Complete

Five times Jongdae saw his colleagues arguing , and one time he didn't

 

 


1

 

" So this is your desk . " Said a smiling and cheery Minseok to Jongdae . Jongdae smiled back , " Thank you Mr.Kim " . 


" You can call me hyung outside of official meetings Jongdae , no problem ." Minseok laughed ," Here in our department everyone's like a family . And you're the new member here ." 


Jongdae smiled . If everyone here was like Minseok , he didn't think he'll have any problem being a family here . 


" Speaking of family members " Minseok looked around the empty office " Where are they-" 


" CONGRATS !!!" Suddenly several people burst through the door , yelling wishes and congrats and things Jongdae had no idea of , he thought he had heard someone yelling " Chicken !" too . 


" Seriously ?" Minseok glared , " You're supposed to be here when we enter . Not when we're done taking " 


" Sorry hyung " a tall guy who looked quite young said ," We were prepared . But Baekhyun hyung and Chanyeol hyung started arguing again and we got late . " 


" Baekhyun . Chanyeol . Come here ." Minseok sighed , rubbing his face with one hand and beckoning with the other one . Two guys came forward , looking at the floor . 


Jongdae suddenly had the urge to laugh , because they seemed like they were children who got caught by their dad doing something stupid . One was tall and had big ears , that screamed " YODA !" at Jongdae . The other one was short brunet  , who looked so cuddly he could replace a teddy bear . Jongdae had a feeling he'll get along with them pretty good . 


" It was not my fault !" Suddenly both of them exclaimed at the same time . And then simultaneously glared at each other . 

" If he wasn't trying to do what he has no idea of- " 

" If he only kept his big nose where it should be-" 

" Thanks for the compliment-

" That was not a compliment you big eared -" 


Minseok looked pretty done with himself and with the world at the moment , as he tried in vain but valiantly to stop them . 


" An advice hyung " that guy who had spoke first walked and stood beside Jongdae " Better get used to it . " He laughed , " And I'm Sehun by the way " 


Jongdae just grinned . He was already loving this family . 

 


2.


It had been a few months since Jongdae had joined SM Enterprise , and like Minseok had said , he was already part of the family . A family that was consisted of twelve members . Three of them Kris , Luhan and Tao  were currently in China , since they were handling everything related to China at work . Others were sharing this big office with Jongdae , and he was pretty sure they were the best workers in this entire department , where there were more than a hundred people working . 


But being the best workers definitely didn't include maturity though . 


" I swear Chanyeol one day you're gonna choke on these bagels and I'll laugh at you . " Baekhyun was trying to snatch his bagels back from Chanyeol , who being the taller one , easily held them out of his reach . 


" Come on Baekhyun , no need to show your villainous side here . Oh these are so good !" Chanyeol hummed in content , opposite to a seething Baekhyun . 


" Chanyeol , Baekhyun  , get back to work ." Kyungsoo glared at them from his desk ," and give those bagels to me . You clearly don't deserve these ." 


" Kyungsooooooo " Baekhyun whined , like he was a five year old kid and not the 28 years old man he was " That's not fair ! I bought them with my hard earned money !" 


" No . You bought them with the money you stole from Junmyeon hyung yesterday . " Kyungsoo dead panned . 


" YOU DID WHAT-" apparently Junmyeon hadn't realized it till now . Jongdae laughed at his desk , regretting not bringing popcorn and coke . 


" Of course not hyung ! I'll never do that to you ." Baekhyun batted his eye lashes at Junmyeon , who scoffed . 


Kyungsoo finally stood up and walked to Chanyeol , arms crossed . Chanyeol sighed and gave the packet to him . Baekhyun looked like Kyungsoo wasn't taking the bagels but his life . He glared at Chanyeol " You'll pay for this you " and stomped to his desk . 
Chanyeol shrugged and walked to his desk too. 


Kyungsoo passed a bagel to Jongdae while passing his desk " These are actually good ." He winked at Jongdae and sat on his desk . 


Jongdae grinned . It had been months and he wasn't bored a single day .

 

3. 

 

" BYUN BAEKHYUN YOU'RE SO DEAD !" Chanyeol stormed in the office , and Jongdae could swear he saw smoke coming out of his ear and nostrils . 


" He isn't here yet . What happened ?" Yixing asked , not too much bothered by something that happened at least twice a week . 


" Last night the fuse of my house blew up . And Everytime I try to fix it it keeps   blowing up !" Chanyeol exclaimed . 


" Awww poor hyung ." Jongin tried to be sympathetic , but the glee in his voice and face was totally blowing up his facade . 


" But how is this Baekhyuns fault ?" Jongdae mused . 


" I can't tell you how but this is definitely his fault ." Chanyeol was vibrating in his seat , when Baekhyun walked into the office with a cheerful smile . 


" Hey everyone !" He waved happily at everyone. And if Jongdae had any thought about his innocence , it just jumped out of the window.


" Oh Yeolie , did you sleep well ?" Baekhyun gave a eating grin at Chanyeol , who probably wanted to strangle the out of him . 


When he didn't answer , Baekhyun just laughed and went to his work , not before muttering " Never steal my things ." To an angry and sleep deprived Chanyeol . 

 

4 . 

 

Jongdae was sitting in his chair , just finishing his work for the time being . He looked around . Jongin and Sehun working together on something , Minseok talking with Kyungsoo , both  taking a much needing break . Yixing was probably strolling , he didn't like to sit for a long time . Sehun and Baekhyun had went to collect some files for their latest project  . And Chanyeol , who had arrived before everyone else , was just sitting in his chair , looking quite happy about something . 


Jongdae had a bad feeling about that smile on his face , but he didn't have to wait for long to know . 

 

Baekhyun and Sehun had returned , both quite pleased . Both went to their different desks . Baekhyun sat down , and immediately frowned . He looked all over his desk , and then under it . And then he burst 


" What the Chanyeol !!!" 


Everyone sighed . Nothing new . 

 

" I have no idea what you're talking about ." Chanyeol gave a smile which was supposed to be innocent , but not a single person was falling for it . 


Baekhyun stood up , face red from probably anger ( definitely anger , Jongdae mused ) . He suddenly threw something at Chanyeol , who dodged it easily . 

 

" Baekhyun , stop throwing things around !" Junmyeon yelled from his desk . 


" Look what he has done !" Baekhyun exclaimed . 


Sehun walked to where the thing had fallen and held up , looking closely , and suddenly burst into laughter . That intrigued everyone and they quickly gathered around. 


It seemed like pencils , pens , paper weights and different things were molded together in something like that looked a little like Baekhyun ,  it had a scowl on its face , there was also something written under it 

" I'm Byun Byun ! Fear me !" 


Jongdae couldn't help laughing at it . Baekhyun looked at him like he has betrayed him , since they were pretty close , but the thing was so funny Jongdae didn't care . 


" How did you do it ?" Kyungsoo seemed amused . 


" Anything for Byun Byun ." Chanyeol winked at Baekhyun , and he lunged at Chanyeol . 


It was a fun time separating them .

 

5. 

 

Everyone was at Junmyeons house , including Kris , Tao and Luhan who had returned from China . It had been a long time since they hung out like that , and none after Jongdae had joined them . So they planned to meet at a weekend to just chill together. 


" Hyung , if you have no suggestion can you pleeeease pass me the remote ?" Sehun asked for like what was the 50th time , yet Kris ignored him . 


Tao groaned , " If you wanted to watch the news you should've stayed at home you boring grandpa ." 


" Oh shut up . I need to know what our local superhero and villain did new ." Kris didn't even spare a glance . 


Jongdae was interested too . He had seen  the Superhero and the villain in news before .  They had been the hot topic for more than two years , since they had first arrived before everyone . 
Like everyone , he also imagined who could they be . There were many stories in the internet around them . Starting from simply mutants to aliens  who came from a very far away planet to experiments gone wrong . And even though it was more than two years , the villain hadn't done any major damages .He seemed more like someone who was against how the law worked and did what he thought was right .  He had even helped the superhero when a new villain had arrived . These two were a mystery to everyone . 

 

" Of course you should watch for the villain ." Baekhyuns voice broke his trail of thought .


" He's really stylish and good looking . He also has cool powers . " Baekhyun continued .


No one seemed surprised at his thoughts , so Jongdae assumed it was a normal thing for him to say . 


" You're supporting the villain ?" Chanyeol exclaimed ," He is bad . He does evil things . He hung up a man upside down the bridge  just last week , in case you've forgotten ." 


" And in case you've forgotten , that man was a politician who took bribes and did what benefited him , and not the people . " Baekhyun argued back . 


" That doesn't mean you can take the law in your hand ." Chanyeol said , and it seemed like he had done it a lot in the past . 


" The hell I can , if the law isn't going to work for people we'll have to take it in our hand ." 


" What are you , Batman ?" 


" At least he does justice and doesn't sit back that dumb superhero who keeps handing back the criminals to the police-" 


" Because that's the right thing to do-"


" What's the point of doing the right thing when it's clearly not working-" 

 

" They're really passionate about this ."  Jongin mumbled from where he was sitting beside Jongdae on the floor . 


" Are they always arguing like this ?" Jongdae asked , " I don't think I haven't seen them a single day without quarreling ." 


" That's the fun part . " Jongin grinned at him . 


" They're actually best friends since childhood ." Sehun piped in . 


" But they're the total opposite and keep arguing like old married couple all the time ." Jongin added .


Jongdae looked at Chanyeol and Baekhyun , who were still arguing that involved a lot of hand flailing around , which sometimes struck people around them , specially Kris , who was looking so annoyed he just might strangle them with pillows . 


" They've got a strange way of showing their friendship ." Jongdae laughed . 


" Don't get fooled by this . They might argue all the time , but they'll give their lives for each other , and probably for our family ." Sehun smiled at him , and Jongdae felt like he had never been happier at being included in something . 

Though that didn't last long , as now Chanyeol and Baekhyun were both trowing things each other and at everyone . Which caused Kyungsoo to spring up and pull them both by ears , much to everyone elses amusement . 
Jongdae smiled , he was really glad to be part of this family . 

 

+1 

 

The day had started pretty ty for Jongdae . At first he had missed his alarm , then there was no water on the tap . He was so late he couldn't have any breakfast , and now he was hiding under a table at a roadside shop , more like stuck , trying to save his life from the villain attack going . 

 

A new villain had arrived , and it seemed he was a vicious one . He had electric sparkling all around him , and was throwing electric balls at everything and everyone . The shop had already lost its lights and tv , and people were hiding under wooden things , and praying to God to send the superhero , and even the local villain  slash  antihero . 

 

Jongdae was close to the glass window , and suddenly he saw something zoom past him . He looked outside , and there he was , their local superhero with all his glory . He had red hair , was wearing a red skin tight costume , a red mask to hide his identity , with a symbol of a blazing fire embedded on chest , and black boots  . And he was standing just outside the shop .


" Where is that er ?" He growled , and Jongdae wondered if he was talking about the villain or the antihero . 

 

Soon after saying this , another figure joined the red figure , claded in all black and occasional silver . 


The antihero had silver hair , a black mask covering his face . His suit was all black , but his boots were silver . He also had a sign on his chest , but Jongdae couldn't see it. 


" Why are you so late ?" The hero grumbled . 


" I don't need to give you explanations . Let's just get done with this ." The antihero shot back ,and both flew towards the new villain . 

 

After a massive fight , with fireballs and shots of blinding lights coming from the hero and the antihero respectively , defending themselves as well as the civilians from the " Electro " , he was defeated . 

 

Jongdae saw the hero talking with the police , and then flying away . The antihero was already gone . He jumped out of his hiding place and quietly followed him as far as he could , but soon lost him . 

When he was going back to home , because obviously the office was closed today ( it better be , or he'll report something to someone about importance of mental health ) , he heard voices coming from an alley . 

He looked around , he was alone in the road , so he tip toed to the alley ,and peeked . To his utter shock , it was the hero and the antihero . 


" If you had come a little earlier it would've finished a long ago ." The hero was clearly annoyed , at the situation and also at he total lack of care from the antihero . 


" Unlike you , I take care of my appearance . I had to fix my suit before coming ." The antihero said from where he was leaning on the wall . 


" Is your appearance more important than this villain ??? " He was almost yelling . 


" The only reason you get away with your horrendous orange colored suit and your stupid name is because you're the ' hero '. " The antihero finger quoted . " Like seriously ? Who names themselves ' Fiery '?" He gave a mocking laugh . 


" At least I'm not working on the dark side of the law with the name ' Light ' . "  Fiery exclaimed . " And it's red , you blind cockroach ." 


" Potato potahto " Light mocked back , making weird faces at the same time .
" Also , if you don't know about Light Yagami , you're even more of an idiot than I had thought . " 

 

" Hah ! I knew it ! You took your name from a manga " Fiery laughed loudly , making Light extremely annoyed . 

" No I haven't . I was just making a point-" 

" I totally called it ! I can't believe it-" 

" Because it's not true-" 

" You can't even make up your own name and you call yourself the greatest villain-" 

" Says the one who named himself ' Fiery'- "

" At least I didn't pick up a name from a manga character-" 

" you you er-" 

 

Jongdae shook his head , totally bewildered . He quickly walked away before any of them noticed . 

Could his day get any more weird ? 

 

..................................................................


Hello everyone . So I know I haven't updated my other fic for quite a long time , but I was rereading it and thought I needed to improve my writing skills a lot , like a looot ! 
So I thought of writing some one shots , for practice . 


Please tell me if you've liked it , and if you've liked it comment and subscribe . 


Bye~ 
💖

Also , the idea is not mine . I got it from a post on Tumblr