A Soul Called Home

Stay With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Notes: italics means flashback

Enjoy the reading!

----

 

“I’ll continue the mockup at home,” a young ponytailed girl said as she put all the mockup pieces into a box.

 

“Okay, you’ve worked hard this week, Yena! Good luck with the meeting on Sunday!”

 

“Thank you, boss! I’ll keep you updated!”

 

Yena then closed the box and scanned through her desk once again, making sure she didn’t leave any pieces there. Once she was sure, she picked up the box and left the small office, saying bye here and there to her co-workers.

 

When she arrived at her car, she put the box carefully on the passenger seat and threw herself on the driver seat. There was a loud sigh coming out of as ache creeps throughout her body. She really needed to sleep and take some rest after being in the office for two days straight with barely any sleep the night before.

 

But then, her eyes lit up, remembering what awaited for her.

 

Because at least, she could finally go home to her favorite pair of arms.

 

----

 

There was a sound of the television when Yena opened the door to their apartment, followed by a crisp laughter, echoing through the darkness of the hallway. A smile bloomed on her face as the voice bursted into her ears. Her girlfriend truly had too much effect on her.

 

Her tired body just wanted to go to the bathroom, take a shower, and then sleep, but her mind chose to turn to the living room anyway, and a sight of a girl laughing at whatever tv show she was watching greeted her.

 

And she couldn't help but to just put the box she had brought randomly on the floor, walk silently towards the sofa and hug the younger girl from behind.

 

"I miss you," Yena whispered before leaving a quick peck on her girlfriend's cheek and then burying her head in the latter's neck, letting the soft strawberry scent fill her senses.

 

“I miss you too, baby.”

 

Yena then moved to sit on the sofa, rested her head on the smaller girl’s shoulder before finally closing her eyes. And once she did that, it’s like all the tiredness she felt before melted away, replaced by a warm happiness.

 

“Rough day?”

 

The older silently nodded. “I barely slept last night and I still have a mockup I need to work on.”

 

“Go sleep then.” A warm hand ran through Yena’s hair, making her to snuggle even closer. “You look really tired.”

 

Yena just shook her head, she liked being like this; being so close to her girlfriend that her surroundings seemed to fade away. “I want to spend more time with you,” she said, “How was your day?”

 

“No inspiration at all so I just watched this series since morning,” the younger answered, pointing at the television, “But, I’ll have a recording on Sunday.”

 

“Which singer?”

 

“Everglow.”

 

Hearing the familiar artist, Yena’s eyes widened. She lifted her head from the shoulder and turned her body, hands now holding the other’s face, eyes looking deeply into the clear brown eyes. “Yuri... I’m so proud of you, you know?” she said, “They’re like, pretty famous, aren’t they?”

 

Warms spread across Yuri’s cheeks, making them red. Even after almost a decade of being together, Yena’s small acts still always made her blush. She nodded her head slowly, “They are.”

 

“Gosh," Yena let go of her hands from Yuri and threw her head on to the back of the sofa, "I’m really proud of you right now.”

 

Yena knew more than anyone how hard Yuri had worked these past few years and how many songs she had composed. A lot of singers had bought her songs of course, but most of them were either new or not really popular, so she could imagine how much this recording meant to Yuri.

 

“Let’s celebrate it on Sunday night, shall we?” Yena asked.

 

“Sure.”

 

It’s now Yuri who had her head on the other’s chest while Yena moved her hand to wrap around the shorter’s body, leaving some pecks on brown hair. The two stayed that way for the rest of the night (at least until Yena realized her body ached and that she still had work to finish the next day) without any sound coming out from either of them, just the sound of the television filling the almost lightless room. 

 

----

 

When Yena woke up on Sunday morning, it was to the smell of bacon and eggs, and maybe some buttered toast.

 

“Good morning,” Yena said and then gave a kiss on Yuri’s cheek.

 

“Morning baby,” Yuri replied, “Go sit while I finish cooking this.” Yena just followed so and took a seat in one of the chairs, she was too tired to annoy Yuri like she usually does. 

 

It wasn’t long until a couple of plates with bacon, egg, and toast arrived on the dining table and Yena didn't wait for a split second to eat it. Her stomach was rumbling already.

 

Yuri giggled at the sight. "Slow down, will you?"

 

Yena just moved her head up and down, not actually slowing down. It was a simple breakfast, really, since the two weren't very good at cooking (they o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter