Fin

Cotton Candy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the far far away country, far away from Goryeo and Nippon, there was a country where the inhabitants resembled human lifestyle and appearances except their furry ears that stood out and their acceptance of same- marriage. There was a couple, who just got married and this is their cute, lovely story.


 

The husband’s name is Miyawaki Sakura and her shy wife is Kwon Eunbi. Sakura works as a novelist and some of her works had been adapted into various theatre plays. Eunbi, on the other hand, is a housewife caring for her husband and their household. 


 

Their marriage is an arranged marriage, but it was Sakura who proposed to Eunbi. Eunbi took a week to think and finally accepted Sakura’s proposal. They have been married for six months now and their couple is finally warming up to each other.

 

“Sakura-san, it’s getting colder outside. You need to wear outer coats, kimono is not enough,” Eunbi gives a thicker coat for Sakura to adorn to keep her warm.

 

“I won’t be long, I’m going to buy something,” Sakura wears the outer jacket, grateful her wife is attentive and leave their house to go to a market nearby.

 

Despite Sakura is a woman, however, she’s wearing a black kimono, with her family’s crest of cats in kimono stitched into her juban kimono. The Miyawaki family is the landlord in a city of Eikyo with the sizeable land area that mostly converted for agriculture. 

 

“Miyawaki-sama, how are you,” a trade merchant greets Sakura warmly and Sakura replied with a nod and a warm smile.

 

“I’m good, how bout you? How’s trade today?” Sakura asked glancing at the market, taking a mental note of the whole scenery, savouring the smell that came from the various food stalls in the are.

 

“Business is good, thank you Miyawaki-sama. The harvest this year is bountiful and with the tax lowered, there will be more trades and its all thanks to you, Miyawaki-sama,” the middle-aged trader exclaimed with excitement and bowed deeply to Sakura.

 

“No, no, its all thanks to everyone who works hard. I know the flood last year destroyed our crops badly but this year, the Kami-sama (God) heard and accepted our prayer.” 

 

The trader continues to talk however Sakura already waved him goodbye and rushed to her destination. Along the way, many merchants, traders and visitors alike greeted Sakura however Sakura’s eyes focusing on a specific stall at the end of the market.

 

The stall was surrounded by a lot of people wanting to buy the famous candy. The candy is really soft like cotton and will melt in the mouth as soon as you eat it. And that’s how the candy got its name; cotton candy. The candy trader is using a big, spinning cauldron that spun the sugar confection. Even now, Sakura is amazed at how the candy was made but Sakura came to buy and not to admire from the sidelines.

 

“Excuse me, do you have my order?” Sakura asked but her soft voice is drowned by the crowd who’s now having sugar rush from the candy.

 

Sakura tries to step closer but she was pushed to the side and almost lost her footing. Lucky the candy trader saw her and asked her assistant to help Sakura.

 

“We’re sorry, Miyawaki-sama. Your order will be made soon,” the assistant led her to the front, closer to the spinning cauldron and Sakura feels a bit dizzy afterwards. She turns her gaze to the crowd who didn’t aware of her presence. She loves to watch the crowd, she can spot some eager small hands, with their parents can’t contain their excitement to buy the candy. She cant stop wondering when she can bring her own child with Eunbi side by side buying cotton candy and maybe spend some time at the lake nearby.

 

“Here, Miyawaki-sama, your order is here. Thank you for your purchase,” the assistant bowed after taking money from Sakura.

 

Sakura conveyed her thanks and walks faster to go back home. She can feel it’s going to rain soon. Her cat ears cant stop tinkling and she cursed her bad luck just right after she bought the cotton candy.


 

***


 

Eunbi is worried Sakura is still not back from the market. She’s rushing to get her laundry after the thunder roared. 

 

‘Ah, Sakura-san didn’t bring an umbrella.’ 

 

Eunbi cant stop worrying about her husband. She’s wondering what Sakura will buy from the market since Eunbi already bought grocery yesterday.

 

The thunder roars again followed by heavy rain. Eunbi takes two umbrellas and hurriedly walks out to find Sakura at the market. Eunbi spotted black kimono with the orange cat ears stood out  at the ramyun shop, trying to stay dry from the rain.

 

Eunbi increased her walking speed, and her white hanbok swished with each step. Before she can call Sakura, Sakura already runs to her without realizing her cotton candy melt with the rain.

 

“Sakura-san, you’re wet.” Eunbi said innocently without realizing Sakura’s cat ears move forward and blush appears on her rosy cheeks.

 

Sakura ignored the remark and catches Eunbi’s waist, moving her closer and takes Eunbi’s umbrella into her left hand.

 

“You’re going to be sick Eunbi,” Sakura said while gripping Eunbi’s waist tightly with her right side.

 

“Your left shoulder is going to be drenched,” Eunbi muttered after realizing the umbrella tilted more into her side, protecting her from the heavy rainfall. 

 

Sakura again, ignoring Eunbi, just walking with her right hand still secured on Eunbi’s waist. She can feel the warmth emanating inside her, and she fully knows it should be opposite as the rain non-stop hitting their umbrella. She glanced at Eunbi and a sudden realization just hit her that she can see Eunbi’s innerwear as her hanbok is drenched with the rain. She feels slightly furious if anyone sees her wife innerwear and she scrambled to give her outer jacket to cover Eunbi’s milky shoulders and the innerwear as well.

 

“Ah, we’re home, Sakura-san,” Eunbi said pushing the oak door and suddenly her eyes wide recognized that she has the spare umbrella in her right hand.

 

“I’m sorry Sakura-san, I’m too occupied,” Eunbi assumed Sakura will be mad at her after her left side is completely drenched but Sakura is more interested in what she’s saying.

 

“Too occupied?”

 

“Ahh, occupied? Yes, I’m too occupied,” a thunder roared drowning Eunbi’s next statement,

 

“With you,” but Sakura didn’t catch the last statement but she noticed Eunbi’s rabbit ears fully ear up facing her.

 

Suddenly Eunbi walks passing her and muttered she’s going to ready bath for Sakura.

 

***

 

Eunbi knew she’s almost slipped her tongue to Sakura but she’s a bit frustrated now. They’ve been married for almost half a year but they never progressed far from holding hands. She’s wondering whether Sakura really wants to marry her in the first place.

 

“Eunbi, take off your hanbok,” Suddenly Sakura appeared in the bathroom startling Eunbi.

 

“Ehhh,” Eunbi blushed furiously and she’s stuttering some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter