Chapter One

The Prince and The General
Please log in to read the full chapter

   Excuse me if there are any mistakes in this, it will be editted later ;; thank you.

------

   A woman was forced onto her knees by a royal guard, facing the King who was sat on his throne. "Song Naeun, you are to be executed for your crime of getting involved with the enemy, let alone getting impregnated by them"

   Naeun felt her heart dropped at the decree, her hand instinctly going to her now showing belly. She bowed deeply with her forehead on the floor "Please let my child live on, Your Majesty! I will willingly give my own life for my child, please let them live, if not to serve you"

    The King beckoned the scholar over and spoke to him privately "What do you think of this, scholar Kim?" "I believe the child will be of great help to you in the future, My King" he nodded slowly with a low hum "Very well" the King started "Song Naeun you will be put to prison for the remainder of your pregnancy and will be executed after the birth of your child. Guards, take her away" Naeun gave another bow before she was lifted up and taken away.

    A few months later, loud screams of pain were heard throughout the prison, coming from the far end cell. Naeun gripped onto the blanket that she was laying on as she kept on pushing tirelessly, droplets of sweat forming on her forehead.

   "You are almost there, keep going!" letting out a drawn out scream, she pushed as hard as she could until she heard the cries of her baby.

    "It's a boy, Naeun" Aeri, the nursing maid, who was also a close friend of Naeun, carefully wrapped the baby in a clean blanket and placed him ontop of the mother's chest, who was catching her breath.

   She gently held her baby closely and weeped at how beautiful he looked, caressing a thumb over his cheek. "Your name will be.." she paused to think before smiling "Yuta Nakamoto, I'm sure you will grow up to look just like your father"

    Soon after spending some time with her son, a prison guard came over for Naeun "It is time for your execution" she felt fear not for the death that awaited her but feared leaving her only son behind.

   Naeun slowly handed the baby to Aeri "Please.. make sure he is safe, you are the only one I trust" Aeri nodded with her eyes watering, Naeun smiled and took off a necklace she was wearing, placing it on Yuta's chest.

   "My son, I am sad to leave before I even get to watch you grow but I do not regret anything" she placed one last kiss on his forehead then shakily stood up, the guard tying her hands together and taking her to where she is to be hanged. Her last thoughts were her son and the man she loved.

25 years later

"His mother was seduced by an outsider, can't you believe that?"

"I heard he is half monster because his father is not of the Joseon descent"

"How did he become general?"

    Yuta ignored the comments from the older palace maids as he made his way to the King's hall with his eyes locked forward. He had grown used to all those rumours and remarks regarding his parents and his blood, so he was no longer bothered by all the gossiping.

   He stopped infront of the doors of the hall so the servant can announce his arrival to the KIng, stepping in once the doors opened. Yuta bowed in respect to the King "You asked to see me, Your Majesty?" the King put down his brush and motioned for Yuta to stand up "Yes, I have a task for you General Nakamoto"

   "I want you to go bring my second son back to Hanseong, he has been living in Wonju for the past 11 years and it is time for him to come home" the King stood up from his throne and stepped down to face Yuta, placing a hand on his shoulder

   "I trust that you will bring him back safely" Yuta bowed his head "I will not fail you, Your Majesty" "Good, prepare a carriage and companions of your choice, you must leave tonight. That is all" the King turned around and walked back to his throne.

    He retreated back to get everything ready for his travel, requesting a servant to ready seven men to accompany him on this task tonight. "General!" Yuta turned his head to the person that called for him and dismissed the servant before bowing to the person "Crown prince" Jungwoo shook his head and clicked his tongue, now standing in front of Yuta and ignoring Doyoung, his personal guard.

   "You don't need to be so formal General Yuta, we're friends aren't we?" Yuta smiled to himself, lifting his head back up "We are, but I still need to address you properly"

   Jungwoo sighed, feigning disappointment "The only way you can address me properly is if you say my name and not my title" "I'll try to address you the right way next time then, Jungwoo" Yuta bowed once more as his smile becomes much more bigger seeing Jungwoo's face brighten, who then stood closely at Yuta's side, both unaware of Doyoung's envious gaze. 

   "So I heard you are going to Wonju to get my dear little brother" "It seems news gets around fast huh? But yes I am, I will be heading out tonight" the Crown Prince nodded slowly.

   "It'll be quite a long way, shall I have some servants prepare plenty of food for you?" Yuta shook his head and smiled at the prince "Kind of you to offer but you don't have to worry about me, I have already gotten everything ready so all there is for me to do is to leave tonight"

   "I am the

Please log in to read the full chapter