02/02

Love Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

But I don’t know
When did you start living in my heart?
I don’t know
The reason my heart flutters when I see you

 

After knowing that she felt the same way as I do, you could say I feel absolutely relieved because I was no longer afraid, but instead, determined to fully win her heart over. Even so, I did my best to be really gentle with her and take it real slow too. Ever since our encounter outside the Emergency the other day, I began taking the initiative to ask her out for coffee breaks and lunches again.

I was thankful she did not turn me down at all. In fact, I could sense she began to open up to me again as she began taking the initiative to ask me out for random coffee breaks too, which I really appreciate.

Then season launch for Privé came and I had to stay at work much longer, which means I had to forgo our little adventures during the day since I had to oversee stuff at work. Since we're unable to meet one another, I would arrange for bouquet of flowers to be sent to her office and I know she loves that kind of surprise, because the first time I did it, she could not stop smiling, well... according to Yeol.

It just so happened that when I ordered the flowers, I made it clear to the delivery man to deliver the flowers to wherever Eunyoung is at. The delivery man definitely did an excellent job of locating her in the hospital because during the time of the delivery, it turns out that it was her offday and yet, she popped by the hospital to pay Yeol a quick visit. Chanyeol, being our wingman, also... my spy, kept me updated on her reaction as she received the flowers in front of him. He even sneakily took a picture of Eunyoung smiling as she held onto the bouquet .

After she was done admiring the flowers, she got Chanyeol to take a picture of her with the flowers with her phone, and she sent it to me.

 

 

 

... and I'd be lying if I was not captivated by her beauty.

As soon as I received her picture, my heart skipped a beat. Despite being busy at work, I feel like I need to hear her voice so I rang her up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Baekhyun-ssi. Thank you for the flowers, they're lovely!"

"I am glad you loved them. I was just walking past a florist today and saw these newly arrived peonies so... I thought of you. Did you like the card message that came along with the peonies as well?"

"Hm? A card?"

"Yeah! There's a card! Try look inside the big bouquet."

"Hang on... oh! I found the card."

"Read it!"

"Oh? Okay. Uh... one moment, let me open the envelope. Peonies... means love at first sight, and it can also mean bashfulness, just like you. Peonies also mean romance between two strangers... just like us. Thinking about you every single day, can't wait to see you again once my chaos at work is over."

The other line fell into silence and I wasn't sure how is she handling it until I heard Yeol yelling, "Hyung, she's smiling and she blushing so much!"

"Shut up, Park Chanyeol!"

I giggled as I heard her voice, yelling back at Chanyeol whom guffawed into laughter.

"Hey, I miss you. I'll see you soon and take you out for a dinner date, alright?"

 

 

 

After my phone call to Eunyoung on that very day, Chanyeol (being the great wingman he is) snuck into Eunyoung's office at work when she was out for lunch and he sent me a picture of her latest duty roster which made me shift some of my work schedule and appointments around so that I could surprise her at work. It turns out nothing much could be done anyway, because while I manage to free up few hours of my already packed schedule, Eunyoung had decided to step in to cover for her colleague at work on that very day too, which means that there is no way that she can leave the hospital.

Then, an idea kicked in and I decided to arrange for a surprise candlelight dinner in the hospital, at the terrace that overlooks the lush garden which she took me to when we first met.

Hastily grabbing my phone, I got in touch with my friend, Do Kyungsoo, whom is a fabulous cook, and got him to customize a nice, three course menu for us and Kyungsoo was more than happy to accomodate to my request. He even offered to set up a table for us, what I needed exactly.

 

 

 

The day of the surprise then came, but it was also two days before the Privé season launch.

I had shoots after shoots after shoots, and more appointments -- one after the another. Things did not ease up for me since I have cramped up all my schedules altogether and I was really exhausted from preparing the launch that I even doze off a couple of times when the make up artists were touching up my makeup for the photoshoot. 

For some reason, this season's launch seemed to be more exhausting than previous seasons, but I was also estatic at the same time because I can't wait to see Eunyoung soon.

 

 

 

Shoot's over, appointment's over, and I had four hours to spare before my next appointment at the main office. Kyungsoo sent me a text, informing me that he has already done setting up the table at the terrace in the hospital, and my personal assistant, Yixing, quickly helped me to hail a cab and both of us made our way to the hospital.

But as I was waiting for the cab to arrive, I began to feel lightheaded and my steps became a little heavier too. I grabbed onto Yixing whom was standing next to me for support. 

"Baekhyun-ah, are you okay?" I heard him ask.

"I'm... I'm fine hyung. I'm not sure why do I feel lightheaded... I'll just hold on to your arm for support."

"Alright."

The cab then arrived and as Yixing and I walked towards the cab, my knee gave way and Yixing being the quick witted man he is, was quick to hold onto my arm before I collapse onto the ground. My world was spinning.

"Baekhyun-ah! Hey, Baekhyun... Stay with me. Gosh, you must be e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter