UNO

Miss President Myoui

 

 

“give me your money,”

 

 

“b-but i only got ten dollars..”

 

 

here she is again, im nayeon, stealing— no— taking money from every student she gets to encounter during lunch time. i guess you could say that this is one of her hobbies in school— taking money from everyone. 

 

 

everyone is terrified of her. also the reason why she got no friends since the beginning. she doesn’t mind though, she doesn’t need anyone anyways, they’ll just leave her in the future like what her family did to her. they abandoned her since she was still a little kid. the memory is still fresh from her mind. she remembers all the details, from the moment she was told to wait for them and to the moment she realized they wouldn’t comeback since it has already been five hours since they left. 

 

 

she was angry and confused. but as she got older, that’s when she knew that she doesn’t need anyone. she’s fine by herself.

 

 

“i don’t care give it to me,” she said as she snatched the money from the poor boy who was shaking in fear. 

 

 

“im nayeon!” 

 

 

she heard someone yelled behind her. and as she slowly turns, a sly smirk plastered on her face removing her grip from the boy’s uniform. 

 

 

“ms. president myoui, so good to see you again,” she smiled as if she wasn’t doing anything cruel to a freshman student.

 

 

“come with me,” mina, the council president, ordered, “to the principal’s office,” she took one step closer to the delinquent. 

 

 

nayeon dramatically raised her hands up in the air and sighed, “but i wasn’t doing anything wrong,” she gave the president her best pout and her puppy eyes. “my money actually fell from the second floor, right my friend?” she pats the poor student on his shoulder too harsh for his liking making him nod forcefully.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“i told you i’ve done nothing wrong!” 

 

 

“ms. im, relax, i didn’t even ask a question yet,” 

 

 

nayeon let out an ‘oh’ and laughs. it just made mina more annoyed at her. and what the principal said was true though, they just entered the office when nayeon already opened her loud mouth. well, nayeon had to make sure she was not guilty so she can get away with it. 

 

 

mina hopes, she hopes that this boy will tell the truth and not get scared at nayeon. what’s so scary about nayeon though? her bunny teeth? mina just wants to laugh. 

 

 

“now,” the principal, sunmi, looks at mina leaning unto her table. “ms. myoui, what did ms. im do this time?” she gave nayeon a look. 

 

 

“i saw her forcing this freshman right here into giving his money to her! i told you ms. sunmi she does this everytime and—“ mina was cut off by the older girl.

 

 

“woah, woah, woah, calm your horses. do you even have evidence?” nayeon smirks. she knows she won this time. 

 

 

the principal looks at mina, “i do not have a photo evidence but i was there when you took his money!” she argues. “you,” she turns to the silent boy, “she took your money, right?"

 

 

the freshman gulps looking at mina with wide eyes then glances at nayeon who was smirking and raising her eyebrows. 

 

 

nayeon mouthed an ‘i dare you’.

 

 

“uh—nayeon is telling the truth, h-her money fell,” he croaked out obviously scared and sweating from nayeon’s threat. 

 

 

“i can’t believe this,” mina massaged the bridge of her nose. 

 

 

“well! i think it was just a misunderstanding, you go back to your classes now,” ms. sunmi claps her hands. 

 

 

mina just stood there not believing what just happened. did im nayeon got away with it? again!? she wanna rip her hair off. 

 

 

nayeon was about to walk past her but stop and whispered, “don’t be too harsh on yourself, hm?” she then gave mina a smug smile and winking at her. “and i hope to see you smile more when i see you next time. the angry face just doesn’t suit your pretty face,”

 

 

as soon as nayeon and the boy left, mina glared at the principal. mina and the principal—actually also the teachers— are pretty close, so mina sometimes treats them like a friend. but of course, she knows her limits.

 

 

the principal just shrugged and smiled.

 

 

“this is ridiculous,” she muttered under her breath and stormed out of the office stomping her feet unto the tiled floor really hard making the under students who were passing by looks at her in confusion.  

 

 

“i’ll get you next time, im nayeon.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

//next day//

 

 

 

mina still can’t move on from what happened yesterday. she’s still annoyed with nayeon and the face she made yesterday. nayeon’s lucky because mina hasn’t seen her yet. and if she did, she’ll punch her cute annoying face.

 

 

wait. did she just called nayeon cute? no way. ugh, who is she kidding? nayeon might be annoying but she just can’t deny the fact that nayeon is cute (and attractive).

 

 

“mina!” 

 

 

one of her classmates, sana, waved a hand in front of her face. she probably noticed mina lost in her thoughts and her face red all over. mina shook her head and looked at sana.

 

 

“it’s time for pe,” 

 

 

she nodded and gathered her things. as a good student she was, she made sure all of her classmates left the classroom and made sure no one would stay behind. 

 

 

she locked the door then placed the keys to her pocket when she noticed a familiar figure entered the library. 

 

 

“im. nayeon.” she said, her teeth gritted not tearing her sight away from the delinquent.

 

 

she walked to the library’s and peeked through the open door and spotted nayeon..getting..books? what?

 

 

even mina was surprised. did nayeon just skipped her pe class and went to the library instead? 

 

 

she slowly follows nayeon carefully not to attract the girl's attention. she walks through the wall of books while nayeon was on the other side picking random books without even looking at it. mina stops at the end of the shelf as well as nayeon who has four thin books in her hands. her sight follows nayeon walking to the corner of the library. 

 

 

“she picked the furthest seat so no one could distract her reading—“ mina stops talking when nayeon placed the books into the table and lays her head down on the stacked books, and closed her eyes.

 

 

“of course. i should’ve known,” mina rolled her eyes while shaking head then walked to where nayeon was sitting.

 

 

she first stared at nayeon’s sleeping body before she slammed her hand hard on the table making nayeon jump. 

 

 

mina was lucky that there were no students in the library. otherwise she’ll be in trouble.

 

 

“skipping class, im nayeon,” mina clicks her tongue numerous times while shaking head. “did you know that it’s pe time?”

 

 

“ms. president myoui, let me sleep please,” nayeon fakes a pout thinking it would make mina let her stay. “i can’t sleep in class so i’ll sleep here,” she continues. 

 

 

“you’re such a trouble. why am i even making an effort on you,” mina groans and grabs nayeon’s blazer jacket and started walking.

 

 

“please don’t be so hard on me, ms. president myoui,” nayeon smiled at mina, annoying her more.

 

 

“i’m just doing what should be done,” mina ignores nayeon’s annoying smile and started dragging her. 

 

 

“you’re not gonna get a boyfriend if you’re always like this, ms. president myoui,” 

 

 

mina stopped walking and faced nayeon but not letting her blazer jacket go. she sighs. nayeon talks too much.

 

 

“so what?” she glares at her. 

 

 

“have you never fallen in love, ms. president myoui?” nayeon asked trying to remove mina’s hand from her clothes. 

 

 

“so what?”

 

 

“oh~ so there’s no one to make you feel that way, that’s why?” nayeon snickers, “no wonder you stick your nose into someone else’s business so much,” she continues laughing loudly not caring about the librarian.

 

 

“yah! what’s wrong with you?!” mina smacks nayeon’s arms using her other hand. 

 

 

“you might regret not having fun in high school once you graduate, ms. president myoui,” nayeon rubs her arm. “you always study, here and there, here and there, here and there,” she says moving her head side to side along her words, “why don’t you live your life happier and not just always do school things.”

 

 

“if you meant falling in love with someone, no. i’m not going to waste my time on that,” mina rolled her eyes.

 

 

she got no time to fall in love, especially when she’s a student council president. she has been busy with school work and tasks to even glance at someone and take an interest in them. yes, she did have students that confessed to her but she of course, as mina, politely rejected them and told them that she doesn’t want to date yet. she has plans but not right now. 

 

 

“now i know why you’re so cold, you’re missing something very important,” nayeon takes a step closer to mina. 

 

 

“what is it?” mina takes a step backwards.

 

 

“you need some,” nayeon takes a step closer again, “love.” 

 

 

mina looks away, “tch. don’t act like you know everything, im nayeon.” she crosses her arms to her chest. 

 

 

“you’re right, i’ve never been in love as well,” nayeon scratches the back of her head, “the reason why i don’t act like my age,” she snorts remembering all those childish acts she did on the students and to the teachers as well.

 

 

“no way—! you look like a player—!” mina argues not believing what nayeon told her.

 

 

“it’s true,” 

 

 

“who would even believe that?” mina looks away.  

 

 

“so, ms. president myoui,” mina looks at nayeon with a straight face, “shall we fall in love with each other?” nayeon asked.

 

 

“what the— what are you talking about?” mina raised her voice. 

 

 

“i’m serious!” nayeon giggles at mina’s reaction. 

 

 

“do you even know what you’re talking about?!”

 

 

“of course! that way, we can help each other,” nayeon smiled at mina. 

 

 

“gosh,” 

 

 

“i’m not that bad you know,” nayeon smirks. 

 

 

“im nayeon...”

 

 

nayeon looks at mina.

 

 

“do you have feelings for girls?” 

 

 

“ooooh~ so you’re willing?” 

 

 

mina just stared at nayeon and felt her face heating up. 

 

 

“oh~ you’re blushing!” nayeon teased. 

 

 

mina grabs a book from the shelf and slammed it into nayeon’s face. 

 

 

“ack—! what?” 

 

 

mina started walking away, hands formed into a fist. 

 

 

“hey! you’re just going to leave me like that?” 

 

 

no answer.

 

 

“so does that mean that i don’t have to go to my class anymore?” 

 

 

 

mina, on the other hand, was storming out again from the library when kim dahyun, another classmate greeted her but was ignored because mina was so pissed. 

 

 

“oh! mina— hello,” 

 

 

dahyun was shock to see mina angry because it was such a rare sight but then she heard the president mumbling something while talking aggressively.

 

 

“im nayeon. darn you! 

 

 

darn you! 

 

 

uuugh!”

 

 

 

 

//afternoon; second period//

 

 

 

after what happened at the library, mina hopes not to see im nayeon again. because she might actually punch her the second she sees her. during lunch period, mina stayed at the student council’s room to avoid any of her suitors. don’t get mina wrong, she doesn’t hate her suitors she just don’t want to deal with anyone right now especially im nayeon. 

 

 

she was peacefully writing in her notebook when she heard a knock on her door. the person eventually invited their self in, revealing minatozaki sana, another officer. 

 

 

“mina, mr. lee wanted you to give these to ms. sunmi,” sana placed down the thick papers. 

 

 

mina groans, “why can’t you do it?” 

 

 

sana only shrugs and left the room. 

 

 

mina stretches her limbs, tilting her head side to side earning a crack sound. she stood up from her comfy chair and checked herself from her mirror then picked up the papers and heads out to the office. 

 

 

as she was walking in the hallway she remembered what nayeon told her at the library. 

 

 

“uuuuugh!! so annoying,” she groans. 

 

 

just as she was about to enter the office she can already hear an old man shouting. probably complaining about something. 

 

 

“i told you! i didn’t do anything!”

 

 

that voice was so familiar she could punch the air. then she got a full view at the commotion inside the office. 

 

 

the she got a full view. of course. 

 

 

im nayeon. 

 

 

“you were the one who broke my door!” the old man argues back. 

 

 

“i was pushed okay, old man!” 

 

 

“old man? who are you calling an old man?” 

 

 

“obviously you!” 

 

 

mina hears the the two arguing. im nayeon really doesn’t have respect for others. and she even argue with them. 

 

 

“but the one who pushed nayeon wasn’t any of our student,” ms. sunmi joined in the heated conversation trying to calm the man down.

 

 

“how can you say that, old man? i bought so many food from you!” nayeon dramatically placed her hand on her chest as if she was offended. 

 

 

“you never paid! you always tell me you’ll pay next time! and now you broke my door!” he screamed, veins popping out of his forehead. 

 

 

“but nayeon was just pushed,” ms. sunmi said calmly, hoping the man would adapt her calmness.

 

 

“i don’t care! this is not the first time she broke something from my shop! she even killed my flowers,” he slammed his fist looking at nayeon. 

 

 

“those were ugly anyways,” nayeon muttered. 

 

 

“i heard that!” 

 

 

nayeon sticks her tongue out to the old man crossing her arms. “hmmp!” 

 

 

‘so immature’ mina thought to herself. 

 

 

“what can we do to make you happy,” ms. sunmi tries to bribe the man. 

 

 

“give him hair,” nayeon snickered. 

 

 

“she needs to work in my shop and pay everything she owes me,” the man said smriking at nayeon.

 

 

“ha—! you can’t hire me since i’m not yet an adult,” nayeon stood up from her chair wearing a smug face. 

 

 

“it doesn’t count as a job if you don’t get paid,” mina joined in the conversation still fixing the papers. nayeon gave her a death glare. 

 

 

“problem solved!” 

 

 

“what if she doesn’t show up?” the man asked. 

 

 

“yeah~ that’s right~ she’s good at not showing up,” mina smirks. 

 

 

“then as a good student you are myoui mina, you’ll go help nayeon!” ms. sunmi ordered with a bright smile on her face. 

 

 

 

 

 

//same day; after class//

 

 

 

and then here they are, outside of the old man’s shop trying to sell some of his food and other school things.

 

 

mina didn’t deserve to be here. that’s what she thought to herself. she never did anything wrong and she got involved. another list added to why she doesn’t like im nayeon. she gets into trouble so much that she starts to destruct properties and taint the innocents. all mina could do was to sigh. as if she has a choice. it was the principal who ordered her to go with nayeon. they had been standing for about thirty minutes and mina was thankful that the older girl beside her is silent—

 

 

“hey!” she smacks nayeon’s head. 

 

 

now she knew the reason why they couldn’t sell anything. it was because the one who was supposed to sell was sleeping. oh god. 

 

 

“he— wha— what?” nayeon was still half asleep when she stood up saying incoherent words. 

 

 

“how can you sell if you’re slacking!” mina once again, smacked nayeon’s head. “when will you stop hitting my head?” nayeon complained. 

 

 

they were just about to argue when a group of students stopped in front of them while they laugh their asses off. 

 

 

“oh, myoui mina. didn’t know you sell useless stuff,” a student who mina didn’t know spoke picking up something from their tray and started making fun of it. 

 

 

nayeon stood up from her chair, “if you’re not going to buy that, put it down,” she said in a serious voice that mina never heard before. 

 

 

“oh yeah? what if i don’t?” the student barks back and was about to say something again when one of her friends nudged her side, “that’s im nayeon. the person we don’t wanna mess with.” he whispered to her, obviously scared.

 

 

nayeon heard this making her smirk. mina saw nayeon’s expression and felt there was trouble that was going to happen. 

 

 

“how about,” nayeon leans into the table staring directly at the girl’s eye, “you buy, and there will be no trouble,” she said, smirking. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“what am i even going to do with this?” the students said as they walk away from mina and nayeon. 

 

 

“you can share it with your classmates!” nayeon shouted. “well, that was easy,” 

 

 

“you forced them!” mina raised her voice at nayeon.

 

 

she can’t believe nayeon forced the students to buy the things they were selling. but at the same time, it was a relief they finished early. but it’s still not an excuse to force students! 

 

 

as they were cleaning up, the owner of the shop who happens to be the same old man, came out of the store with a smile plastered on his face. 

 

 

“wah~ that was quick!” he patted nayeon’s back. 

 

 

“here is the money,” nayeon smiled handing the money she earned from selling. 

 

 

“thank you, thank you,” he bowed several times and reaches for his pocket, “here is a gift for you guys,” 

 

 

it was a keychain. a bunny and a penguin. just perfect for nayeon and mina. 

 

 

they bid their goodbye to the old man and started walking away. nayeon lifted up the keychain and made and a disgusted face.

 

 

“he should’ve just given me a money instead of this ugly thing,” she fake vomits making mina smack her head again but this time, it wasn’t hard. 

 

 

“why can’t you just be thankful?” mina rolled her eyes and went back to admiring her penguin keychain. “it’s cute,”

 

 

“like you..” 

 

 

“what?”

 

 

“nothing,”

 

 

“do you wanna eat something?” mina asked and nayeon nodded.

 

 

they entered a convenient store that was just right in front of them and nayeon sat down on a chair near the window while mina bought their food. 

 

 

“here,” mina came back with two cooked noodles. she placed one in front of nayeon and sat beside her. 

 

 

“thank you, ms. president myoui. because of this, you earn one special prize!” 

 

 

“what prize?” 

 

 

nayeon used her index finger to move mina’s chin to face her and took her chance to place her lips into mina’s. she was also surprised at her bold move but won’t show mina that because it might go wrong. nayeon smirked when she felt mina leaned more into the kiss. 

 

 

once they both pulled away, mina was in great shock. nayeon on the hand, has this annoying cute smile that mina (used to) hate the most. 

 

 

“ms. president myoui, i like you!” 

 

 

yes that’s right. nayeon likes mina. she has been liking her for the past two years ever since mina transferred to her school. but nayeon knew mina would just ignore her if she tries to talk to her just like what she do to her suitors. but when nayeon knew that mina became then president of the student council, it was her time shine. she created trouble because she knows mina will come for her, but for the getting money from the other students part? it’s already one of her doings even before she met mina.

 

 

“what?” was all mina could say. she couldn’t believe that a student she (used to) finds annoying, likes her? should she reject her in a polite way or in a harsh way? but why do i feel so happy? do i like her back? mina was so confused. she was feeling giddy after nayeon confessed.

 

 

“now i’m going to pursue you! and you can’t stop me,” 

 

 

and mina felt kind of happy— oh who am i kidding? — she felt so ing happy she could kiss nayeon again. does she like nayeon too but didn’t realized it because she was too busy getting annoyed by her? 

 

 

but wait, she remembered something. 

 

 

she smacks nayeon’s head again (but lightly. her smacks are getting softer) earning a laugh, “that was my first kiss you, idiot!!” she punches nayeon on the arm. 

 

 

“so is it a yes? can i pursue you?” 

 

 

“yes!” 

 

 

 

 

 

and that's how their love story started!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

part 2??? or naaaahhhh