misfortune, thy name is hyukjae.

silver linings.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

today was lee hyukjae’s big day! 

 

after several years of working hard and gaining some recognition in the dancing community through his modest youtube channel and participation in dance competitions, he mustered up the courage to audition for the renowned 1M studio. and as luck would have it, he somehow managed to snag an interview with one of the hiring managers!

 

his nerves were all over the place. the interview was in an hour, but he really, really wanted to make a good impression. after all, it’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

 

he even had a plan to ace the interview: show up to the cafe fifteen minutes early as a sign of discipline, impress the studio representative with his credentials, dazzle them with his sparkling personality, and blow them away with his dancing skills.  

 

“ wallet, phone,” hyukjae muttered to himself, reading off the items on the little checklist he left on the memo on his vanity as he slipped an arm through his denim jacket, pocketing them in his slacks with his free hand. “now.. resume.. reference list..”

 

skimming through the papers to make sure everything was in place, he clipped the documents into a basic padfolio paperboard, which he placed onto his kitchen counter while he slipped into a pair of comfortable sneakers before rushing out the door with high hopes.


 

 

so… what was that about hyukjae’s plan of action again?

 

let’s just say.. it wasn’t.. exactly going the way he wanted. but then again, knowing him and his luck cycle, when does it?

 

he had actually arrived at a  quaint cafe with ten minutes to spare since he left his house relatively early and the entire drive consisted of green lights and empty roads. 

 

however, while waiting patiently for someone to ask for him, he received a phone call from an unknown number, asking for his whereabouts. it turned out that, while he did go to the right cafe, he.. went to the wrong branch. in the wrong city. in his haste, he had typed in the name of the cafe into his gps and clicked on the first location that appeared. 

 

apparently, he went to the wrong gwangju. he was supposed to have driven to the metropolitan city, but he drove over to the district in gyeonggi-do instead. never again was he to not pay attention to the search results on his gps.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter