Chapter 1

Miscommunication
You shifted the pack on your back, trying to make it more comfortable. You weren't use to carrying so much weight. You weren't even use to what you were about to do and yet here you were. All because you were an idiot that can't say no to a boy.
"Ready?"
One look at the smile on Jongup's face and you were smiling as well. "Yeah." you told him, ignoring the dread inside you.
"Oh. Here." He stepped closer and lifted your backpack, easing some of the weight off of you. "Tighten the straps."
Feeling your face heat up, you blinked at the various straps for a moment before doing as he instructed. Then he let go and the weight settled on you once more. It was a bit more comfortable than before though.
"There. Now you're ready." he declared.
You opened your mouth to thank him when he suddenly turned and walked away. Surprised, you stared at his retreating back until you shook your head, coming back to your senses. You really were an idiot.
"Let's go!"
The group of people took off in to the woods and you followed after them. Thankfully the path was well used. Especially since you hadn't broken in your new hiking boots yet. The camping gear on your back was new too and you glanced at the others. Each one had a similar pack on as well, stuffed full with a tent and supplies.
You let your gaze wander over the group until you spotted a black and green backpack. Jongup was animatedly talking to the person next to him, showing you just how excited he was for this camping trip. Your friends went a few times every year but you always declined their invitation. Why sleep on the hard ground when you could sleep in a comfy bed instead? Yet every time they planned a trip, Jongup would keep on nagging you to go. You finally gave in this time, no longer able to resist his puppy-dog pout.
"Excited?"
You quickly looked over at the person who had moved beside you without you noticing. "Oh... Uh... Y-yeah." When they kept looking at you expectedly, a shy smile formed on your face. "Nervous too. Don't really like this kind of thing."
They burst out laughing and nodded. "Don't worry. It really isn't that bad."
After an hour, you decided it really was that bad. Everything ached. Your back, your legs, your feet. To make matters worse, the once smooth trail became rocky and narrow as it inclined up the mountain.
You stepped off to the side of the trail, coming to a stop. You found the water bottle on the side of your pack and retrieved it. The water wasn't completely cold but it was still refreshing as you took a drink of it. Closing your eyes, you shook each of your legs in an attempt to ease the pain in them.
"You okay?"
Jumping a little, you quickly opened your eyes. The rest of the group had moved further up the trail, but Jongup was standing beside you with a concerned look on his face.
"Uh... yeah. I just.."
Suddenly he knelt down and you inhaled sharply. He started to gently massage your legs, doing a much better job on making them feel better than what you were doing. Then he looked up to smile at you, causing your face to heat up.
"It's not much farther." he assured you. He stood up and took your water bottle from you before stuffing it back in to your pack's side pocket. Then he took your hand.
Your mouth dropped open and your eyes widened. Without another word, he tugged you forward as he started walking. You stumbled after him for a bit until you caught your footing. Then the two of you were walking side by side.
"Wait until you see the campsite." Jongup stated. "It's in the perfect spot, and there's a spot just through the trees where you can see the sunrise."
Tearing your gaze away from your intertwined hands, you raised your eyebrows at him. "Sunrise? Since when do you get up that early?"
A pink tinge formed on his face as he chuckled. "Yeah. Last time we were here, I fell back asleep while watching the sun rise."
Laughing, you shook your head. You could easily picture that. His eyelids drooping close, his lips slightly parted. The soft glow of the morning light illuminating his skin. How handsome he would look.
It was at that moment you realized you were daydreaming and you quickly forced the images from your mind.
"Everyone has their own designated spot already," the man continued, oblivious to the fact that you hadn't been paying attention. "But there should be enough space by me for your tent."
By him? Your heart fluttered in your chest, yet you pushed the growing feeling inside you down. Not once in the entire time you had known him did he show any interest in you. He was just a friend. Strictly platonic. Except... he was still holding your hand.
Blushing, you went to pull your hand away, only to have him tighten his grip. Shocked by his behavior, you didn't notice the large rock jutting up in the path. You tripped over it but didn't fall as Jongup quickly caught you.
"Whoa, careful! You okay?"
You righted yourself while also mentally smacking yourself. "Uh... yeah. Thanks."
Another smile formed on his face, making you go weak in the knees. "Come on. And watch where you're going." he teased.
With a hold of your hand still, he started walking again. You had no choice but to let him lead you while you stared at the ground the entire time. Not only to watch where you were going, but to hide how much you were blushing. If he knew how you felt about him, would he still want to hold your hand? Or would he be considerate and keep his distance so you wouldn't get the wrong idea?
Suddenly you hand was released and you jerked your head up. Just a little ways up the path, you could see the rest of the group through the trees.
"This is it!" Jongup excitedly proclaimed, practically bouncing as he hurried ahead of you.
You stopped and let out a sigh. Finally. Turning to look behind you, you examined the path you had walked but none of it was recognizable. You were so focused on Jongup holding your hand, you didn't realize how far you had hiked since you had stopped for a drink.
"Come on!"
Turning back, you saw Jongup waiting for you. Taking a deep breath, you forced your aching feet to move. He stayed where he was until you closed the distance, then he walked beside you in to the camp. It was a large clearing and as Jongup had said, everyone was setting up their tents in various places.
As Jongup went over to a free spot, you hesitated before following after him. You sat your bag down on the dirt, claiming the place next to him. You watched him get his tent out and then grabbed your own tent. Hopefully it wouldn't be too hard to set it up. The last thing you needed was to embarrass yourself even further in front of Jongup.
Just as you set about unrolling it, you found yourself with a helper.
Jongup smiled brightly at you. "I'll help you set up your tent, then you can help me with mine."
Willing yourself not to blush, you nodded your head and looked away from him. "Okay."