leaned back, examining her work again.

 

Again, Sakura felt exposed. 

 

The atmosphere felt tense, like they were both holding their breath as Eunbi stared at Sakura’s lips. It was like something out of a cheesy rom-com, dismissing the fact that they were both girls. 

 

Eunbi’s fingers were suddenly resting on Sakura’s jaw again as she took her right hand to smudge at Sakura’s lips. “I colored a bit outside the lines,” Eunbi muttered, giggling quietly.

 

With Eunbi’s body so close to her, their thighs touching, Eunbi’s hand on Sakura’s jaw, her other hand touching the other lips, she felt caged in, but it was a good feeling. 

 

If Sakura could’ve stopped time, she would’ve.

 

If she could’ve stayed in Eunbi’s embrace like this forever, she would’ve.

 

Eunbi began to move away, and Sakura’s mouth moved on its own. “Wait, unnie.” she breathed. She reached up to grab Eunbi’s wrist, keeping it clasped on Sakura’s jaw.

 

“Yes?” Eunbi questioned, her eyes moving between Sakura’s eyes, lips, and her hand on Sakura’s jaw.

 

“I just…”

 

“You…?”

 

Their breathing was in sync, now. Their eyes were locked onto each other’s. Sakura swore she could hear her own heartbeat like a melody. Eunbi’s, too.

 

In one swift movement, Sakura reached forward, grabbing Eunbi’s face and bringing it forward. Eunbi moved along with it, but before their lips could touch, she stopped. Their noses were touching, hot breath coming from the both of them and mixing. Sakura’s eyes snapped open, realizing what she had just done. “, sorry, I—“

 

“Kkura-ya.”

 

“Y-yeah?”

 

“I’m in love with you. You know that, right?”

 

“Oh.”

 

Eunbi pressed a chaste kiss to Sakura’s lips, pulling back quickly.

 

“I am, too,” Sakura said.

 

They kissed again. 

 

The lipstick wore off.

 

 

-----------------------////--------------------

thanks to those who read this far.

i have two questions:

1.  i have a second part of this story in which it is kkubi ytimes, should i post it or finish in this chapter?

2. do you guys like to read gp!Kkura? im thinking to write a one shot/ of kkubi too... if you want, let me know in the comments.

bye ;)