How do I know?

How do I know?

How do I know?

 

“Yah, yah, yah!” Jackson suddenly called their attention. “I have an idea.”

 

Half of GOT7’s hyung line, Jaebeom and Jinyoung, regarded him lightly- skeptical if Jackson ever suggested a good idea to them. The three of them were out for a few drinks while Mark took on the challenge of playing computer games against the maknae line.

 

“What?” Jaebeom asked curtly as Jinyoung just scratched the back of his ear, not sure if he wanted to hear it. “Also, did you just call us ‘Yah’?”

 

Jackson ignored his question, making a face at him. “Let’s hangout with our other friends. You know..”

 

Jaebeom raised his eyebrows at him before narrowing his eyes, downing his shot. This was not good.

 

“Red Velvet.”

 

Jaebeom coughed on his drink.

 

“Psh.” Jinyoung shook his head at the two.

 

“What? I want to hang out with our friends.” He leaned towards Jaebeom. “You want to see your friend too, right, Hyung?” Jackson wiggled his eyebrows, Jaebeom turned to look at Jinyoung for help only to receive his knowing smile as well.

 

“What?” Jaebeom fake a cough before pouring himself another drink. He peeked at the two who were still waiting for his reply. He refused to talk, just raising his brows at them.

 

Jinyoung shrugged his shoulders. Jackson shook his head, not letting it go. “So what’s the real score, hyung?” Jackson gestured for Jinyoung to help him.

 

Jinyoung sighed, he did want to know too. “Yeah, you two have been hanging out a lot. Seulgi-ssi.”

 

Jaebeom massaged his temples as their questions came. “Cuz we’re friends?” He tried that reply only to get disbelieving looks from the other two. “We’re same age friends.” He added.

 

Jackson was about to exclaim, “Excuse me-”

 

“Fast born.” He dismissed Jackson’s protest.

 

Jackson narrowed his eyes at him, letting the age issue go but not his love life issue. “And?”

 

“We’re comfortable with each other.” He looked at the other two, still waiting for him to elaborate. “We’re… we’re okay.”

 

“What exactly does ‘okay’ mean, hyung?” Jinyoung leaned his head on his hand.

 

Just then, Jaebeom’s phone suddenly rings in the middle of their interrogation and all their eyes immediately darted on his phone to see his screen light up and her name appear on it before he can do anything. Seul, it showed.

 

The two fake coughed and scratched their heads, pretending they didn’t see. Jaebeom just rolled his eyes at their acting before he grabbed his phone and excused himself.

 

“Beommm.” Kang Seulgi’s voice was heard from the other end.

 

“Hn.” Jaebeom hummed a reply. He misses her already. “What’s up.”

 

“Hmmm… Tomorrow’s your day off too, right?”

 

It was. He matched her day off but he wouldn’t tell her that. “Yeah. Why are you gonna ask me out, Seul? Keke”

 

“Yeah. Hangout with me?”

 

Jaebeom felt himself smile but tried to tone down his excitement. “What time do I have to wake up?”

 

“Oh wait, you’re out drinking tonight. Did I bother you guys? Keke should we take a rain check…”

 

“No.” He was quick to stop her from cancelling.

 

“No?”

 

“You're not a bother. And no to the rain check, I’m not drinking much anyway.” He put a hand on the back of his neck, checking on his other two members and saw they were discussing among themselves and didn’t try to snoop on him. “So, what time?”

 

“What time do you wake up lately, then?”

 

“Hn. Sometime in the afternoon.”

 

“That’ll do. I’ll text you. Or call.”

 

“Call me. Wait, is this real? I don’t want to get my hopes up, KkangSeul-ssi.”

 

“Yah, when have I ever backed out of our…” date. She paused and he smiled to himself. “... our hangout.”

 

“I’m kidding.” He laughed to himself. “Okay, it’s a date tomorrow then.”

 

“I didn’t say it was a date!”

 

“Yeah, you didn’t. I did.”

 

He laughed quietly when she became silent on the other end before muttering, “Whatever, Jaebeom.”

 

“Heh. Can’t wait to see you. Wake me up tomorrow.”

 

“Yeah, yeah. See you, Beom-ah!”

 

Jaebeom came back to his seat, still trying to tone down the big smile she caused with just a call. He cleared his throat, trying to act nonchalant as he sat. The two just looked at him, suspicious.

 

“What.” His eyes darted between the two.

 

“Does she know?”

 

“That you like her?”

 

Jaebeom grabbed his cup and poured down some soju before he nodded and downed a shot. “She knows. I told her from the start.”

 

The other two dropped their jaws in disbelief.

 

--

 

Seulgi put down her phone, pursing her lips to keep herself from smiling when Wendy landed beside her on the couch. “Yah, what exactly is the status between the two of you?” Wendy snatched Seulgi’s phone. “And why is he the wallpaper on your phone?”

 

Seulgi grabbed her phone back. “I will change it before we see each other tomorrow!”

 

Wendy rolled her eyes at her helpless friend. “Tone down your gushing, Seul.”

 

“I am!”

 

“So, what’s the status?”

 

“Hmmm we get along well…” Seulgi looked away and scratched the top of her head, hugging a pillow close. “Well I’m not really sure myself, what I know is that we are comfortably close.”

 

“Comfortably close?” Wendy tried not to laugh. “Don’t you want to label it? He obviously likes you more than a friend.”

 

“I do want to.” Seulgi sighed, lowering her face on the pillow.

 

“He’s admitted it too right? That he likes you? Before you even became close.”

 

“Yes. But... How do I know? Really know, that this is it? How do I know?”

 

“You’ll feel it.”

 

Wendy pressed on Seulgi’s phone again. “Plus, there’s your answer.”

 

“Seungwan!”

 

“What? Here I am wondering how you’re not sure yet you already put him as your wallpaper? Kang Seulgi, really.”

 

“It’s cuz he looks like a cute kitten here...”

 

It was a picture he sent her of him lying down on his bed ready to sleep. She couldn’t sleep well the few nights after without looking at that photo that she decided to just put it on her lockscreen.

 

---

 

“Beom. Beom!”

 

Jaebeom groaned in his bed as he squinted his eyes and saw Seulgi’s cute face appear above him, with her fluffy cheeks.

 

“Rise and shine, sleepy!” She smiled brightly down at him. She offered herself in his place. Of course he let her know how to get in.

 

He let a few seconds pass to process what’s happening before he covered his face with his hand as he let out a sleepy laugh. "What's this?" Rubbing his eyes, he checked the clock. It was just one in the afternoon. He mumbled as he lied back down, “I think it’s too early, Seul?”

 

Seulgi huffed on his bed beside him, landing beside his body. “I know but I was hungry..”

 

“...”

 

“I bought you food also.”

 

Jaebeom had his eyes closed again. “...”

 

“Let’s eat. Beom.” Her sweet tone laced with aegyo had him sighing as he forced himself awake.

 

“Ok… pull me up.” He reached out his arm to her, Seulgi happily stood up and pulled it. Of course, she got pulled down to him instead.

 

Seulgi almost rolled her eyes at his antiques. She stared at his beautiful face instead. She wasn’t about to complain about this position. She pursed her lips as she admired his face, his eyes still closed. Her eyes tracing his twin moles, his perfect nose and his lips.

 

Jaebeom wondered why she suddenly got quiet so he opened his eyes and caught her staring. He smiled, “Good Morning.”

 

His raspy voice did things to Seulgi’s heart. She shook her head and brought up a hand to squish his face. “It’s afternoon already.” She noted but didn’t make a move to get up from above him.

 

Jaebeom’s hand was resting on her backside comfortably, lightly tapping. Seulgi stared at her fingers against his chest then back at his face. He was looking warmly at her and it made her blush.

 

Then a stomach grumbled, ruining the moment. Hers.

 

Jaebeom let out a laugh as he pushed himself up. “Let’s eat then.”

 

Seulgi was surprised she landed between his legs when he sat up. Jaebeom stretched his arms behind her.

 

His skin that peeked when he lifted his arms and Seulgi can't stop herself from glancing at it when his head thumped against her shoulder, making her shoulders jump in guilt. “What’s the food?” He slung one of his arms landing on top of her legs.

 

Seulgi gulped and tried to calm her heart.

 

“Hm?” Jaebeomed peeked cutely at her side with his sleepy smile.

 

It made Seulgi smile as well. She blocked his face with her palm and made a move to get up. “Check it yourself. I’m hungry.”

 

Jaebeom scoffed sleepily and put his hands on her as he helped her up from the nest of his legs. “Alright. I’ll just wash up and follow you.”

 

“Hurry!”

 

---

“Taste this one.” Seulgi said with full as she reached out her chopsticks with food towards him.

 

Jabeom took a bite even if his own mouth was full too. “Hmm,” He nodded in approval, chewing. “So what’s our activity today? Where are we going?”

 

“Hm? Oh yeah, I brought our activity here.” She pointed at the art materials she brought.

 

Jaebeom eyebrows shot up and he looked back at Seulgi who wore a proud smile. “I’m teaching you how to paint today.”

 

Jaebeom broke into a smile. “Really?”

 

Seulgi calmed her heart that went haywire because of that smile. She looked down on her bowl to compose herself back. “In one condition.”

 

“What?”

 

“I want to see how you make songs in your studio. Teach me about it too.”

 

Jaebeom chewed on his food and nodded. “Okay. Deal.”

 

“What are we doing first?”

 

“How about we think of a melody while we paint?”

 

Seulgi smiled excitedly and clapped her hands, “Yay, art day!”

 

Jaebeom grinned back and they happily finished up their food.

 

 

 

 

-

 

Seulgi went straight to his camera and LP collection after they finished washing the dishes. She played the one already on the turntable, nodding her head to the beat.

 

He came up behind her and reached for one of his cameras, taking a few shots of her dancing around his place.

 

“So I can have it developed already.” He told her and it only made her laugh at his lame excuse.

 

“Alright let’s start already.” Seulgi said when the next song played and she stopped on her tracks. It made her smile, “I know this song.”

 

Jaebeom smiled also but made a face pretending to be confused. It was the song that they were singing when they sat beside each other at an awards show in their rookie year.

 

 

 

 

“You don’t remember?” Seulgi placed her hands on her hips.

 

Jaebeom laughed out loud at her accusation. How could he forget it? He only remembered her when he always hears this song. “I’m kidding, it’s the first time I had a crush on you.”

 

It made Seulgi laugh as well. “Psh.” She danced along to the song and Jaebeom sang the lyrics.

 

Can I call you my own, and can I call you my lover

Call you my one and only girl

Can I call you my everything, call you my baby

 

You're the only one who runs my world,” He grabbed her face and it made her giggle up at him. Jaebeom can feel his heart thumping loud. He bit his lip and let her go. “Fine let’s start. Teach me, art master.”

 

Seulgi looked at him smiling as they sat down but she still kept on singing when the chorus came along again. She notably changed the lyrics.

 

“Can call you my own, and can I call you my lover. Call me your one and only girl..” She sang taking glances at him

 

Jaebeom looked back at her, raising his brows and holding down his giddy smile.

 

“What?” Seulgi just laughed, a tease.

 

Jaebeom’s eyebrows rose higher before he broke into a smile and shook his head. “Nothing.”

 

They proceeded to sing together as they set up the materials.

 

Can I call you my everything, call you my baby

You're the only one who runs my world

 

--

 

Jaebeom looked at his canvas, he painted the color gradient background and Seulgi assisted him in drawing a silhouette. He smiled feeling proud of his art.

 

He looked outside and saw it was dark already. They enjoyed painting with his music playing in the background too much.

 

Jaebeom glanced at Seulgi who was serious and focused on her own painting but had paint on her face, it was from when they played around during breaktime. It looked extra funny because of her face of concentration.

 

Seulgi looked up at his sudden outburst. She rolled her eyes and also ended up laughing at his face with her palm mark of paint. Then they both laughed together.

 

Seulgi lied down on his carpet and peeked at his work. “Good job, student.”

 

“Thank you, teacher. What’s my prize?”

 

Seulgi yawned through her laughter. “Later.”

 

Jaebeom smiled and noticed she was sleepy already. “Why don’t we call it a day?” At Seulgi’s visible pout, he added, “It’ll be our next date agenda, okay?”

 

“Fine.” Seulgi sulked on the floor.

 

“I’ll show you my studio for now.”

 

“Really?” Seulgi lifted her head excitedly.

 

“Yeah, let’s key in the melody we thought of earlier.”

 

Seulgi clasped her hands and reached out her arms to him, he pulled her up. “Song creation sneak peek!” she said and she liked the sound of his laughter that followed.

 

--

 

Jaebeom’s fingers gracefully played the melody they hummed earlier. Seulgi smiled as she watched him concentrate and the melody rang from the speakers. He looked so handsome focusing on his work.

 

He turned to look at her and she looked away, embarrassed to be caught gawking at him. She can hear the smile through his voice when he spoke, “We’ll continue it next time.”

 

Seulgi nodded and put her head on top of her crossed arms over the table. She turned to him before she closed her eyes and yawned. “Play me something.”

 

Jaebeom softly played “Reflection of you in your smile”, singing along. Seulgi opened her eyes and smiled, humming along. She felt her eyes water when he finished, “It’s beautiful.”

 

Jaebeom proceeded to copy her position and laid his head beside her, their fingers slightly touching.

 

Seulgi felt her heart thump as they stared at each other for a good while.

 

How do I know?

 

“What are we, Jaebeom?” Her voice in a bare whisper.

 

Jaebeom just smiled and lifted his head from his previous position. He rolled his chair closer to her.

 

“You know I like you, right?”

 

Seulgi pursed her lips and nodded.

 

Jaebeom leaned closer, planting a soft kiss on her lips. Seulgi closed her eyes as she felt his lips coax hers.

 

Her eyes fluttered open as she sat back up, her eyes watering because of her overwhelmed feelings.

 

How do I know? You’ll feel it.

 

And she did.

 

She felt his head thump on her shoulder again like earlier. Her heart thumped louder than it had. She caught her breath.

 

“Please be my girlfriend then? Kang Seulgi.”

 

Jaebeom held his breath, biting his lip as he waited for her.

 

Seulgi felt her eyes warm up as she brought her hand to caress the back of his neck. Her fingers brushing the ends of his hair.

 

“Okay.” She bit her lip. “Deal.”

 

She can feel Jaebeom smile against her neck. Felt him plant a kiss there before pulling her against him.

 

“Thank you.” He hugged her tight. “For being here. For spending time with me. For being you. For coming into this world and into my world. And now, for letting me in your world also.”

 

Seulgi brought her hands up to hug him back. “Thank you for waiting for me, Beom-ah.”

 

He shook his head and brought up a hand at the back of her head, securing her against him.

 

“You are and will always be, worth every second. Seul.”

 

How do I know?

 

You'll just feel it.

 

And they did.

 

-

-

-

-

-

 

“Heh.”

 

“What?”

 

“This must be my prize earlier for being a good student. If so, I’d like more art class.”

 

Laugh.

 

"The prize would have to be next level, right?“

 

Blush.

 

-

-

-

-

-

 

“Seul, someone texted! Wait, is that my face on your phone-”

 

“Ah! I forgot to change it back! Give it!”

 

“Ey, there’s no need to hide it anymore, Seul.”

 

“...”

 

“Besides, I also have you on my phone. See.”

 

“I know. But why that pic?”

 

“What? Cuz you’re my baby.”

 

Blush.

 

“Are you shy?”

 

Nod.

 

“C’mere, baby.”

 

Hug. Mumbles.

 

Laughs. “What?”

 

“I love you, Beom-ah.”

 

Smile. “Me too, love.”

 

-

-

-

-

-


 

 

AN: Tell me your thoughts! Comment and make me smile juseyo~