He's My Enemy...Right?

He's My Enemy...Right?

He's My Enemy Right...?

(Short Story)

By: Milili27

 

K-Netizens Wonder If VIXX's Leo Is A King Because Of His Glorious ...

 

 

The sunlight beams through the window, and the birds tweet their morning songs from outside. I stretch happily and give a loud yawn. I hadn't slept this good in a while. Though I had a throbbing headache, the rest of my body was at ease. As I was slowly opening my eyes I began to notice something different. My black desk was no longer across from my bed, neither my dresser that had knickknacks on it. It was just a close range wall, and a configured lamp that rested upon a Mahogany nightstand. I then looked at the black alarm clock that sat next to the lamp. It was halfway covered by some sort of clothing; my clothing to be exact. My heart began to sink at the pit of my stomach when I found myself bare against the sheets. Suddenly a loud snore fell from the right of me. I turned and saw the figure from under the covers. At this point I was sure something went on last night, but with whom?

I raised the covers off anxiously to find a man. He was snugged into the pillow peacefully. Around his defined shoulder blades embedded long scratch marks. His short snow toned hair fell against his face, and his pouty lips were parted. I leaned in closer and peered at his baby face only to freeze in an instant. I screamed at the top of my lungs and began to kick at the man beside me.

"Waaahh...-" He replied faintly before falling off the bed.

Thump.

He then clamped his hand onto the end of the cover, and slowly pulled himself up on his knees.

"This can't be happening right now."

With closed eyes I began to pinch at my arms; hoping that this nightmare would end. But every time I opened them he was still there staring at me blankly with his cold dark brown eyes.  My mind can’t comprehend at what’s happening right now, all I’m able to do is stutter between words while he sits there trying to prevent his eerie smile.

"It was actually your idea Samantha." He replied.

"M-my idea!? You'd be the last person on earth I'd sleep with." I pulled the covers closer to my body.

He huffs out a laugh which leads to another, and soon enough it turns into a long piece of chuckling. I grabbed one of the pillows beside me and tried to aim it at his head. Sadly, he caught it between his veiny fingers along with a smirk.

"You don't remember anything do you?" He asks.

I had to think for a second, until it hit me. My best friend Sasha wanted me to go clubbing with her last night. Sometimes I’d ask myself how I became friends with her, since we’re the complete opposite. I never liked the night-life, but I knew she'd keep bugging me if I didn't say yes. She said to dress "exciting" since it was ladies night. So, I decided to wear my special black dress that hugged my honey thighs. I didn't expect to wear it so soon, but I guess it was for the right occasion. I slipped on my aching stilettos, and touched up my hair and makeup. I was ready for the night. It took some time to get there, and it took hours for us to get inside. Once we did get inside the club, there came a strong combination of liquor, humidity, and sweat that hit my nostrils. The only luminescence we had were the flickering strobe lights as well as the colorful ones dancing crazily above us. It was pretty packed, and you could easily bump into someone if you weren’t careful. The DJ from afar swerved one hand on the disc, while the other hand held his muffed headphones. I knew then I was going to be here a lot longer than expected. Especially since she forgot to tell me that Ravi her longtime boyfriend would be tagging along. Once we finally greeted, Ravi led us through the crowd of people, and set us at the end of the bar. Since Sasha and Ravi couldn’t keep their hands off each other I entertained myself with the people on the dance floor. I mentally made in fun of the clumsy people. Half of them lacked rhythm, while some looked like they were spazzing out. Once the love birds to the left of me were done making out, I got a tap on my shoulder from Sasha.

"Sam, you seriously need hook up tonight. Hot guys are flooding the place!" Sasha excitedly replied.

I scrunched my nose and shook my head. The thought of it caused butterflies to rise in my stomach. I was never the type to be flirtatious, and when it did happen I'd always do something to embarrass myself.

"At least talk to Ravi's friend. I met him once, and he is definitely a keeper. Speaking of-" She pointed over his way.

I spun my chair around ready to greet Ravi's acquaintance. I couldn’t see his face much because he was too busy looking down at his phone. But other than that he was tall, and looked like he took care of himself well. His shiny platinum looking hair was straight and slightly messy before his eyes. His white dress shirt hugged his fit body as well as his black jeans. For some odd reason he had a resemblance to someone, though I just couldn't put my finger on it. He finally put his phone away and leaned himself against the bar by Ravi. They talked for a few seconds until Ravi then leaned forward and whispered in his friends’ ear. Once his friend leaned forward to view us, a sudden flash of unwanted memories hit my mind. My longtime nemesis was right in front of me. I quickly turned away from his gaze hoping and praying that he wouldn't recognize me. Sadly, it didn't work because a chuckle proceeded to fall from his mouth. Why did this have to happen to me, and why was it him of all people?

"Cherry bomb? Is that you?" Leo smirks while moving towards me.

"Leo." I growled back.

Sasha and Ravi look at each other surprised.

"You know each other?" Ravi asks.

"We went to the same school five years ago." I pull at the hem of my dress trying to look at anything and everything but him.

"Great, now you guys can get acquainted again!" Sasha claps her hands together.

That was never going to happen. Not in a million years.

"If you'll excuse me, I need to use the restroom."

They all stared at me when I lightly stepped out of the seat. I pushed through couples and lovers trying to escape from my nightmare. Once I finally found the restroom I slammed my hands onto the marble counter and faced myself into the mirror.

"You can't let this guy ruin your night, no matter what he did."  I whisper to myself.

But he embarrassed you in front of your crush. He made you look like a fool. That’s right…he did.

That devil and I never had a beautiful past. Since our high school days Leo was known for his popularity. All the girls would fall for his every move; all except for me of course. While the other girls desperately sought his attention, I'd be off in the distance reading a book or catching up on homework. I don't know why, but it was something Leo couldn’t stand. He'd go out of his way to get my attention. He'd trip me in front of his friends just to get a reaction, and he'd call me immature names when I walked down the hallway. I didn't care much of what he did, until that unforgettable day during art class. It was Valentine’s Day, and I was building up the courage to ask my crush on a date. Leo knew I liked him and he ruined me. He put red paint on the back of my skirt when I wasn't paying attention, and made everyone think I had blood on the back of my skirt. Not only was I mortified by their laughs, but, my crush was one of them that laughed along. I know shouldn't be the girl that holds stupid grudges, but it gave me a bad name. The bathroom door swished open, and in came Sasha with concern.

"What happened back there Sam? You okay?" She placed her hand on my shoulder.

“You remember that embarrassing high school story I told you about?”

“Yeah, what about it?”

“That’s him.” parted in shock and her eyes widened.

“Him who?”

“Your boyfriends’ so called friend!” I exclaimed.

“No way.” She replied with a gasp.

“I’m serious Sasha.”

I paced back and forth trying to control my emotions while parted in shock.

"We can call it quits for the night if you want. I'll text Ravi and let him know you aren't feeling well so I can take you home.” 

She continued suggesting things that would put me in a better mood, but I stopped her and let her know that everything was going to be fine. As much as I wanted to leave, I didn’t want to be the loser who walked out because of some childish episode I was hanging on to. Sasha continued to ask me if I’d be okay, but I just nodded with a sigh and walked out of the bathroom alongside Sasha.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of hours had gone by, and I was drinking and swaying freely to the electrifying music. I don't know what they put in these drinks, but I was feeling pretty good at the time. I felt so wild and free, and I thought nothing could stop me! I’m not the type to drink. But hey, a first time for everything right? Especially on an occasion as this.

"Another shot please!" I waved to the bar tender.

As the bartender placed tequila in front of me, it got snatched away by no other than Leo.

"Don't you think you should slow down?" He asked.

"What’s wrong with having a little fun?” I slurred trying to get the shot from his hand.

"I'm only doing this for your good Samantha."

"And since when did you start caring for my good? You've always been a jerk."

Leo stared me down for what felt like an eternity, and it certainly wasn’t a welcoming one. He then slammed the drink onto the counter and furiously walked away. I grabbed the burning sensation without hesitation and chugged it down my throat. Serves him right!

The crowd had died down after a while since a few slow songs appeared. Leo was nowhere to be found at the time; while Sasha had told me that she and Ravi were going to be “back” in a few minutes. Turned out they never came back; meaning I’d be taking a taxi home. As I spun the shot glass around, I heard footsteps coming from behind me. I thought it was Leo trying to ruin more of my night. So I started rehearsing my insults I’d been practicing for the past hour.

"What’s a pretty face like yours doing all alone?" The voice appeared.

I was ready to give a smart comment, only to become a deer in the headlights when I turned around. He was just as stunning as he was back in high school, and his tall and muscular body glistened like it had always done. His smile was to die for, and all I could do was stare. He put his hands into his gray pockets, and he leaned against the counter next to me.

“Andrew?” I squeaked out.

“Have we met?” He raised an eyebrow and pushed his auburn hair out of his face.

“We…used to go to high school together.” I crossed my legs politely, and tried to swallow the harsh lump in my throat.

He looked up at the ceiling for some time, then back at me. His eyes widened along with a loud snap from his fingers. When he finally remembered who I was, he let out a whole-hearted laugh and clapped his hands in seal like manner. I laughed along on the outside, but deep inside I was cringing and mentally slapping myself. When he finally saw that I wasn’t laughing as much, his laughter had died down a bit.  He apologized right after, and from there it started to get better between us. We sat at the bar venting about old memories, and he even shared his own cringe worthy stories as well. He was actually the owner of this club we were in so that was pretty cool. Soon after the DJ decided to bring the beat back up, I was offered a dance. Andrew and I danced around each other until we felt comfortable touching skin. He went behind me and aligned himself perfectly while placing his strong hands onto my hips. I wasn’t sure what to do so I just copied what I had seen others do. When I began to move myself against him, his grip had tightened. At first I thought it was nothing, until his hands started roaming towards my thighs. I laughed it off and pushed his hands away, but he continued to touch at the same spot.

"Don't you think we're moving a little too fast?" I nervously laughed.

"Just relax baby, it's just a little fun." He smirked while still trying to roam his hands on other parts of my body.

“What are you doing?” I pushed away.

“Come on. It's just a touch. Nothing more.” He slightly chuckled and pulled me into his chest.

Red flags were flashing everywhere, but I let it slide. We continued to dance but I kept my distance from him. I thought he’d get the sign to keep his hands off, but he took it up a notch by lifting the bottom of my dress. I quickly slapped his hands and push him with all my might. I stormed off but he caught me before I could get out of his sight. He tightened his hand around my wrist and dragged me off into an abandoned part of the club. No one would’ve been able to see us, neither would anyone hear. When he finally slammed the door shut, he forced his body weight on me as I begged him to stop. No matter how hard I pushed or pulled away from him, he was just too strong.

“Let go of me!” I screamed.

One of my hands finally broke free from his grasp, and I swung with all my might. Andrew furrowed his eyebrows when my fist made a loud sound against the side of his cheek. He slowly raised his right hand, and I tightly closed my eyes waiting for the impact to come. When suddenly a loud noise busted from the door; rustles came along as well as harsh grunts. When I opened my eyes and saw Andrew’s hand caught up in the air by another, my mouth parted in surprise.

“Back off, she’s with me.” Leo growled.

Andrew tried to throw a punch but whimpered loudly when Leo grabbed his fingers and twisted them. I cringed at the cracking sounds, especially how it looked after Leo let go. His pinky finger was bent to the left, and his ring and middle finger were disfigured as well. Leo took my hand in his and quickly escorted the both of us outside of the musty club to the cold fresh air. Who knew what Andrew would do if he ever saw us again, but that was the last of my worries. I was just glad to get away from him. When we got far enough from the place, Leo had stopped and stared at me before opening his mouth.

“Did he hurt you?” He softly asked.

I shook my head as his almond eyes searched mine. Even if I didn’t like Leo much, I was certainly glad he stepped in to save me. He took off the coat from his back and lightly placed it on my shoulders. We stood in silence basking in the awkward tension.

“I was thinking about what you said tonight,” He paused. “And, I wanted to say I’m sorry.” He bit his lip in guilt.

"For what?" I asked.

Of course I knew what he was sorry for, I just wanted to hear him say it. He his lips and slightly exposed his pearly whites.

"For being a jerk years ago. I only did those things because…I liked you. And I still do. I know it was wrong to get your attention that way but it was the only way I knew how. I was a stupid kid back then, and I now realize how terrible I was to you. Is there any way you could forgive me?”

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing after all these years. He liked me all this time? Why didn’t he say so before? I looked up at him and my smile grew. I quickly planted my lips onto his, and as I pulled away I giggled at his shocked expression. His cheeks were flushed pink and he repeatedly tugged at his shirt.

“I forgive you.” I cupped his cheeks into my hands and tenderly kissed his soft pouty lips once again. He pulled me in closer by my waist and we made up for the rest of the night.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Opening my eyes from the memory I stare at Leo, and of course he stares right back. He pushes his silver looking hair away from his face waiting for an answer to be made. But for some reason I can’t give him one. I was drunk and so was he, and we made a mistake. Or was it a mistake?

“So is this going to be our official way of saying we’re….dating?” He asks.

“I don’t know.” I shrug my shoulders.

“Would you want to go any further?”

“I mean it sounds great and all, but don't you think this is moving a little too fast?"

 "If you don't want to take things any further that's fine with me. I don't want to rush you, but it'd kinda be nice to have a chance to get to know you better. You know...more than...this."

We both sort of laughed in agreement. I mean...do I even want to? He's my enemy. Or was for that matter. Could I give him a second chance after all that humiliation he drug me through years ago? All these thoughts clustered my mind, but one thing I didn't come to realize was the fact of his maturity. Even last night when I had too many drinks he was generous enough to stop me from getting plastered. He seemed more caring, and more considerate of my feelings rather than his. My heart began to flutter at the thought of us being together. Maybe it could be something different.

As I was in thought Taekwoon had left the room to get dressed, and I finally made my decision just as he came back wearing just his boxers.

"It’s...official.” I quietly replied.

He gave a glistening grin and slowly nodded his head with a smile. Sleeping with my enemy would’ve never come across my mind, neither becoming his girlfriend. But I guess things can change for the better. I know I'm never going live this one down.