𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐈𝐃𝐈𝐎𝐒𝐘𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐂

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐈𝐃𝐈𝐎𝐒𝐘𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐂

JIHYO'S POV

“Jihyo-ah Mom and dad are here!”

Jihyo who is in her bedroom upstairs immediately ran downstairs to hug her both parents

“it’s been one week mom, dad. I miss both of you”

 

Her dad lowered his level to talk to her daughter “We miss you too our daughter” he then cup his both hands to Jihyo’s cheeks “Mom bought you your favorite food” his dad showed a plastic bag to her and suddenly Jihyo’s tears fell down because she couldn’t express how much she missed her parents.

 “Why are you crying you should be happy because we are here now” her dad chuckled “Let’s eat this food before it’s get soggy”

 

The three of them are happily eating their dinner, laughter surrounds their four wall house and Jihyo will never forget this moment to her life.

Not until they heard a gun shot sound, her father was shot by a gun and hit on his right chest, blood are dripping down to his white polo and he spit a blood to his mouth.

 Everything went slow mo, her vision became blurry, she saw herself in front of their mirror in the living room her eyes became red and her hands started to show some flare.

She thought that that’s the only thing that will happened that night but she is wrong, she looks outside of their house and the door is starting to get lit. She also saw someone outside from their house, a man who is wearing suit and has a scar on his left side of the lip, but then her eyes shifts to her mother who keeps on screaming for help.

Jihyo closes her hand because her anger could affect the fire that is happening to her hand right now.

 “Mom let’s go we need to go now, let’s leave dad” Jihyo tries to drag her mom out of the house but the fire is fast enough to spread inside of their house.

“Mom I said let’s go now!” Jihyo saw that her mother is catching her breath “Go.. Ji-jihyo my daughter, save you-yourself.” Her mom is lying on the kitchen floor with her husband beside him who is not breathing anymore, her mother finds an air to breathe in but she couldn’t make it she continue even though she felt weaker than before. Jihyo couldn’t hear what her mother says to her but then the last line hit her so hard “You still have a future to make. M-me your daddy, o-our mission here on earth is done” 

And then her mother couldn’t make it anymore.

 

Jihyo breathe out like a dragon where there are so much fire that she let out.

 

sweats are dripping down to Jihyo’s forehead and Chaeyoung noticed it and she wake Jihyo up “Jihyo wake up you are dreaming again” said by her roommate Chaeyoung “Here drink some water first” Chaeyoung handed a glass of water to the older girl and Jihyo gladly accepts it. 

“Is that dream again? The one that you are repeatedley dreaming all over again?” 

Jihyo puts down the glass, without looking at Chaeyoung she answers “Yeah, I miss them Chaeyoung-ah. I miss my father, my mother” she didn’t noticed that her tears are falling down.

The two immediately go back to their respective beds when they heard 2 men voice and an old lady.

“What is her name again?”

“Son Chaeyoung” the old lady says

Jihyo looks at Chaeyoung on the other bed and it looks like the younger girl is scared, Jihyo mouthed “It is okay you will be fine”

The door opens and Jihyo hide under her white blanket, she heard that the two men talks to Chaeyoung.

“Hey Kid. So you are Chaeyoung”

“Don’t look us like you are afraid we are from National Internal Security, We are your friends. Chaeyoung” the man who wear black glasses smiles to Chaeyoung.

Jihyo peeks to her blanket and she saw that Chaeyoung is scared.

 “We will adapt you Chaeyoung, we will be friends”

“that man h-he looks familiar” she said under her breath, she squinted her eyes to carefully look and confirm her hunch, she saw the scar on the left side of his lips.

Jihyo shivers, her breath started to tighten she don’t know what to do. The one who kills her family is in front of her, she wants to get angry and kill these people.

“Let’s go now Chaeyoung” he said

Chaeyoung was about to stand up but then Jihyo stood up and shouts “No! Stay here Chaeyoung! They are the men who kills my family”

The man looks back and he smirks to Jihyo which his scar on his lip became more visible.

“Oh, long time no see Ms. Park” he stop and then he continues “Park Jihyo”

“Do you know each other?” the old lady meddled

“I’ve been looking for her then what a small world, I’ll just see you here in an orphanage, Jihyo” he crept a smile, while on the other hand Jihyo her hand started to flare and her eyes is starting to become red again.

Chaeyoung couldn’t believe what she had saw “ji..jihyo are you okay?”

The man with a scar on his lips looks to his partner and he let out a gun and he shot it to the old lady.

Jihyo and Chaeyoung is shocked “What did you do to her?!”

“I kill her of course” The man laughs

Jihyo’s flare in her hands started to get bigger and bigger. Chaeyoung couldn’t believe what she is seeing right now.

“Leave us alone”

“Do you think I’ll allow you that? I’ve been searching you for 4 years and do you think I’ll let you go just like that? Get Her!”

Jihyo ignite a fire on , she then drag Chaeyoung and they both jump outside of the window and they ran away from those men who are trying to get them.

They are now in this grass that are higher than them, the thing is that the moon is the only one who gives them a source of light out of this nowhere. Chaeyoung suddenly stops from running and she catches her breath “Unnie, go on without me. I will be fine”

“But Chaeyoung. .”

“Go now!”

“Chaeyoung” Jihyo slowly walks towards to Chaeyoung but then the younger girl grasp in pain when a bullet hit her chest and she slowly bend her knees and the blood spitting out from and also to her t-shirt that has a strawberry print on it.

She whispers to Jihyo “I.. am so glad that I met you unnie” she smiles with a blood dripping on , Jihyo bends down and she puts her hand to Chaeyoung’s back “No.. don’t.. don’t close your eyes Chaeyoung!” Jihyo’s tears started to fall down, she looks above the sky and she shouts. “Re...remember the girl that I. .” Chaeyoung slowly closes her eyes “I.. always tell you? H...her name is Mi..” Chaeyoung weakly smiles at Jihyo, the younger girl pulse are now gone.

Jihyo shakes Chaeyoung’s body “Chaeyoung!!! Sorry I couldn’t protect you. I will really regret that for the rest of my life Chaeyoung-ah”

She looks up to the sky and she started to ask “Why?! Why every important person to me needs to leave?!”

“Park Jihyo!!” A man shouts and it is near from them. Jihyo immediately left and he saw the two men from the orphanage earlier.

She has no choice but to make a fire ball and hit them “I’m sorry Chaeyoung” She looks in front of her and she runs away from them.

She runs until she no longer at this high grasses, she reach this old shack that surrounded by this pampas grass.

Jihyo looks around and she saw that no one is there, she then decided to enter this place.

“It looks like someone abandoned this place”

She roams around this old shack and then at the end of this alley she hit her pelvis at the corner of this arcade machine, she stare at this machine at first and then it suddenly opened by itself.

Jihyo is startled but then her curiosity hits, she slowly touch the green button on the arcade.

But the next thing happened regret her the most, the beam of lights from the monitor slowly spreading inside of the shack, Jihyo’s eyes widen and in a snap of a finger everything is back into normal but Jihyo is gone.

 

MINA'S POV 

Mina wanders around inside of her own mini library that was located under the basement of her house. She stops in this front of new wooden shelf, she stare for a moment and then she realized that there is one book that she didn’t yet read. She took out this blue book out of the shelf and she seats to her sofa. 

Mina opens the book and she enjoys reading this book called The Death and Life of The Great Lakes but while she is reading a line caught her attention and she read out loud.

“A normal lake is knowable. A Great Lake can hold all the mysteries of an ocean, and then some.”

She closes the book and then a specific scene appeared to her head.

Everything is blue but blurry, she squinted her eyes trying to remember that scenario that showed up to her memory, as long as she tries to remember it, her head hurts more.

She closes her eyes and she inhale and exhale to forget what she remembers.

She put the book on the top of the table and she grab her nintendo switch and she just play the whole afternoon.

Her playing of Animal Crossing got interrupted when her phone chimes a notification. She stops from playing and she opens her phone, she saw that Sana message her.

“Hey Mina come with us, stop being a homebody. Momo and I planned to visit country side wanna come with us? No buts, we will be there in 15 mins. Prepare everything that you needed”

Mina whines and she lazily drags herself to her bedroom, she opens her closet and she grab anything that she needed.

“I guess this will be ok” she then puts the black t-shirt in her bag.

She was about to go out of her room but then her mother shouts “Mina, your friends are here”

 

Mina walks downstairs with her backpack on.

“Mina, honey becareful okay?” Mina nods and she kisses her mother on the cheeks “I’ll get going now mom” her mom nods and she wave her right hand.

When Mina got out of her house she saw that Sana and Momo are there inside of the car, Momo who is the driver lowered the mirror of her car “Mina, faster!!”

Mina sighs and she waddled her feet towards the car “We can do it tomorrow, why now?” she said as she enters the car “You know, I still have a lot of things to do tomorrow” Sana said while she relax her back to the passenger seat.

Momo turns on the engine and they hit the road, Three hours later Momo stops in a lake. Mina got out from the car and she walks in this wooden bridge that leads to the lake itself.

While she is walking, the water itself is following her she look to the water and it became calm.

Her head aches and her eyes widen when she now remembers clearly the specific scene that showed up earlier. But the person that she is with she cannot remember it.

They are both looking to the view of the lake “It is so calm right, Minari?” Mina just nod at her. The girl let out her camera and she calls Mina’s attention

“Mina! Let me take a picture of you”

Her voice is soft but I couldn’t remember that person.

Mina steps backward in the wooden bridge and she pose in front of the camera

“1,2,3!” the girl chuckled, only the rays of sunlight are visible that’s why Mina couldn’t see the person who is taking a picture of her.

Mina steps backward again to see this person’s face but there’s a wood that made her tripped and fell down in the lake

“Mina!!” her right hand was about to catch her but it’s too late Mina drown in this lake, her eyes are slowly closing and she couldn’t catch any breath

Momo saw that Mina is looking from the depth of the lake “Mina you are spacing out again, come on let’s go” Momo left first but Mina is still looking at the lake, Mina lift her left hand and a portion of water follows.

“Daddy! Look! The water just rise itself!”

Mina heard it and she immediately puts down her left hand and the water splash outofnowhere.

The little girl is looking at her “Are you a magician?” Mina just chuckled “No, I am part of dark magic” she winks to the little girl, but the girl left dumbfounded.

“Mina let’s go, the ahjussi is waiting for us” Sana said and Mina nods.

The three of them arrived in this house it really looks from the country side because of the woods that supports this house. Mina looks around and the house is surrounded by the high grasses and this pampas grass.

After they eat, Mina rest to her bedroom that was located on the second floor of the house.

She let out of her things first and then she decided that she will rest first.

Mina is almost in her dream land when a shot of gun heard outside and a girl scream a name but this time she hear it

“Chaeyoung!!”

Mina knitted her eyebrows

“Chae..Chaeyoung?”

She didn’t noticed that her right eyes suddenly fell a single tear.

“W-why am I crying”

Mina stood up and she look outside of the window, she saw a girl running with a blood on her shirt until she reach this old shack.

She saw that the girl enters and after a while a Luminous ray of lights filled the old shack that Mina’s eyes widen.

Mina hurriedly go down and she leaves the house that she is staying.

She ran to this old shack to find the girl but when she enters this old shack the girl is gone.

Mina looks around to this old shack but then she saw an arcade machine.

She stare at first and she press the green button, her eyes widen.

Beam of lights escaping from the arcade monitor it is so bright to the point that you’ll get blind.

Until Mina found herself in an Island it is also night, Moon is showing its light.

“Hey”

Mina is startled and she looks to her back and it is the girl who she saw earlier.

“You! You are the one who enters the old shack!” Mina stood up and she shake off the sand.

The girl with big eyes nods her head “What happened to you? A-are you okay?” Mina reach out the girl and she looks to her “I am not fine.. my friend died”

“Sorry to hear that”

“I will miss Chaeyoung” Jihyo wipes her tears away. Jihyo chuckled and she introduce her self “I am Jihyo by the way” she reach her hand to Mina.

“Ah I’m Mina” they both hand shake each other

Jihyo knitted her eyebrows “Your name sounds familiar” she chuckled “Before my friend die she said this name Mi.. something like that, but nevermind” she added.

Mina just laughed, the two got interrupted when a woman’s voice but sound robot fill the place.

“Welcome to The Last Idiosyncratic”

Mina and Jihyo looks at each other

“You have 2 levels to finish this game, good luck players”

Mina smirks and she crack her neck “Bring it on!”

“Perhaps you are 97 liner don’t you?” Jihyo chuckled, Mina looks at her and she nods.

“Wait wait wait, how do we gonna get out of this?” Jihyo asks

“Just finish this 3 levels” The woman with robotic voice answers.

“Let’s do it!! I’ve been waiting this for my whole life playing a game. A REAL GAME”

“You may use your powers, Level 1 starts now”

From island they are now at the edge of the vent of a volcano, Mina felt weak.

“Player Jihyo cannot use her powers, she is only for support. GoodLuck, Players”

“Mina? Are you okay??” Mina nods “let’s do this” Jihyo look from a far and she saw the end “Mina you can build a bridge?” Mina looks from her surroundings and she can’t see any item.

“Jihyo there are no items to build a bridge” Jihyo looks at her “Mina, your powers. Use your powers” Mina knitted her eyebrows “How did you know that I have powers?”

“7 Minutes left”

Jihyo was about to answer but the woman with a robotic voice announced that they only have 7 minutes left.

“Damn you! You didn’t inform us that there’s a time limit!” Jihyo shouts.

Mina started to make a bridge using the lava that it will turn into water.

When Mina did a bridge she immediately walks into it. The volcano started to explode some lava, the only thing that Jihyo can do is that to stop the fire and the lava that came from the volcano.

Mina pushes her hands to release some water to extend the bridge.

“Mina faster! The fire.. the fire is coming at us” Jihyo makes a shield from fire while they are running.

Mina and Jihyo panting so hard but they successfully reached the end, they both saw the volcano explode a huge fire.

“Congratulations Players you have successfully finished the first level”

Their surroundings became white the walls are whiter even the tiles. Jihyo and Mina stick into each other, they don’t know what will happen next but whatever it is they are ready to fight.

“Welcome to Level 2 the last Level”

The room slowly filled with different kinds of people but Mina started to get panic but Jihyo held her hand “Don’t worry we’ll get through this, Just believe in your powers Mina. We are not different, we are still human being”

Mina somehow it made her feel relaxed, the two are now surrounded by the people who are wearing toxidos, clothes, just like any civilian that you see outside.

One man walks towards them “You are different, You are different” another man walks towards them “You are different why don’t you just die!”

Mina closes her eyes her heart started to beat like crazy, sweat pouring down to her forehead she drop her body down on the floor “Mina mina! Wake up we need to finish this!”

“i don’t think I can do it Jihyo”

“If we can’t do it we are trap here forever! Mina, just look into my eyes everything will be okay. This is a game remember?”

Mina looks at the crowd and everyone are slowly approaching them she hurriedly stood up and she release a water to her hand “You are all gonna die!” Mina hit those people but she was taken aback when everyone became furious.

They release knives and guns but Mina didn’t let her self down and also Jihyo.

Jihyo let out a fire on and she aimed those people.

A furious man runs towards to Mina and she kicked him through his ball. Mina release from her hand a knife that is made from water and she aims to the man who is on the ground.

Everyone became chaotic and agressive.

A man suddenly choke Jihyo from behind, she noticed that the man has a scar on his left lips, her eyes widen and she immediately bend down and put the man on the ground. From her hands Jihyo make a sword that came from fire “You deserve this!” she has no mercy and she straight up put the sword inside of the man’s chest.

On the other hand Mina is busy fighting this people until out of nowhere she saw this small person who is smiling at her.

“Mina!!” her right hand was about to catch her”

Mina finally saw her when the girl block the rays of sunlight in order to save her. She has a black long hair, a mole under her plumpy lips and an eyes that has a depth of an ocean.

Mina’s tears fall down “Chaeyoung!!” Jihyo looks at Mina and she runs towards her.

“Mina no! They will gonna kill you!”

Chaeyoung hugs Mina but she release a knife and she smirk to Jihyo.

“Mina no!!!”

Mina hugs Chaeyoung tightly but the next thing happened she jolt in pain, Chaeyoung stab her with a knife on her back.

Mina looks at Chaeyoung and she cupped the younger ones cheek “I.. I’ve been looking for you, Chaeyoung-ah” Mina cried. Jihyo pulls Mina “Mina she is not Chaeyoung and how did you know her” Jihyo release a fire again on her breath and everyone died.

“Mina you are bleeding” Mina slowly closes her eyes “Jihyo I.. think” she whispers “I think It’s my time to go now” she smiles “I met her. . and you. I met someone like me.” and she added.

Jihyo closes her eyes “Mina no!! Please don’t leave me like Chaeyoung and my family did” tears are continuously falling, she is holding Mina in her arms and she cried again. Jihyo felt weak after all the happenings.

“Level 2 completed, You have successfully finished the game. Congratulations”

The next thing happened they are now outside of the old shack. Jihyo checks Mina’s pulse but they are now gone, she saw that Mina is smiling.

Jihyo hugs Mina and she scream because of frustration and guilt to herself because she couldn’t protect the girl.

 

 

 

4 years later. . .

 

“Mina we are here!” Momo looks at the tomb of Mina “We have your friend here, Jihyo”

Jihyo put a red spider lilly on Mina’s tomb “I hope you are doing fine, Mina” she chuckled.

“You know what, even though we met for a short time. I can see that you are a good person, I truly regret that I cannot protect you that day” She looks up to the sky.

“Let’s meet again next Life Mina, where we don’t have any powers. You were a wonderful person”

 

THE END