Jungkook

Request Away

Fluff and a ton of comedy

Word Count: 1463

_____________________

Sandy stand staring at the building. Everybody goes around her with phones by their ears and their name tags to show. Her eyes draw down into slits while she holds her bag close to her body. Even the color of blue irks her now. Huffing, she walks up the stone stairs and through the doors as the guard merely nods his head at her in recognition. Of course, he would know her, this is her second time coming this week. You aren’t supposed to come down to the police station that often, but here she is coming in at least ten times a month.

Making her way to the right station, her eyes scan the countless amounts of paperwork and police officers until she scouts a brown-haired teenager, her bother, in his school uniform. She scowls. Although it almost softens a second once she knew which officer took his case. But no- it goes back to a scowl that even the president would be afraid of. It seems like the kid felt the anger rushing out of her body because he turns around in his seat and his eyes immediately widen before turning back around in fear. Yes, he should be afraid. She’s missing the rest of her hours at the hospital. The head nurse didn’t even question her when she slammed the phone down and packed up her bags.

All the police officers, including some of the people that doesn’t have a badge, all watch as she stomps over to the desk where the kid is. They don’t dare to question nor reprimand her disruption in their once in a lifetime quiet atmosphere. She practically owns this place- well not own, who has the money for that, but rule. Everyone knew her, and the teenager as well. The officer also looks up in surprise at her seething aura. In all of the times he has interacted with her, which wasn’t a lot, he has never seen her this angry. He almost felt sorry for the young boy in front of him. Coughing, he gestures to the other empty seat in front of him, “Please, sit Sandy.”

Sandy slowly sits down beside the young man while glaring at him. Once he feels how she feels about this situation, she faces the officer with a tired look. “What did he do now?”

Jeon Jungkook, blinks at the change in expression. He gulps and checks his computer, “he tried to set a building on fire.”

falls open. What the f- her head whips to Jisung in shock. Meanwhile, he sinks lower into his seat and faces away from her. She looks at Jungkook, “a-arson?”- she turns back to Jisung- “arSON?”- her expression twists into disbelief. “Out of every crime, every crime, you chose ARSON? NOT EVEN VANDALISM OR I DON’T KNOW MAYBE SHOP-LIFTING? WHY DIDN’T YOU GET INTO ANOTHER FIGHT INSTEAD?”

You would not expect this in a precinct. Or anywhere for that matter.

Jisung opens his mouth to reply when suddenly Sandy grabs his hair and pulls on it with a locked jaw. “WHY WOULD YOU EVEN SET A BULDING ON FIRE? WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU? AND YOU DIDN’T EVEN SUCCEED!”

“AH! 누나THAT HURTS! WE’RE IN A POLICE OFFICE YOU COULD GO TO JAIL FOR ASSULTING A MINOR!”

She paused.

"ASSULT? I’LL SHOW YOU ASSU-”

"Can we calm do-"

"DID YOU THINK I WANTED TO COME HERE? YOU ARE SO LUCKY MOM AND DAD ISN'T ON THIS PLANET TO DEAL WITH YOUR A-" 

"2! DO SOMETHING! SHE'S RIPPING OFF MY SCALP!" 

"Sandy-" 

"PERFECT! MAYBE I CAN SEND YOU TO A TEMPLE TO CONVERT YOU INTO A MONK!" 

"!누나!" 

Before things could escalate more, Jungkook breaks the two apart with his arms. It is difficult considering the death grip she has on Jisung. “Everybody, let's calm down.”

Once he finally separates the two by moving Jisung’s seat next to his, he stares at the 20-year old in front of him in amusement. Her arms across her chest as she stays her gaze on her brother. He goes back to the computer with a small smile. “He tried to commit arson with a match and bottle of alcohol to a building currently being taken down, so nobody was in there or around, thankfully. Since he’s a minor and didn’t cause any property damage, he is let off with a $250 bill.”

opens again and her eyebrows shoots up in shock. “$2-$250?”

The officer nods.

Regaining her composure, she nods while tucking in her lips. She silently takes out a checkbook from her bag and lifts her head with furrowed eyebrows, downcast eyes, and bottom lip out. Defeat yells throughout her face. “How about community service? Maybe even do time in juvie.”

Jisung gapes at his sister. Beside him, Jungkook, hesitates. It was always her eyes that he falls for. He always falls for her. Seeing that face, he almost considers changing the punishment. Yet, law is law. With a nervous smile, he shakes his head. “Maybe, if he succeeded.” Now, Jisung is gaping at him.

Sandy nods her head in disappointment. Taking a pen from the cup of pens on the desk, she writes on the check and holds it out to the officer. He tries to take it from her but she holds on with purse lips. No way is that $250 check is going away with a fight. Actually, she doesn’t even know she’s creating a fight until she hears Jungkook chuckle. “You know you have to let go right?”

She blinks at him under her eyelashes. If it weren’t Jeon Jungkook that’s handing this case, she would grow hell upon the whole police station. Reluctantly, she lets go glancing away. An invisible tear cascades from her eye. Wiping it away for dramatic effect, her brother watches her and rolls his eyes. Leave it to his sister to make everything into a drama.

Jungkook files the check and peers are Jisung, “you’re free to go.”

“He shouldn’t be.” Muttering under her breath, Sandy gets up the same time as the other two. Displeasure replaces the expression she had on. Until her gaze directs towards Jisung, “you better go to school tomorrow.”

He stays silent which indicates his response. Shifting between the two, and before another fight breaks out, Jungkook nods at the door to Jisung. However, Jisung narrows his eyes in suspicion as a smirk grows on his face. Rolling his eyes once more, he strolls out of the station to escape the claws of his sister and potentially become a wingman. He hopes what Jungkook would say to her can erase her future head pulling.

Sandy stares at her shoes with a glare. Jungkook examines the woman. Affection oozes from his eyes that a blind man could detect.

“Sandy.”

The narrative she was creating in her head about the possible ways to murder Jisung suddenly flies away at the soft call of her name. She raises her head in which Jungkook finds it the most adorable thing ever. “Take it easy on him. He’s just rebelling. It will phase out.”

She scoffs. “Take it easy on him? More like he should take it easy on me. Do you know how many grey hairs I found this morning? Five. FIVE!”

Sandy shows him five fingers to emphasize. It all goes down when Jungkook suddenly grabs it and envelopes his own fingers between her own. Too flabbergast to do anything, Sandy could only move her eyes from their hands to his amused expression as if she’s watching a ping-pong tournament. It seems like he’s always amused whenever he’s with her. It’s now or never.

“Go on a date with me.” Well that was unexpected.

“W-What?” He repeats it again, his smile growing but his eyes heighten in nervousness.

She blinks.

He stares.

Her heartbeat speeds up.

His throat dries out.

She blinks again.

He's close to a heart attack.

“Sure, but I don’t think it would be appropriate to ask that here.” Sandy nods to the right. His eyes widen and looks around. Sure enough, all his fellow co-workers were watching their whole situation. They both part from each other in a quick second. Jungkook scratches the back of his neck in embarrassment meanwhile Sandy sniffs in equal. “I think I better go now, Jisung’s waiting.”

“Huh? O-Oh yes.” He gulps in awkwardness. “I’ll walk you out.”

As if that wouldn’t create more embarrassment for Jungkook , he hurries to her out of the police station and out of the raised eyebrows of his seniors. He is definitely in for a good amount of teasing. Nevertheless, he’ll do it again.

____________
누나1: Nuna

2 : Hyeong