Begin again

Neverland Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

Miyeon had never considered herself a romantic woman. She had her teenage crushes, boys and girls that made her heart beat faster, but nothing she could consider the person like being the love of her life. At the age of 25 she found herself in a 2-year relationship with Shuhua, a Taiwanese she met in a cooking class and she remembered exactly when she saw Shuhua for the first time. The girl dropped a pile of pots on the first day of class. She looked like a lost puppy and Miyeon ended up feeling sorry for her and called her to be her partner. From that day on a friendship arose and after a few trips and afternoons sharing wine glasses it became a courtship.

 

Being with Shuhua was comfortable and peaceful, the girl made her days happy and it was nice to come home and meet her in her owl pajamas while watching her kdrama. But she knew that the Taiwanese girl's heart already had an owner, it always had. Her name was Soojin and they met at school, the typical cliché of friends who became girlfriends, but Soojin was a taekwondo fighter and received a unique opportunity to train in the United States and decided to end her relationship with Shuhua, claiming that she didn't believe in distance dating. Miyeon knew that Shuhua loved her, in her own way, and that she did everything to make it work, but there was an undeniable gleam in her eyes when she watched the taekwondo competitions on her cell phone late at night when she thought Miyeon was sleeping.

 

Their routine was comfortable and simple, they were returning from another trip to the cinema when a figure standing in front of their building made Shuhua stop. The woman had a familiar face, but Miyeon did not know where she knew her from.

 

- Soojin?

 

- Hi, Shu...

 

Both looked at each other and Miyeon could see the swirl of emotions in their eyes. She felt like an intruder in their midst.

 

- What are you doing here?

 

- I came back... once, I stopped by your parents' house and they gave me your new address…

 

Miyeon cleared .

 

- Ah, Soojin this is Miyeon, my girlfriend. Miyeon, this is Soojin.

 

Both greeted each other in an awkward way.

 

- Soojin, why don't you come in? I believe you have a lot to talk about.

 

Soojin looked hesitant, her gaze locked on Shuhua's as if waiting for an order.

 

- Come on, it's fresh out here.

 

And the 3 women entered the apartment, Miyeon went to the kitchen with the excuse that she was going to make some tea and left the two of them talking in the living room. She still didn't know what Soojin's return meant for them, but she wasn't silly not to know that everything would be different from that moment on.

 

And in fact it got different. When Soojin finally left, Shuhua had talked to her, saying that they exchanged phone numbers, but that she would only keep in touch with Soojin if Miyeon was comfortable with it and guaranteed that nothing would change between them and that between her and the fighter there was only friendship left. But Miyeon knew that this wasn't true, she only had to look at both of them on that sidewalk to know that there was a great feeling between them.

 

The routine between Shuhua and Miyeon didn't change, they still spent their nights curled up on the deck watching kdramas and trying out new recipes, but Shuhua had started to meet Soojin in person too, going to cafes and cinem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter