Chapter 1 // Pilot

PERSONA: Behind the Veil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello everyone. My name is Jo Si Woo. I'm almost 20 years old, though I never really knew when my birthday is, and I'm currently in the deepest of my life. Let's just say I borrowed some money to pay off my expenses. Plus my friend's drugs. I know I shouldn't have done that but here I am and yes I'll never do such a thing again. But that's not completely it. Since I have no place to stay at, meaning nothing I could use to borrow money for, I couldn't just walk into the bank and shout 'Hey I need a few million won for some heroin' could I? I knew the only possible option was to borrow money from a loan shark so I went to a friend and he sent me to a friend till I ended up meeting Kang Ju Won. My friends all warned me about him, except for the guy who had stolen the money.

Kang Ju Won was a man I knew even before I met him on this special occasion. He often went to hideous places of the city, one of those being my lovely workplace! So I went there, with my now not so beloved friend, and made the greatest mistake in my life. My debt is now somewhere around fifty million won. Yes. Holy smokes. And you may think 'duuuuude that's a lot of money man!'. Yes, you're right. A lot of money which my so ing amazing friend ran away with! Can you believe it? And do you know what he said? 'Here is one million so you won't say I'm heartless. I'll miss you and I'm sorry but I had to do this.’ He ing said that like I'll ing care about his problems! That was my goddamn money!

Okay, let's calm down. Uh. I despise him so much. Anyways, I'm in debt because of that idiot meaning I have to pay it off even if I didn't actually use that money. But it was borrowed on my head so now I gotta suffer. I have to work twice as much to get more tips to earn more money. I have to pay off so much but what I earn I give on clothing and makeup and all the necessary things. How am I supposed to pay it off?

Uh, why am I even thinking about this first thing in the morning? Well, morning for me was around lunchtime for a normal human being, since I worked at night most of the time. I groaned at the sunlight coming from the window making me realize it was day again and another work ahead on me. I didn't want to go there but except for the rest of the population, I had my reasons. Well... before you'll start judging me for the place where I work, remember I have my reason why I work there.

I stood up and got into the bathroom to wash up. The dark circles under my eyes were visible, caused by sleep deprivation. I didn't sleep well in the past few weeks and my work didn't make it any better. I wanted to take a break or holidays but the burden of debt made it impossible in the first place. Today, as any other day eventually, I had to put tons of makeup on to substitute for the dark circles and unhealthy skin tone. I needed proper food since living off ramyun wasn't the healthiest option. However, I couldn’t even afford to buy something to cook with. And the boss wouldn't let me near the kitchen anyways after I burned the eggs. Like that was even possible to burn the eggs.

I ate something I found in my little corner and eventually ended up eating ramyun anyways since that was like the only thing that would make me full. I went down into the bar and looked around. We were closed since we opened after 8 PM but the place was already busy with people. It was Wednesday means time for a parade theme. Dancers and other staff were all around hanging the decorations on the walls and lamps, putting decor onto the tables and dancing stages. There were three stages, one close to the bar, one on the other side of the bar, usually covered in dim lights we called the mystique corner and one in the middle of the club itself. The biggest one. Only the best performances could make it there. The bigger the stage, the more people can fit around and more tips can be gained. There was one more stage hidden from the eyes of usual visitors.

Boss, Lady L, was a strict but loving female. We had to call her Miss L because she didn't want other people to know her name and honestly I was glad she let me live in the club so I wasn't nosy. When dancers train, cause we do train a lot honestly, Miss L is watching over us and when she finds a talent within the newbies, she took them under her wings and make sure they practice as often as possible to surpass all the other dancers in the club. She prepares them in more ways than normal dancers are prepared, making them a perfection. These lucky ones, or in someone's eyes unlucky ones, are getting ready for a special stage, the VIP stage in the VIP part of the club. Only the richest of customers and few that were closest to Miss L were allowed to go to the VIP stage. Miss L always called her VIP dancers as her little diamond, referring to making them what they are from basically a rock. You'd think that such dancers earned more right? Unless it was a straight money gift, it was usually just some kind of jewellery or car or something. And well, VIP customers are stable ones and they want you to show them you're using their gifts so selling any of them would be... well. Misfortune.

After looking around the place I heard a calling, turning to the voice and smiling at Miss L. She was an annoyingly sweet for what she was doing. I walked to her and she gently caressed my shoulder. "Oy oy Daniel, look at that face. You couldn't sleep again? I told you to take those medications."

"I'm sorry Miss L I must've forgotten again," I apologized but honestly I'll never take those drugs in my life.

One of older dancers once told me Miss L gave these medications to some omega he didn't know personally but he was like in a trans later on and she made him used his body for the VIP customers if they'll pay double. She shouldn't do that, because we have in our contract written that having intimate contact with customers is based on our own decision and our employer, meaning Miss L, can't force us into it. But the drugs made omega so vulnerable he seemingly willingly agreed to it. For omega, sleeping with someone who isn't your mate is like screaming, and I'm sorry for the choice of my words but it's like you're a . The first time is basically imprinted in omegas and it's like a sign of shame, making an easy target from us. The truth is that said omega never slept better in his life, which I bet wasn't just thanks to the drugs.

"Oh my, you should take care of yourself better, Daniel. After all, you're one of my precious little diamonds," she pinched my cheek and I thought I'll puke. But I would rather not, it would be a waste of ramyun and I'll starve till the end of this night.

"I will Miss L," I managed to say and followed her into the dressing room.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I work at a strip club. As an already adult orphan, I had to leave the orphanage with very little money and find a job to survive. With my poor education and no background, I had no choice but to either stay on the street or to go from club to club to find a job that didn't require any specific level of education. I found it at this place, where Miss L let me have an hour at the practice in a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter