Another Time, Another Place (speaker indicated)

Another Time, Another Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin: "Jungkookie, do you think things will be different in the future?" 

Jungkook: "Of course, the whole point of time is for humans to grow and mature, even if just a little bit." 

Jimin: "But... we'll still be the same right? We'll still stay together no matter what comes?"

Jungkook: "Hmm, yea. We'll always be together."

Jimin: "You mean it? Always?"

Jungkook: "Yes."

Jimin: "How can you be so sure?"

Jungkook: "There's not a thing in this world that could pull us apart, Jimin."

* * * *

Jungkook: "Ugh, why does this keep happening?"

Jimin: "What?"

Jungkook: "Nothing Jimin... I'm just talking to myself."

Jimin: "You've been doing that a lot lately. Especially after you wake up."

Jungkook: "Yea... sorry."

Jimin: "Why are you apologizing to me?"

Jungkook: "I don't know."

Jimin: "Maybe you should see a doctor if you're having these headaches daily."

Jungkook: "Headaches?"

Jimin: "You're massaging your temples again Jungkook. I'm assuming its cause you've got another headache?"

Jungkook: "Oh... yea. Yeah um, I'll make an appointment soon."

Jimin: "You better. Remember what happened to Hoseok? I don't think anyone would appreciate a repeat episode. Especially if it were to happen on stage in front of all our fans."

Jungkook: "It won't get to that point. It's just headaches Jimin, don't worry so much."

Jimin: "I can't help it, you don't take care of yourself as much as you should."

* * * *

Jimin: "Hey, Jungkook? Put that book down and listen to me for a second, please? Imagine this. If we were to exist in alternative universes, ones where we didn't grow up together, maybe in a universe where we only met once, do you think we'd still end up together?"

Jungkook: "You know the idea that there are alternative universes out there isn't that impossible. In fact, if time travel ever became a thing, we'd definitely be creating alternate realities."

Jimin: "That's not what I'm asking though silly! I'm asking if you'd still love me, even in these alternate realities. Even if I was nothing like the me that I am now."

Jungkook: "Of course I would."

Jimin: "Wow... I wasn't expecting you to say that."

Jungkook: "And why not? Do you doubt my love for you?"

Jimin: "No of course not! But... well you being the little scientist in the making that you are, I'd assumed you'd be logical and tell me the probability of us being together in every known universe were slim."

Jungkook: "But they aren't because, at the core of it all, we'd be the same people we are now. Maybe we'd act differently, think differently, even look different since we'd probably have different experiences from what we have now; but at the core of it all, we'd still be us. You'd still be Jimin and I'd still be Jungkook. And it doesn't matter what reality we're living in, I would always fall in love with you."

* * * *

Jungkook: "God damn it, not this again."

Jimin: "You just woke up but you have another headache?"

Jungkook: "Yea."

Jimin: "Want me to get you an Aspirin?"

Jungkook: "Could you please?"

Jimin: "Sure, but seriously, you should take my advice and see a doctor. These headaches of yours have become really frequent."

Jungkook: "I'm not sure a doctor could help me."

Jimin: "Why not?"

Jungkook: "Ignore me, I'm just being grouchy."

* * * *

Jimin: "I can't believe you."

Jungkook: "Jimin... I'm really sorry. I know I should have-"

Jimin: "Should have what?! Told me before? Discussed this with me before making such a huge decision on your own? Yea I completely agree! So the real question is why didn't you?"

Jungkook: "I... I don't know. It just... it felt like something I needed to do on my own. To decide on my own."

Jimin: "You could have at least informed me you were thinking of going so far away for so long? Why couldn't you have done that at least? Why did I have to find out like this from Taehyung of all people?! How could you tell my best friend before telling me?!"

Jungkook: "I'm sorry. I really am. I wasn't trying to tell anyone else before you...I-I meant to tell you, I swear I did but... I don't know, it just never felt like the right time."

Jimin: "Jungkook, you're leaving in less than a week! In four days! Four ing days! When were you going to tell me?! The moment you left for the airport?!"

Jungkook: "No, of course not... I just... The timing was just never right."

Jimin: "That's a horrible excuse and you know it.... I just don't get it.... You never hide things from me Jungkook... so why this time? Why didn't you even let me know what you were thinking? Tell me before you applied? Or at least let me know the moment you were accepted? I've never pressed you on anything. If you wanted to go, I wouldn't have stopped you, so why couldn't you tell me?"

Jungkook: "..."

Jimin: "No answer huh? Do I means so little to you that you can't even give me a reason?"

Jungkook: "That's not it and you know it! I love you Jimin, you mean everything to me!"

Jimin: "And yet, you couldn't be bothered to tell me you got offered a once in a lifetime opportunity to study under one of the greatest scientists of our time."

Jungkook: "Jimin-"

Jimin: "Don't... just don't speak. I... I need to be alone for a bit."

* * * *

Jungkook: "Seriously what's going on? Why do I keep imagining this other life with Jimin of all people? Am... am I really going insane?"

Jimin: "Jungkook, have you seen my glasses?"

Jungkook: "..."

Jimin: "Jungkook?"

Jungkook: "..."

Jimin: "Jungkook? Are you ok?"

Jungkook: "Huh... Oh, Jimin! Um sorry, did you ask me something?"

Jimin: "Yea, have you seen my glasses? Also my phone? I wanted to do a V Live but I can't find my phone."

Jungkook: "Um... I think I saw your glasses on the kitchen table. I don't know about your phone though, sorry."

Jimin: "Hmm, thanks. By the way, are you ok?"

Jungkook: "Yea... I'm fine."

Jimin: "You sure? You're rubbing your head again."

Jungkook: "Just another headache."

Jimin: "Have you made an appointment with the doctor yet?"

Jungkook: "No."

Jimin: "Do you need me to make it for you?"

Jungkook: "I don't think a doctor will help."

Jimin: "Why not?"

Jungkook: "Just... it's not exactly headaches that I'm having."

Jimin: "Then what?"

Jungkook: "It's... I... um I don't know how to explain."

Jimin: "Just try your best."

Jungkook: "You'd think I'm crazy if I told you."

Jimin: "Try me."

* * * *

Jin: "He'll come, just wait a few more minutes."

Jungkook: "He won't. He's so mad at me Jin hyung."

Jin: "I won't deny that, but he'll come, Kook."

Jungkook: "But I'm boarding in less than twenty minutes..."

Jin: "Just wait."

Jungkook: "What... what if he doesn't come."

Jin: "Then you board that plane and hope he calls you later."

Jungkook: "Hyung... am I making a mistake?"

Jin: "Do you think you're making a mistake?"

Jungkook: "I... I don't know."

Jin: "Does it feel like a mistake?"

Jungkook: "No... but leaving without seeing Jimin does."

Jin: "Then why didn't you see him before today?"

Jungkook: "He told me he needed to be alone."

Jin: "And? He's said that to you before and you didn't listen."

Jungkook: "Because... it's different this time. It was more serious. Jimin... he looked so sad when he left that day.... What if he doesn't come? Does this mean... are we over?"

Jin: "I don't know Jungkook."

Jungkook: "We can't be over... we promised each other forever."

Jin: "Some promises don't last."

* * * *

Jungkook: "You think I'm crazy, don't you?"

Jimin: "..."

Jungkook: "See you're speechless. I told you, you wouldn't believe me."

Jimin: "It's just... a lot to take in. But... I do believe you."

Jungkook: "Really?"

Jimin: "Yea... and you're not crazy. Trust me, you're not."

Jungkook: "Why do you say that?"

Jimin: "I... I've been having the same thing happen to me."

Jungkook: "Y-you have?"

Jimin: "Yea. But I don't get a headache like you do when they occur."

Jungkook: "Oh... were they... are they the exact same as what I described?"

Jimin: "For the most part, yea."

Jungkook: "There's some differences?"

Jimin: "I think... we're seeing them from our own viewpoints. Like the latest one you mentioned, I never saw that instead, I saw myself hurrying to the airport while feeling conflicted inside."

Jungkook: "So you did meet me at the airport?"

Jimin: "I don't... I don't think so."

Jungkook: "Oh... why not?"

Jimin: "Well... the way mine ended... I was in a car accident."

Jungkook: "Wait, what?!"

Jimin: "Yea... I don't know what happened because I apparently out after it happened."

Jungkook: "..."

Jimin: "Jungkook... do you think there's a reason we're seeing these... alternative lives?"

Jungkook: "I don't know hyung. Maybe... but I don't know why."

* * * *

Jungkook: "Jin hyung... he's still not here... and it's time for me to board..."

Jin: "Yea... you should get in line."

Jungkook: "But..."

Jin: "Kook, you have to go. I know you regret that you didn't get to see him, but this isn't an opportunity you can let slip by. You said so yourself, it's the most important journey you'll probably ever be on."

Jungkook: "I know... but I was hoping... I knew he wouldn't come but I was hoping so hard that he would."

Jin: "I'm sorry Jungkook."

Jungkook: "Yea... me to."

Jin: "You have all your bags?"

Jungkook: "Yea."

Jin: "Remember to call me when you land."

Jungkook: "I will."

Jin: "Well then... this is goodbye for now."

Jungkook: "Goodbye hyung. Tell Jimin... tell him I'll wait for his call."

Jin: "I will now go before they close boarding."

* * * *

Jungkook: "No! Don't get on the plane!"

Hoseok: "Kook? You ok? I thought you were sleeping? Did you have a nightmare?"

Jungkook: "Oh... uh, yea... sorry for starling you Hobi hyung."

Hoseok: "It's fine, but are you sure you're ok? You've been kind of restless lately."

Jungkook: "I'm ok hyung, just worried about our upcoming comeback."

Hoseok: "We're all worried, but we have to remember to take care of ourselves ok?"

Jungkook: "Yes hyung... where's Jimin?"

Hoseok: "I think he went out with Tae earlier."

Jungkook: "Oh... do you know where they went?"

Hoseok: "No, you could call them if you're curious though."

Jungkook: "Yea. I'll do that."

Hoseok: "Ok."

Jungkook: "Hyung?"

Hoseok: "Hmm?"

Jungkook: "If you were having dreams... where you saw yourself in some sort of other life... and you seemed to be in love with someone in them, and then you met them in your current life... what would you do?"

Hoseok: "That's a weird question Kook-ah."

Jungkook: "I know... so what would you do?"

Hoseok: "Well... I suppose I'd get to know the person in this life too. Maybe if I'm seeing them in my dreams it's because I'm meant to be with them."

Jungkook: "Oh...but what if you already knew the person and worked with them? Like, imagine the dreams start after you've already established a good friendship with them? Wouldn't that be weird then?"

Hoseok: "Well going from friends to lovers is always hard but it's not impossible. Maybe the other person feels the same way, you just have to take a chance."

Jungkook: "But to change your relationship with them just because of some dreams? Isn't that too much?"

Hoseok: "Dreams have meaning Kookie. We might not always understand them but if something in your dream somehow translates to your life you should consider the thing no matter what it is."

Jungkook: "..."

Hoseok: "But what's with these strange questions? Have you been dreaming about someone? Is our Kookie developing a crush? Who is it? Is it another idol?"

Jungkook: "No, no! No hyung! I was just asking out of curiosity!"

Hoseok: "Hmm hmm, and I'm not the sunshine of this group."

Jungkook: "Please hyung, I don't have a crush on anyone. I was just reading about this scenario online, so I was wondering is all."

Hoseok: "Ah, I see. Well, that's boring. It would be so much more interesting if you were developing a crush on someone."

Jungkook: "Hyung...."

* * * *

Jungkook: "How are you Tae-hyung?"

Taehyung: "I'm fine, how's America? How's the scientist? Are you having a lot of fun?"

Jungkook: "America's great, I love the food here. Dr. Myori is cool... She knows a lot so it's fun talking to her I suppose. And there's a lot to do here, she's very hands-on with teaching, so I'm always busy with something or another...I'm learning a lot here."

Taehyung: "It sounds like you're enjoying your time there. I'm glad."

Jungkook: "Hmm... so.... How is Jimin?"

Taehyung: "Oh... he's fine."

Jungkook: "Is hyung still mad at me?"

Taehyung: "Um... I don't know."

Jungkook: "He didn't see me off...and now... he hasn't called me."

Taehyung: "I'm sure he will when he can."

Jungkook: "...Is... is Jimin not calling me because he hates me now?"

Taehyung: "No! That's definitely not it! Trust me! He would call you if-"

Jungkook: "..."

Jungkook: "Tae?"

Taehyung: "... he will call you eventually."

Jungkook: "Why'd you cut yourself off? What were you going to say?"

Taehyung: "Nothing important

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter