AKM,WMA

AKM,WMA | A JINJOO OS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8:17 am, I'm in the flower shop right now. The busy street is seen from where I am seated. Everyone is in a rush to reach their destination.

"Hi, please sit down first. Is it okay that it will take 10 minutes to arrange the flowers?" The employees here are always cheerful. I think that’s reason why there shop is well-known in this area.

"It's fine, as long as it is done perfectly. It's for my wife."

“Don’t go home late love! I’ll be waiting. You know it’s my birthday today!” My Minjoo’s voice will always be the sweetest.

“Yes I won’t.” I assured her.

My seat is near the open-wide window of this shop. It’s always a special place for the both of us.

-

“Congratulations on your promotion Dad!” What?

I entered the flower shop again; they gave me a wrong one. A lady is still talking to the employee so I waited until she’s done. It’s my intention to eavesdrop their conversation.

“Miss, you gave me a wrong one. It’s the right arrangement but the card says “Happy Birthday Mama!”, it’s not my Mama’s birthday! I remember telling you to write “Congratulations on your promotion Dad!”

Is it possible that this is hers?

“We’ll just replace it Ma’am. Sorry for the inconvenience” The employee looks so ashamed.

“Ah Excuse me, I guess they accidentally switched our cards. Here’s yours” After I said that the lady turned revealing how beautiful she is. I am mesmerized by her beauty. Those eyes of her smiles with her lips and I find it really attractive.

“Ah O-kay!. Happy Birthday to your Mama!” She bows and hands me the card and I handed hers too.

She quickly left the store but I manage to catch her pace.

“Hi! Congratulations on your Dad’s promotion!” I said out of the blue that stunned her. She’s very timid. She just mouthed a thank you with a trembling voice. Am I freaking her out?

“Do you mind having coffee sometimes?”

She was taken aback by the sudden burst of words that came from my mouth. What are you doing Ahn Yujin?! You’re so shameless.

“Oh! I’m sorry to freak you out. It’s just that I thought you’re really beautiful…” I covered my mouth. “Did I just do it again?”

“Yes” Then she laughed. She’s at ease now.

“I’m really sorry. Maybe I should stop bothe-” Maybe I’m too persistent. Mom and Dad will be angry at me when they knew I am freighting a woman.

“I’m free on Friday nights…” She whispered but I heard it. It was like a syringe of excitement is injected on me. I’m alive, alert, awake and enthusiastic! You know that song, do you?

“Is that?” I should confirm if what I heard is right. I don’t want to assume things, I always make sure of it.

“A yes? Yes?” Then she smiled. I can’t tell you how beautiful those dimple marks in her face.

“Isn’t it weird that I ask you first on a date before asking your name?” What a noob Yujin! I stop walking that made her stop too.

“Hi beautiful lady in a yellow summer dress, I’m Ahn Yujin! 20 years old! Currently studying Electrical Engineering! I’m weird, I know but don’t freak out because…” I gestured a finger heart “…I’m harmless”

She laughed and it’s beautiful. “Hey! Don’t fall in love too fast!” I . That is what you call reverse psychology. We don’t know maybe she will.

“Do you do that to every girl you ask out? You’re really entertaining” She start walking towards a bus stop nearby. I watch her take her seat and she seem waiting for a bus to arrive. “You’ll take the bus?” It’s obvious that she’ll take one. “Isn’t it obvious?” It is but I like talking to you. I’m just making this all up.

“Hey lady, my house just nearby and it’s sad that we’ll parting ways here” She look at me like I’m a clown or something. Then a bus stop in front of us, she hops in and before she enter she look back at me.

“Kim Minjoo. Next Friday Night. 8pm. City’s most famous seller of Mint Choco ice cream”.

Kim Minjoo…we’ll meet again! YES!

-

I don’t know what’s on my mind back then. But that started our story. I was so happy that day; I was chanting those 14 words she said, on my way home. Young love really got into my system that time. I am so in love with her. Until now.

“Yujin?” The employee is standing in front of me. I day dreamed again. This is so embarrassing. “I’ve called you many times, but you seem preoccupied. Here are your flowers”

“Oh! Thank you! I just got back from a good memory”

“That’s why you’re smiling the whole time! Thank you for always choosing our service”

I also mouthed a thank you and left after that. I’m on my way now to a friend’s bakeshop. A cake will always be nice to any celebration.

”Its Minjoo again love, please drive safely!”

“Yes, my love.”

I parked my car in front of the store. The smell of bread and different dessert welcome me. If Minjoo is with me, she may have been eaten a lot now.

“Chaeyeon, Sakura!!!” I shouted as soon as I enter the store. There’s no other customer this time so I have the guts to do that.

“YAH! IT’S SO EARLY IN THE MORNING! WHY DO YOU SHOUT LIKE THAT?” Chaeyeon shouted even louder. My best friend will always be like this to me.

“Okay calm down, do you want the baby to be ugly when she came out” I joked around to calm her.

“Go back inside love, Spongebob is starting” Sakura whispers to Chaeyeon and that excites her. She immediately go back inside their mini house in this store. Sakura hugged me and tap my back. She walks back to their kitchen and after a few minutes she has the cake in her hands.

“Here’s the cake Yujin” I checked the cake and handed out the money to her. But she refuses to take it. “It’s a gift for Minjoo. Tell her, I miss her” Sakura smiled. I don’t force her to accept the money because I know she won’t take it. I just mouthed a thank you and bid a good bye to them.

“HEY YUJIN! BRING MINJU HERE SOMETIMES. I MISS HER!” Chaeyeon and I are best friends before we met Sakura and Minjoo who are good friends too. My wife and I turned out to be a bridge for our friend’s love.

“OF COURSE! CHAEYEON! TAKE CARE OF YOUR BABY! I’LL GO NOW!”

I wave goodbye to Sakura and Chaeyeon. I headed out and drive to where Minju is. We have three events for today. So everything should be special.

“What do you want for dinner love?” Minjoo ask me.

“Beef!” It’s our favorite. I think if we continue to eat it every time will be able to understand the language of cows.

“Ow beef again! Okay!”

“What do you want for dessert” I asked her, even if I know the answer.

“Mint choco dan!” “Mint choco dan!” We both said in chorus and she laughed... her angelic laugh. I really love to hear it because I know I did something that made her happy.

“You know me well!”

Since the café is near the bakeshop, I’ll go grab my wife’s favorite dessert. I just really want to make this day special for all of us. Besides, I miss eating one too.

“I love you! You thought I forgot? It’s our wedding anniversary today. Happy Anniversary, my love!”

“Happy Anniversary my Minjoo…” This voicemails are my wife’s way of spoiling (also showering cause it’s tons) me with love and affection. She never failed to send me one even if she’s busy.

“Ow! Good morning Yujin! Where’s Minju?” It’s Chaewon, the store manager. We’ve been friends because Minjoo and I are always here.

“She’s with Dr. Kim” I smiled at her. Chaewon is one of those people who witness how our love bloomed. We’re really a regular customer here. Actually Minjoo is, but since I met and date her. You know I need to impress her so I always come here to grab her favorite. Chaewon witnessed a lot of romance and drama between us. I ordered the usual foods we buy. I got 4 orders each.

“Got it! Please say hi to Minjoo for me! I’ll ring you once it’s done!”

-

“I’ll ring you once it’s done!”

Yes, it’s Friday night and thank God not because it’s Friday but I am able to find this place she’s talking about! And I ran late because I have no idea this place exists. And this ma’am right here seems irritated and even told me that the next time I’ll do this, she’ll just go without waiting for me. All that matters is she said that there would be next time.

“We’re really having ice cream for dinner?” I ask Minjoo. She mouthed yes with full of excitement. “Ah that’s why you’re thin.” I whispered.

“Hey I heard that!”

“*ehem* It’s just that you should eat something else first!” and it’s just that I’m starving.

“Then order something for yourself! That easy!”

This girl is full of savageness. She’s been like that to me the whole time we’re together. I’m wrong that she’s timid because she isn’t. I stood up and walked to the cashier to order some pasta and lasagna. When our orders are ready we grabbed it from the counter.

“You can eat all of that?” Minjoo was shocked when she saw 2 plates of lasagna and pasta. “No” I answered and put one plate of lasagna and one plate of pasta in front of her. She asked me what is it but I know she means why I am handing her that food. “Uhm, lasagna and pasta?” I laughed and start eating.

“How much is this?”

“It’s my treat because you agreed to meet me again.”

“No, I’ll pay you.”

“No, it’s okay. Don’t be shy—“

“I’m not shy, I just can handle myself. I’m not that kind of girl who’s comfortable with this kind of setup. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate your gesture. But just let me pay you for this food, for me to feel respected please”

She’s amazing and she made me mesmerized again not because of her visuals but because of the glimpse of how she thinks. It’s beautiful.

“Hey?”
“You’re amazing.”

“You just burst out what’s on your mind again, didn’t you?” She laughs and hand me money after checking the receipt. I accept it; I don’t want to offend her. I’ve dated some girls before but none of them reject this kind of gesture. Not all girls are the same huh?

Every minute of this night, I am getting to know her more. Her mannerism, slip of the tongue, the way she thinks but I know she is more. Kim Minjoo is something more. I know this night is not enough to even know a pint or a quarter of who Kim Minjoo is but I wish, she will allow me to decipher the mysterious façade of her, I’m seeing.

Even if I’m still with her, I wanting to see her again. Is that even a thing?

-

That night I got to see the right side of my wife. I got to see who she really is, how sarcastic see can be, how she gets easily annoyed and most especially how unique her personality is.

We got to date for 6 months and been official after that. I fall for her every single day. Not just because of her visual but because of the innocence and purity of her heart. I got to know a person who gives love unconditionally.

I am stuck in the traffic! I look around. I’m getting irritated because I’m a very impatient person. A place got my eyes. I’m near the most memorable park I’ve been in. I am not a fan of parks but Minjoo is. She loves watching people most especially kids playing.

This park holds one of the happiest days of our life, a place where I ask Minjoo to marry me.

-

She’s here. I told her to go in this park. I can see that she’s irritated already because she can’t see me around. My love is somehow obsessed with time. She hates people being late to the agreed time.

The music started to play when she sat down the fountain. A cue for us to start what we have planned for weeks.

Our friends started to show up giving her white roses. My Minjoo is so shocked but more of confused. She’s trying to seek for answer to every single one of our friends. But I didn’t forget to instruct them not to tell her anything.

My Mama and Papa is here too, each of them give her a red rose. She bowed as a sign of courtesy and My Mama just embraced her.

“I’ll go there Yuji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter