1 to 3

1 to 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Narrator's POV]

8 years 3 months and 5 days. That's how long Bae Suzy had her husband, Ok Taecyeon, wrapped around her finger. 8 years 3 months and 5 days of building their name and their empire as a couple in the entertainment industry. From the start of her career, Suzy always had eyes watching her. She first started in the kpop industry as a girl group singer. Through that, she was given very few opportunities to act in television shows and movies, but one role changed all of that for her. Her youthful look and great acting skills brought in so much success. Her fame was instantaneous. Leaving the kpop scene, she dove straight into acting, leaving her kpop days behind as pillars to her success. Not to mention her husband had garnered attention of many magazines for his toned physique and tall stature. Together, they were what you would call the "it" couple. They had everything. A luxurious penthouse overlooking the city, rooms full of top brand name clothing and accessories, a couple of the most expensive vehicles. But one thing they didn't have, was time. Time for one another. As the years went on, they lost touch of their relationship, only clinging to each other for the income flow. Whenever asked about the other in interviews, they would lie and say that their relationship was as beautiful as when they had first started dating. What was once a fruitful relationship, turned into a publicity stunt.

___

"Suzy, I'm pulling up to the entrance now. We've got to get you to your schedule. I'm hanging up", manager Park said quickly as he pulled up to the front entrance of the apartment complex. Manager Park had been there for most of Suzy's success. He knew even the miniscule details of her career and relationship with Taecyeon.

 

As Suzy approached the vehicle, manager Park reached over to pull on the handle, opening the door slightly for Suzy.

 

"Hey oppa, what's the schedule for today?" Suzy unfolded her sunglasses and pushed them on her face to sit on the bridge of her nose before buckling her seatbelt.

 

"Miss A has been asked to perform tonight at a company party. I know you don't really associate yourself with them anymore, but this would make great news for media outlets. 'The Heart of Korea reunited with former group mates for one more performance.' Fans will definitely want to hear more from you after this." He pleaded.

 

Suzy sighed and glanced out the window, the light snow fall barely coating the city as drivers adjust to driving for the new season. She fumbled with her fingers before giving her head a small nod, "..okay- but do you think they hate me? You know.. For losing contact with them?"

 

"I wouldn't bet on it. You became so busy, time just wasn't on your side. It wasn't something you could've controlled. Just stick with small conversations if it'll make you feel uncomfortable to talk to them again."

 

Suzy sighed again. She worried about what her former members thought of her. Especially since she left the group quietly yet abruptly to focus on her acting career.

 

As they reached their destination, manager Park parked the car and escorted the singer turned actress into the building, directing her down the once familiar hallways of the event venue. Every Christmas their company would rent out one of the event halls to sing Christmas carols, acknowledge all of the artists accomplish for the year and encourage one another for the next year. The memories that she carried with her, made her feel sorry towards her group members once again.

Knocking on the door gently, manager Park carefully opened the door revealing the quiet yet chaotic group of people running around. Stylists carefully coordinating and picking outfits for each members, hair and makeup artists setting up their stations in front of the mirrors and staff running in and out of the room making sure the artists were catered to and taken care of.

 

"Hi guys-" Suzy blurted out shyly and was immediately embraced by three pairs of arms.

 

"We missed you!"

"You've grown up!"

"Our goddess, we love you!"

 

The warm welcoming lit Suzy's face right up. "Wow, thanks guys! And here I was, nervous to see you all again." She nibbled on her bottom lip as she wiggled out of the group hug to look at everyone. "You all look great too!" The welcomes were cut short as a staff member made sure that the girls were now getting their hair and makeup done.

Suzy sat in the chair, her eyes shifting from one person to the next in the reflection of the mirror. Min, noticing the nervous habits of the younger, handed over her phone to Suzy.

 

"I practiced your part of the choreography and recorded it for you. I would've sent it through text but it seems that you've changed your number a couple times since the last time we've held an actual conversation, heh."

 

Suzy gave an apologetic yet thankful smile. Pressing 'play' on the video, she monitored the elder's dance steps. The memories of spending restless hours in the practice studio to nail down the choreo now flooding Suzy's mind. "I miss this.. I miss you guys.." She looked up from the phone screen.

 

"We miss you too, but we always knew you were bound for so much more. We wouldn't have wanted to sotp you from reaching your greatest potential. You're our greatest star, Suzy!"  The other girls nodded in agreement.

 

After the four girls were all situated in their outfits, their hair and makeup all done up, they gathered in an empty part of the room, doing some blocking and revising of the choreography and line distributions. Suzy surprised herself and the others at how much she remembered. Her body moved on beat, her voice remembered how each adlib and riff went. This impressed the other members. It reminded them that even though Suzy was no longer a part of the group, in many ways, she still was. Because Suzy remembered so much, the review didn't take very long and this gave them more time to catch up and talk casually.

 

"So.. What event is this exactly? My manager didn't really say much when I got in the car this morning.." Suzy asked curiously as her eyes shifted to meet each of the other girls.

 

"Oh come on, don't tell me you forgot! It's our company Christmas party. JYP specifically asked you to join us this year because you're still very much one of us! We must warn you though, our family has grown a LOT! New groups, new producers, new songwriters. If you were single and we didn't know any better, we wouldn't waste time in finding you a man among all our juniors", the girls joked around and Suzy rubbed her nape sheepishly.

 

"Okay girls, it's your turn to do your dress rehearsals and run throughs. Make your way to the back of the stage so we can distribute your mic packs and ear monitors!" a staff members peeked his head in to call the girls over and the girls obediently did what they were told. With their in ear monitors on and their mics hooked up, they stepped on stage, running through a couple of their songs before pausing to revise the choreography not only to fit the size of the stage, but to highlight Suzy's return for the special occasion.

 

While the girls continued with their run throughs, manager Park was metres away from the stage, recording the rehearsals with Suzy's phone for memories sake and as their set ended and the girls walked back stage towards their room, manager Park stumbled and ran to meet Suzy again back at the room, dropping her phone without knowing, along the way.

 

[Wooyoung's POV]

 

I looked down at the phone then up at the man that had just dropped it. "Excu-"

 

"Wooyoung! Just the man I was looking for!" I turned around to match the voice to the face and standing in front of me was the man himself, mister Park Jin Young. I bowed my head to greet him, "Ah, hello sir! Seems like everything's almost set up."

 

"I take pride in my year end parties for the sake of my staff. Just wanted to let you know, I'm looking forward to your projects for this upcoming year! Heard you've been working hard on your composition and songwriting skills." JYP folded his arms across his chest, a proud smile resting on his face.

 

" I'll make sure to work even harder next year, sir! Hopefully you'll consider some of my new stuff for any comebacks happening in the future." I rubbed my hands together, slightly nervous at the thought of my music getting rejected again.

 

"Send your new stuff my way and I'll sit down with my team to see what we can use, okay? I have to go get ready now, but don't forget this conversation. I'm counting on you Jang!" He reached over to pat the my shoulder before walking away. I sighed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter