AMORE

AMORE | LIPSOUL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Birds chirped, waves clashed against the cold sand as a pair of feet left a trail of it's prints. The sun had finally exposed it self, gotten out of it's cage where it hid once replaced by the moon. The raven head dragging her heels across the damp sand could already feel the extreme heat of the noon against her tanned skin. Jinsoul hummed to herself as she walked through the deserted beach across the repair shop she worked at - the shark incident a couple of days ago had scared all citizens away and the waters were a little too belligerent for anyone to ride or swim in. So she had the place all to herself, the legs of her overalls rolled up and her head hung low, waiting for any movement in her father's shop. They were in need of clients or else forty years of sacrifices and hard work would be thrown away like trash.

"Hey, island girl," a voice echoed inside Jinsoul's head and a smile shone on her face as stained with oils hands moved to wipe off the sweat on her forehead "Are you up already? I was hesitant to reach out."

Telepathy was a word unknown to Jinsoul, she didn't know it existed nor that she was capable of possessing such skill. That until a voice rang in her head about three years ago, a terrified voice that she never seems to forget, asking for help. Little did she know a girl from the other side of the world was desperately trying to get away from an abusive man and had somehow reached her through her brain, planted her thoughts inside Jinsoul's head who was just trying to sleep.

"It's noon here, Jungeun-ah. I've been up since six in the morning."

It took a while for them to realize what exactly was going on and why, if they tried hard enough, they could talk to each other without any words - just thoughts. But they made the best of it, talked and talked about themselves, kept each other company or comforted one another when things were too much to handle. They had become friends, maybe even sisters, without having seen each other in person. 

"Oh, well, I really need to write down the time difference. It's nearly midnight here, I'll make sure to reach out sooner. How's New Zealand?"

Talking to Jungeun was therapeutic, Jinsoul would occasionally think. Something about her weird screaming and loud voice when she got mad or cringed cleansed all bad energy from the raven head's body. It felt as though she was always talking through her heart, every word she spat was dipped and soaked in love. Jungeun even if acting like she didn't care about anyone, would give her all to please the ones she truly believed deserved it - though most of the times they didn't. That's why she always ended up hurt, trying to escape from messy situations, like the one that caused their meeting.

"Boring. Dead. Man, I don't even know," Jinsoul groaned "I haven't seen anyone pass by in days, just Jiwoo only because she works here. They're avoiding the area because of the shark attack, tourists too. How's Canada?"

Jungeun laughed, body pressed against the large glass window of her apartment. The white and fluffy blanket around her body and the fireplace had managed to stop her from shivering and the empty cup that used to have warm milk in her hands, reminding her that it was indeed late and that she should go to bed soon. However, she couldn't help wanting to listen to Jinsoul whine about every single little thing going wrong and watch the thick snow fall and cover the whole town in it's freezing embrace.

"Same as always. I haven't gotten out of my house in a while, my boss said it's better working from home since this year's winter is worse than any other." she replied, closing her eyes to imagine the raven head's pout and sunburned skin "Are you wearing s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter