Possessive Boyfriend 101

Possessive Boyfriend 101

Jongin was standing under a cherry blossom tree, pretty pink petals showering down on him and his lover. They were both wearing Hanbok and his lover was looking like nothing short of a handsome crowned prince. His face was turned upward, eyes closed and a giddy little smile lingered on his heart shaped mouth. Jongin couldn't breathe, utterly enthralled by the beauty of his lover. Slowly opening his eyes, his lover asked him, "Do you like the falling cherry blossoms or snowfall?" It was such a silly question, thought Jongin. He was about to say so but instead blurted out, "I am going to marry you, Do Kyungsoo." 

Jongin woke with a start. As he was sitting upright on the bed, he covered his face with his hands and groaned. It must be the separation, he thought. Also watching that drama five times didn't really help him with the recurring dreams. He chuckled to himself.

Look what you have done to me, hyung. 

Although he was mildly embarrassed over the cheesy dream, his mood was very cheerful for a Monday. It was a lazy Monday. He had singing and dancing practice in the evening but before that, the whole day he could stay at home and do whatever he wanted to do. 

Before getting out of the bed he picked up his phone from the bedside table and decided to quickly scroll through his insta feed. Sure enough, there was the man of his dreams. 

Kyungsoo had already informed him that he was joining the campaign for the 70th anniversary of the Korean War and now, watching him in uniform with that tiny flag attached on his pocket, filled Jonin's heart with immense pride for his lover. Xiumin hyung was also there and Jongin was genuinely proud of him too. 

He typed a quick message on his phone congratulating Xiumin and Kyungsoo. He couldn't talk to Kyungsoo now, so he decided to ask for details when they talk in privacy at night. 

It was 9:30 in the morning and he had overslept. He quickly got up from the bed, stretched his limbs and loooked around the room. He needed to clean up the apartment before Kyungsoo comes home on his day off. Otherwise, there will be hell to pay. 

Quickly having cereal as breakfast, Jongin went on with his plan of cleaning the apartment. His eyes fell on the teddy bears, and he stood in front of the rack where all his bears are arranged. The teddies badly needed dusting.

As he was cleaning the teddies an idea for his next insta live came to him. He decided to show his collection of teddies on the next insta live; it's been a while he bragged to his fans about the gifts given by his cute boyfriend. 

It was a regular Monday morning in Park and Byun residence. Chanyeol, sitting on a recliner, was eating a banana and scrolled through his phone when Baekhyun appeared out of nowhere, snatched the banana from his hand and started to eat it nonchalantly. It has almost become a habit for Baekhyun, stealing food from Chanyeol.

Chanyeol smiled fondly at his naughty boyfriend and reached out to pull him onto his lap. Baekhyun hummed wordlessly and fed him the banana. 

"What is this!?" Chanyeol shouted excitedly, waving his phone around. Baekhyun looked at him curiously. "Kyungsoo is in trouble, babe...again!" he said while showing the phone to Baekhyun.  

Baekhyun peeked at the phone and sure enough, there was a photo of Hong Ki sunbaenim staring at Kyungsoo. "Interesting," he mused. 

"God! Why does this always happen to that idiot Kyungsoo?" Chanyeol wondered aloud. 

"Um... because he's pretty?"

Chanyeol snorted at Baekhyun's suggestion. "God save Kyungsoo from Jongin!" he almost sounded happy.

Every member knows how Chanyeol loves drama and if it's between his best friends Kyungsoo and Jongin, he's always ready to order popcorn. 

It took Jongin almost three hours to clean the whole apartment. Then he took a long shower and for lunch had rice and chicken curry that Kyungsoo had taught him to prepare. 

He was sitting in front of his desktop now, reading The Girl on the train. Although it wasn't typically his taste, he liked the psychological interpretation of human actions in the book. He'd have to thank Ravi later for suggesting the book. 

He was so immersed in the book that he almost missed the ping! of an incoming message. Eyes still on the monitor, he felt around for the phone. 

There was a message from Chanyeol hyung. Jongin tapped on the message, half expecting it to be some lame joke. 

Hiya! Kim Jongin! Someone's trying to steal your boyfriend! 

He instantly sat upright, the murder mystery forgotten altogether. He opened his insta feed, typed in #kaisoo and found out what was going on with his boyfriend. 

Kyungsoo is my girlfriend.

He didn't personally know Hong Ki sunbaenim but he knew of him. He glared at the photos where Honk Ki is staring at his boyfriend even though they were not talking with each other. 

Jongin couldn't let it go. It was like 2015 once again, when Kyungsoo was so busy with work and hanging out with his actor hyungs so much that he thought he'd lost him. 

He was young then; they both were, actually. Seeing Kyungsoo so close with his actor hyungs, especially with In Sung hyung, he was almost crazy with jealousy. 

He could do many things but when it came to Kyungsoo, he couldn't  handle jealousy very well. He did some things, said some things, back then, to Kyungsoo, he's not very proud of. But he had come a long way now, and frankly he was not that stupid anymore. 

He couldn't risk loosing Kyungsoo. He had to step up his game. If he knew Chanyeol hyung at all, he could bet one of his bears that he had sent a similar text message to Kyungsoo too. 

With a devilish smirk, he started typing the lyrics to their band's song History

Listen can you feel it? 

 

Kyungsoo was facing the camera almost after a year, and not only that, he had to give speech as well. He was already feeling the stress in the back of his neck, where a dull throbbing has started an hour ago. 

Having Xiumin hyung beside him was a bit helpful though. But the real mood maker was Hong Ki hyung. No one can stay tensed around him. 

Having been together for almost a year, Kyungsoo, Xiumin and Hong Ki had become a gang. Spending time with them was a source of relief for Kyungsoo's love sick heart. 

He tried to stay strong and look mature for Jongin but the separation had started to take a toll on him. He lost weight and his cheeks were looking a bit hollow. 

Now, standing straight in front of the cameras, he was repeating his lines in his head when Xiumin hyung asked him to help put on the badge. He helped Hong Ki hyung as well. 

Hong Ki looked sideways at Xiumin before saying, "Kyungsoo would make a very good wife," he laughed and again directed his question to Xiumin, "don't you think?" 

Kyungsoo blushed and looked down. It was something he was almost used to hear, but that didn't mean he didn't feel embarrassed. 

"Oh my God! He even blushes!" Hong Ki said, incredulous. Xiumin chuckled. 

Kyungsoo schooled his emotions back and looked straight at the camera. It dawned on him that this interaction was being captured all along and suddenly his heart skipped a beat. 

Please God don't let Jongin see these photos.

Kyungsoo silently sent a prayer to whoever was willing to listen. It was not that he was afraid of Jongin, ok so he was a tiny bit afraid, but that was not really the cause of his worry. 

Jongin has a tendency to be territorial over him and although it was one of the things Kyungsoo loves about him,  sometimes, that boy goes a little overboard and can do some things that could actually expose them. 

They needed to be very careful and hide their precious love from prying eyes. Jongin's possible reaction to the photos added to his stress. 

In the evening, he was sitting on his bed, listening to the kind of songs that soothes his mind. It was time for Jongin's practice, so he was not expecting a call from him for at least two hours. 

He was getting a little sleepy, so he lied down on his bed, eyes closed. Chanyeol's call jerked him awake.

As soon as he picked up the phone, Chanyeol's excited voice blasted from the other end. "Kyungsoo-ah you're wildin' again? I thought you learned your lessons last time." 

Kyungsoo wasn't sleepy anymore. A dawning suspicion was raising its head in the back of his mind but he asked anyway, "What nonsense are you talking about, Chanyeol-ah?" 

"Dude, just check your insta..." Chanyeol halted, remembering that Kyungsoo is not on any social media. "Ok. I'm sending you screenshots. Wait a sec." 

Kyungsoo was feeling uneasy even before seeing the screenshots and once he did see them, his heart sank. 

What has Hong Ki hyung done? 

For a second he couldn't concentrate on what Chanyeol was saying and he heard only the last part. "...he's sharing lyrics of History."

So Jongin knows. 

Kyungsoo ended the call. He too anxious to talk anymore.

The fact is he knew he was overreacting; obviously, Hong Ki hyung was joking and anybody in their right mind would take it as a joke. But, 'right mind' is the key word here. 

Kyungsoo needed to think of a way of appeasing his very jealous, very possessive boyfriend. 

It was 9:30 in the evening and Jongin still hadn't called. At least he didn't share anything else on insta or on bubble and that's a relief but even then, Kyungsoo was feeling too anxious to sit still. 

He decided to call Baekhyun. He picked up on the first ring. "Don't stress too much," Baek said instead of saying hello. 

"I'm trying," Kyungsoo said in a small voice. He started to pick on a lint on his pants. 

"He's a grown up man now and he knows better. He's not stupid," Baek assured him. 

"Yeah, but he's done some pretty stupid things in the past though."

Like sharing his birthday footage, involving Kyungsoo, on insta.  A birthday he was supposed to spend with his fake girlfriend. 

Baekhyun laughed and Kyungsoo joined in. 

"He's currently in the studio, practising. I talked to him when he was on the road. He seemed fine," Baekhyun informed him, voice warm with smile. 

Talking to Baek was really a good decision, Kyungsoo thought. 

Jongin was restless in practice. His choreographer hyung sensed it and let him go earlier than usual. 

Sitting in the car, Jongin decided to check what the Kaisooists are doing. He liked how these faceless, nameless people from all around the world, who didn't know him and Kyungsoo in real life, loved and supported them so much. 

Today, though, they were having fun at his expense. People were betting on how long it would take him to snap! Someone even predicted he'd post something even before he posted the lyrics to History. 

God! He was so transparent! 

A wicked idea came to his mind. He smirked. 

It was almost bedtime for Kyungsoo. Jongin still hadn't called. Now, he was sure that his boyfriend was mad. 

Eight out of ten times Jongin calls Kyungsoo first. This is the way they have been from the very beginning. Tonight belongs to the other two times. 

Kyungsoo called Jongin but it went unanswered. He started to worry and suddenly thought to check insta and bubble where Jongin goes to vent his frustration. 

As soon as he opened bubble his mind was blown. 

Is he drunk!!!???

Jongin was writing gibberish, no, he was apparently playing karaoke where he randomly wrote I miss you​​​​ to no one in particular.

He wasn't nearly finished though; he went to his insta and posted four selfies, one pouty and the rest glaring. He didn't forget to declare them  #nofilter and then he asked to pick one. 

Kyungsoo, with the patience of a monk, cursed under his breath. He called his crazy boyfriend once again. 

This time he picked up after it rang twice. "How was your day, baby?" he had the audacity to sound cheerful, or, was he being sarcastic? Kyungsoo couldn't figure out. He decided to grab the bull by its horns. "Jongina what are you doing? Are you drunk?" he asked, exasperated. 

Jongin chuckled. "You know hyung, everyone thinks so too," he answered, sounding genuinely excited. 

"Yeah? But are you?" Kyungsoo was getting irritated now. 

"No, silly! You know I don't drink. I'm just having fun." 

Kyungsoo snorted. "Listen, Jongina, I miss you too," he confessed. 

"So you've seen my bubble post," he sounded sheepish but didn't elaborate. Instead he replied to Kyungsoo's I miss you too.

"I know you miss me, hyung. You looked pale today. Don't overwork yourself, please," Jongin pleaded. 

Kyungsoo thought he was really an idiot for worrying about Jongin the whole day. He was not being possessive; he was not so immature anymore. Just like Baekhyun had said. He sighed, a weight coming off of his chest.

"I love you hyung. You know I love you the most right? It was Jongin's favourite way of confessing his love for Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo's anwer got interrupted by Hong Ki hyung's sudden arrival. As he was entering the room he said, "Kyungsoo-ah could you wake me up early tomorrow?" He stopped and retreated seeing Kyungsoo on the phone. 

Jongin, from the other end, heard this. "Tell me you love me, hyung," he demanded. 

Kyungsoo groaned internally. So much for being mature. 

As Hong Ki was getting out of the room, he heard Kyungsoo saying I love you to someone. He raised his eyebrows and smiled thinking the younger boy was talking to his girlfriend. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, Kyungsoo saw his boyfriend had made the headlines with #nofilter selfies. People were praising him for his sun kissed skin. Someone even commented that he was ageing backwards. Considering last night's actions, Kyungsoo, too, thought so. 

He sent a message to his lover, smiling fondly. 

Good morning gorgeous! I'm so proud to have a boyfriend like you. 

P.S. I choose the pouty one. 

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××