Special Developments

After Hours

I-DLE LTD.

WEEKEND REPORT NO. 001

20 JUNE 2020 

12:30 PM 



 

“AH—OW!!” Shuhua shouted as she recoiled her hand; she had made the mistake of touching the grill to check if it was hot, when she could clearly see and hear the fat sizzling. “This Song Yuqi, who does she think she is, making me wait?” She complained to no one as she dipped her finger in her cup to cool it; her question was met with the sound of grilling meat. Shuhua sighed. “That’s right, you understand me don’t you? My little pork belly~” she cooed as she picked the strips off the grill and began eating. 

 

Shuhua was halfway through a second serving of pork belly when a hand slammed down on the table, “Yah! Yeh Shuhua you’re already eating? We aren’t even that late!” she snapped from her meat trance and looked up, Yuqi stood with one hand on her hip, staring daggers into her friend. Familiar faces also peeked from behind, she almost didn’t recognize them outside of work attire but with Yuqi were Minnie and Miyeon. “Hi~ we also came to eat!” Minnie said in her usual cheerful tone. “I ran into them on my way here, is it okay if they join us?” Yuqi asked. Shuhua made some incoherent sounds as she gestured for them to sit while she shoveled another spoonful of food into . 

 

“This girl really—you couldn’t wait five more minutes?” Yuqi complained as she took a seat next to her friend, “You should know by now that I get hungry really easily” Shuhua answered in between bites. “I—yeah okay fair point” Yuqi conceded, “anyways” Shuhua remarked, “I knew you were friends with Minnie but I didn’t know that you knew Miyeon too” she glanced at Yuqi before looking back at the other two, who were at the moment preoccupied with their phones. 

 

“Eh? Ah! Oh ShuShu I don’t think I’ve introduced you,” Minnie exclaimed as she set her phone down, “This is Miyeon, you already know her, she’s my girlfriend.” Miyeon was beaming as Minnie spoke. Shuhua blinked, this was quite the unexpected development; however, it made more sense as to why Miyeon would spend so much time at the Seoul branch. “That’s so cute! I’m happy for you both,” She said as she signaled for one of the waitstaff to resupply her now crowded table with food.

 

“So how are you liking the company?” Miyeon asked as they ate, Shuhua paused for a second and seemed to get lost in thought. Miyeon felt a slight jab from her lover’s elbow, and Yuqi cut in: “Yah, let’s not talk about stressful topics, talk about happy things instead!” She said, interceding for her best friend. “This girl has been through a lot recently, she needs the weekend.” Miyeon looked at Shuhua who was still lost in thought, “You’re right, my bad, ShuShu! Eat this! I grilled it specially for you~” she called in a babying voice, snapping Shuhua out of her thoughts. “Eh? Ah? A—” she was attempting to speak before Miyeon fed her; “Ahhh, what about me? Don’t you love me?” Minnie pouted, and the two began playfully arguing. Amid the noise Shuhua turned to Yuqi and whispered “Thank you” to which she mouthed, “Always”. 

 

Minnie noticed that the two had gone quiet and stopped play-fighting, “Yuqi! I forgot to say, I think I found someone you might like” she said, reeling the two back into conversation with them. “Me? Who?” Yuqi blinked in surprise, “Oh? Someone for this brat?” Shuhua chimed in, the glint of interest in her eyes. “Her name’s Soyeon, Shu you know her” Miyeon said. “Ohh, okay! She’s cool, I like her.” a look of recognition flashed on her face, “You should date her Yuqi.” 

 

“Oh yeah? You’ll have to introdu—wait, brat?” She squinted at Shuhua, “you eat without us and dare call me brat?” She grabbed Shuhua and ruffled her hair, “I’m still older than you!” She cackled. Shuhua found herself laughing as well, so much so that she cried. 

 

They talked for quite a while, about college, their first jobs, their love lives, everything they could think of. After the food they went and saw a movie, a horror flick at Shuhua’s request, and much to the chagrin of Yuqi, the others agreed. They spent the rest of the day together as well, window shopping, walking around, and eventually dinner. They continued their talk from lunch, it lasted well into the evening, spurred on by bottles of soju and the lively evening atmosphere. 

 

As Shuhua lay in bed that night, she thought about the day, and about how much closer she’d gotten with Minnie and Miyeon, she looked forward to the office now; it wouldn’t be the cold and dreadful place that it was, and she was grateful. Shuhua began drifting off, and as she did she found herself wishing that she could do the same with Soojin, all the things she did today, “how nice that would be”, she thought as the sleep took her. 

 

I-DLE LTD.

WEEKEND REPORT NO. 001 [END]

20 JUNE 2020 

9:45 PM