talk fast, burn, crash

talk fast, burn, crash
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kiss me," she says, and it's the first time Yuqi doesn't have it in her to say no. 

When Shuhua inches closer, Yuqi follows her without thinking.

She leans in, just enough. Close enough that she doesn't burn under the heat pooling where Shuhua's hands meet her skin. Enough that can feel warm, gentle puffs of her breath against her skin.

They're close enough. And when she thinks about how easy it is to want more, she doesn't think for too long. Because that's what they'll always be.

Just enough.

That's how it's always been.

Anything else isn't them.

But maybe it's in the distance that they keep. Or maybe, just maybe it's in the way that they're almost always together, but never more than they need to be. Maybe, she wonders, if it's in the awkward silences and the heavy stares. Maybe it's in those quiet nights, all alone; stuck in Shuhua's room; somewhere in the soft, gentle touches that aren't for meant Soojin or Soyeon to see.

She wonders when that stopped being enough.

It's hard when things are like this. It isn't fair when they don't play by the rules. Right now, with Soojin there, she's sure that Shuhua knows that too.

There's something in the way she stands there; quietly; like she doesn't need to say anything else. The way her body stills, pressed up against her, and her eyes; glossy as they are, tell Yuqi that she knows that she doesn't have to try anymore. She hates when Shuhua gets lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter