one

99 years with you

Baekhyun wanted him to be there. He might not say it directly, but he wants it.

 

When he got home that night, chanyeol was watching some movie and was lounging on the couch.

 

"Hey." he greeted him as he removed his shoes and coat

"Hi, baby." chanyeol looked at him and waited for him to sit down beside him.

"I'm so tired."

 

The little one curled up beside him and sighed.

 

"Have you eaten? I can cook for you."

"I'm on a diet. It's okay."

"Do you want to sleep now?"

"Just let me stay here for a while, please.”
“Alright. How’s the dance practice video?”

“We did it in three takes.”

 

Sounds like Baekhyun is really tired because he’s not that talkative. Chanyeol just let him sleep beside him and he continued watching the movie.

 

When they transferred in bed, Baekhyun is on his phone, checking tweets and reading some messages and last minute instructions from their manager for tomorrow’s broadcast.

 

Chanyeol pulled him closer and let him stay on his chest while he’s still busy with his phone.

 

“Love, what’s your schedule tomorrow?” He looked at Chanyeol and waited for his reply.

“I have NNG tomorrow and as usual, recording for the album. We also have a meeting for an ad we will be doing soon.”
“Wow. You’re so busy.”
 

Chanyeol snickered and pinched his cheek.

 

“Just like you. I’m just thankful we have each other after a tiring day.”
“Hmm.”

“How about you? What’s your schedule tomorrow?”
“Last day of Candy stage.”
“It’s the last one?”
“Yeah.”
“That was fast.”
 

Baekhyun sighed and moved towards his side of the bed and turned to face the wall.

 

“Hey. Are you mad?”
“No, just tired.”
 

Chanyeol moved closer to him and hugged him from the back and kissed his shoulder.

 

“You’re getting thin, promise me we’ll eat lots of pizza tomorrow?”
“You’re on a diet, too.”
“I can make a one-day exception so I can join you eat.”
“But you’re busy tomorrow.”
“I know. I’m sorry.”
 

Baekhyun just closed his eyes and let the madness go. He understands that it’s not wise to demand time from his busy boyfriend.

 

But it’s his last stage and he wanted him to be there.

 

“I need to sleep, Chan. Good night.”

“I’m just ‘Chan’ now? Baby, don’t be mad, please.”

“Okay then. Goodnight, Park Chanyeol, Loey, Loey Park.”

 

It made Chanyeol laugh and he just kissed his boyfriend good night.

“I love you so much.”
“Hmm.”

 

---

 

Morning came, Chanyeol woke up with Baekhyun already gone.


He left a note on the fridge saying, “Already ordered your breakfast food. They will deliver it by 9AM. Love you! See you tonight. - Byun Candy”

 

It made Chanyeol smile because he’s been calling Baekhyun, his candy ever since he told him about his title track.

 

But he felt a small pang of guilt.

 

He showered, and then went on his way to their studio.

 

There, MQ is already sketching some logo ideas.

 

“Why do you look… different?”
“What?”
“Look at him, miss CW. He looks different, right?”
“Is it because I bleached my hair?”
“No, I already saw you with your bleached hair. You look… sad.”
 

Their camerawoman agreed and nodded.

 

He sighed and as he placed his car keys and wallet on the table while sitting down, he immediately caught his chin with his hands.

 

“See. You’re really sad.”
“I want to see Baekhyun today. It’s his last stage for Candy.”

 

MQ stopped sketching and looked at him.

 

“Then what are you doing here?”

“We’re supposed to film today, right?!”
“Yes, but we can do it later. I know you want to see him. Go!”
“Wait, wait, wait. I want to bring him something but not too much that the fans will speculate.”
 

MQ smirked. It’s always been his concern but he knows whatever these two do, it’s always subtle but obvious.

 

“Bring food!”

“What if he’s done eating?”
“Then message him.”

Chanyeol: Baby, hi. Where are you? Have you eaten?

Baekhyun: On my way to see some friends. We’re going to have lunch together.

Chanyeol: Oh. Okay. Enjoy, my love. Eat well.

Baekhyun: Thank you.

 

“He’s stil mad.”

“Huh? You didn’t talk on the phone.”

“He didn’t say I love you back. God, MQ. I need to do something!!!”


MQ stretched his back and looked at his sad friend.

 

“Give him something he will surely love.”
“You know I can’t give it to him on the spot.” Chanyeol almost smiled.

“Not that one you nasty kid!”
“THEN WHAT?”

 

Miss CW scrolled through her phone and showed it to Chanyeol.

“How about this?” She gave her phone to Chanyeol and then Chanyeol scrolled through it.

 

MQ walked closer to him and looked at the phone, too.

 

“Those are beautiful. And I’m thinking, you also gave Junmyeon some flowers so it’s perfect.”
“That’s right. I can do that. How do I order these?”
“I can call the shop for you so they won’t suspect.”
 

Chanyeol nodded.

 

“Thank you, guys.” He felt relieved.

“What did I do?” MQ asked blankly and continued to sketch.

 

Chanyeol just rolled his eyes and waited for Ms. CW.

 

While Ms. CW is on the phone, calling the flower shop, Chanyeol asked Baekhyun’s assigned manager about his boyfriend’s whereabouts.

 

Chanyeol: Hey, Manager-nim. What’s Baekhyun’s stage time?
Manager: He will perform last today. Are you guys supporting? I heard everyone will visit today.

Chanyeol: Everyone’s going today?!

Manager: Yes. I just got word that everyone will be here. Security has been briefed too and informed of the cars that will be used.

Chanyeol: Can I bring my car?
Manager: Yes, but you have to transfer to the company car before proceeding to the station.

Chanyeol: Okay, I can do that. Can I bring something?
Manager: Nothing big will do so we won’t have a problem with the building’s security, okay?

Chanyeol: Okay got it.

Manager: Okay. See you.

Chanyeol: Manager-nim. One more thing. Can you not tell Baekhyun I am coming today? I want to surprise him.

Manager: Got it :-)

Chanyeol: Thank  you! You can tell the others, though.

Manager: I will.

 

“Chan? I have the prices now.”

“How much?”
“It’s costly, I tell you.”

 

He waved his hand and mouthed a “It’s okay. Don’t mind the price.” to which Ms. CW nod to.



-

 

Chanyeol parked his car on the side of the street and was met with a security detail from their team. He knows him and the moment he opened the car door, he immediately helped him with the flowers.

 

Of course, there are fans who will take photos and videos but he doesn’t care anymore. MQ was right, he gave Junmyeon a bouquet during his solo stage, too so why make a big deal out of it, right?

 

Right…

 

When Chanyeol entered the building, he was met with the manager and then told him Baekhyun is already on his way to the stage.

 

“Jongin is here, Sehun is on his way with Jongdae.”

 

He just nodded and looked at the potted plant he also bought for Baekhyun -  it was a last minute addition to the flowers he ordered.

 

When Ms. CW asked him, he just said Baekhyun wanted us to take care of something inside our home so I bought this.

 

It’s simple and sincere.

 

-

 

Jongin’s already there and they took a photo so he can upload it to his Bubble.

 

“Why aren’t you active on Bubble these days?”
“Been really busy with my schedule.” He sighed and closed his eyes for a while.

“I’m glad you came here today, Hyung. It’s been a while since we all got together.” Jongin pouted.

“I know. Everyone’s been busy, too. How’s your solo album preparations?”
“Doing well. I’m recording and learning my choreography.”

Their conversation was interrupted when Sehun and Jongdae arrived.

 

The room suddenly became so alive as everyone shared some hugs and noisy how are yous.

 

It was always like that whenever everyone is around, noisy and happy.

 

“Wahahaha! You bought flowers, too?!” Sehun pointed to the big bouquet of roses beside Chanyeol.

“Of course. Only the best for my best love.”
“Wahaha! Whipped!”
“Or more like have you done something?!” Jongdae .

“He’s a little mad and thought I won’t be able to come today.”
“So that’s a surprise?”

Chanyeol nodded and smiled a little.

 

“Awww. You’re always a sweetheart, Chan. That’s a big bouquet.” Jongdae tapped his shoulder and sat beside him.

“99 roses for him.”
“That’s a lot. Wow.” Jongdae examined it closer.

“Beautiful, right?”
“Yeah. Does it mean something? Why not make it 100 pieces?”
 

Chanyeol was about to answer when the staff from the show entered the room.

 

“Guys, he won today’s show and it would be cool if you all showed up on stage. Is that okay?”
“Baekhyun won?!” He’s shocked and his heart felt so proud of his boyfriend.

“Yes. So are you guys going up? We’ll end in a while.”

Everyone agreed to show up on stage and surprise Baekhyun, Chanyeol being the most excited one.

 

-

 

When it’s about time to announce who won, the members were already on standby on the side and Chanyeol can’t take his eyes off of Baekhyun.

 

After all, he has his hair up and his pretty forehead is exposed.

 

“He still looks good even after all the tiring nights.” He whispered and Jongin heard it.

“Hyung always looks good but I think he looks extra pretty in your eyes.”

 

He just smiled.

 

When it’s about to go up, Chanyeol pushed Jongin first and in that little time that their eyes connected, he felt that Baekhyun already forgave him.

 

He looked surprised and his eyes made that eye-smile he always loves.

 

And because it’s his time to shine and bask in his win, the members stayed at the back to give him the attention.

 

“AND CUT!”

 

Everyone - the staff, the dancers, their co-artists  congratulated Baekhyun and while the members just stayed at the back, Chanyeol can’t help but be proud of Baekhyun. His heart felt so warm at the sight of him, happy and thanking everyone of his win.

 

And he wants to lift and hug him right then and there but… self-control.

 

-

 

While walking towards the make-up room, they were side by side but not talking. They just walked side by side.

 

Chanyeol looked at him.

 

“Congratulations, baby.” He said in the most softest, quietest tone he can muster.

 

Baekhyun just looked at him and pouted. Almost smiling…

 

He reached for his hand and immediately intertwined their hands together.

 

They are safe because the members immediately covered them. Protective. As always.

 

-

 

When they entered the make-up room, everyone congratulated Baekhyun again and he gave a small speech.

 

“Thank you, all for being here. For showing up despite your busy schedules. Just for being here. I appreciate you all. All of the song’s wins are not just mine but ours. Thank you, thank you, thank you.”

 

Everyone clapped for him and cheered him on. He bowed down and when he looked up, Chanyeol was already standing in front of him with the big bouquet and the potted plant.

 

He looked around and it seemed like everyone had their eyes on the two.

 

They know. All of them know.

 

“Woah. What is that?” He asked, blushing.

“Baby, these are flowers. For you.” Chanyeol chuckled and handed it to him.

“For me?”

“Yes.”
“For?”
“For winning today and for the successful run of your second album.”
 

Baekhyun didn’t accept the bouquet but immediately hugged the tall one.


“You’re really good with surprises.” Baekhyun said in a muffled voice.
“Sorry for not telling I’m coming today. I wasn’t going to but I realized I wanted to see you and to show you I am proud of you.”

 

Baekhyun pulled him to the side and just hugged him and buried his face on Chanyeol’s chest.

 

“You’re making me cry.”
“You’re just happy you won.” Chanyeol let out a small laugh and earned a soft pinch on the waist by Baekhyun.

“I’m happy you’re here. I really do.”
“Do you love the flowers?”
“I love you.”
“I love you, baby. But do you love them?”
“Of course. They are from you.”

“Those are 99 pink roses.”

 

Baekhyun looked at him and furrowed his brows.

 

“99?”
“As I've read, 99 pink roses means you will love the person for the rest of your life.

“Are you being serious right now?”
 

Chanyeol just kissed his forehead.

 

“I will love you for the rest of my life, Baekhyun. You will always have me.”
 

Baekhyun returned the hug.

 

“Thank you for showing up today. I needed to see you and when I saw you going up on stage earlier, my heart felt so happy.”
“You have to say sorry to Jongin.”
“Why?!”
“You didn’t let him hug you! He was reaching for a hug.”
“Oh! That one! If I hug him, then I have to hug you, too, and that would be a big, BIG issue. You know that.”

“I know. It’s fine, we’re hugging now.”
 

Baekhyun cupped his face and pulled down his mask and tiptoed to kiss him on the lips.

 

“Thank you for the flowers, my Loey Park.”

 

It made Chanyeol grin and it’s his turn to kiss Baekhyun quickly on the lips.

 

“I also bought an Aloe Vera plant.”
“And it means?”
“I searched about it, too. It means immortality.”

“So the flowers mean endless love, the plant means immortality. I get it.” Baekhyun smiled and giggled.

 

Chanyeol sighed, seeing Baekhyun this happy makes him happy, too.

 

“I will love you forever, Byun Candy.”
“I love youuu.” Baekhyun asked for another kiss and Chanyeol was happy to give it.

“Just one?”
“99 kisses, too?” Baekhyun smirked.

“I’ll kiss you endless at home, don’t worry.”

 

They hugged each other for a while. Hug. Smile. Kiss. Then hug again.

 

“But really. Why does it stop at 99?” Baekhyun asked, out of curiosity.

“Because you’re the only 1 who can complete it.”
“Oh my god, Chanyeol!” Baekhyun laughed out loud and he hugged the smaller again.

 

Their lovey-dovey moment got cut off when Sehun offered to take a photo of them two with Chanyeol’s gifts.

 

“Okay, you two! One, two, pose!”

 

Sehun gave Chanyeol his phone back.

 

“We look good, babe.”

“Caption it.”

“I know what to put… Byun Candy and Loey Park.”

 

Baekhyun giggled and hugged the flowers closer to him. 

 

“I really love it. Thank you, again my love.”

Chanyeol posted the photo and pocketed his phone.

 

“Everyone free for dinner?”

 

Everyone agreed.

 

“Your treat?”
“My other gift because my baby won.”

 

END.

happy chanbaek day again!!! <3