Our “poor” middle child, Joy

Wenrene Family Au
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I HATE MONDAYS!” Whining, Joy walks to the dining table and takes her seat. The kid is literally dragging her feet. Wendy who is pouring her coffee looks at her wife, Irene who is busy preparing some pancake. Irene can only shake her head.

“Mom, I don’t want to go” Joy whine again, cupping her face with her palms, her elbows on the table. Irene looks at her

“Want to be homeschooled again?” Irene asks, knowing that Joy won’t be happy about that.

“Hmp-” The girl rolls her eyes and both her parents can just sigh. Wendy smiles at Irene and looks at her as if telling her to let it slide.

“Good morning-” Seulgi greets, walking to her Momrene. Irene leans down and gives the girl a kiss on her forehead before Seulgi walks to Wendy.

“Why are you sad, Joy?” Seulgi asks, as she sits. Joy didn’t answer and just rolls her eyes. Seulgi frowns and looks at Irene “Mommy, Joy is making faces at me-” Seulgi said with her gentle, voice. Seulgi might be the eldest but she is the most gentle and we can say the more of a baby.

Irene looks at her daughters, with a heavy sigh, before she looks at Wendy. Wendy smiles at Irene but she receives an intense glare so she walks to the table, taking her seat. “Stop fighting, eat your breakfast, or we’ll be late”

Irene walks to the table and puts pancake on each of their plates.

“Good morning, mommy” Yeri finally came and greets her mom, kissing both of them. Joy looks at Irene pecks her sister’s lips so she frowns “Why you are not kissing me anymore like that, mommy?” She whines

Irene is taken a back with what Joy said “Well, you didn’t greet me earlier” Irene said before walking to the kid and kisses her cheek. The last thing she wants is for anyone to be jealous over the other “Now eat, you will be late”

Irene is sitting beside Joy, Seulgi and Yeri sit beside each other with Yeri across Joy.

“Are you gonna be late tonight? Should I pick up the kids later?” Irene asks Wendy while putting some food on her plate.

“I don’t know yet baby, but I will call you, hm?” Wendy said and smiles at Irene, before rubbing her palm on her back. Wendy is such an affectionate wife, and even though she is greasy at times, Irene loves it more. They are having some moments when suddenly, Seulgi whines, covering her plate with the napkin, only for Irene and Wendy to see that Joy and Yeri are already throwing food at each other.

“Hey, stop it!” Irene tries to stop Joy as Wendy stands to hold Yeri’s small hands but there is no way to stop the kids

“Do not! Oh god!”

“Can we talk about what happened at the table?” Wendy asks her daughter, looking through the mirror. She is dropping Seulgi and Joy while Irene decided that she will send Yeri to school so there will be no other commotion in the car.

“Why me again? Yeri started it” Joy at the backseat whines. Seulgi looks at Wendy and shakes her head “Nah uh you started it, she told me” Seulgi said, more in a serious manner. Seulgi takes everything seriously, and she is sometimes so dense though she is very pure.

“I didn’t”

“Hey, I don’t care who started it, you are the unnie, you should understand her” Wendy said gently

“Wae? It’s always me” Joy whines

“Because you are older, and you should understand your sister” Wendy tries her best to be as gentle as possible knowing that Irene’s way of disciplining the kids is enough and she should balance it as the gentle one.

“Okay” Joy said, crossing her arms

“I think you should talk to Joy, baby. She is being jealous, as I noticed” Wendy said looking at the screen. She decided to call Irene and talk to her about their middle child’s behavior nowadays.

“Well, I know, but she doesn’t listen to me Wan, can you help me in this? She listens to you more” Irene said. Wendy nods and smiles at her before saying goodbye

Irene starts cleaning the house, after putting the laundry - she loves doing these things and she is such a homebody so their house is spotless. She just finishes everything when she suddenly gets a call from the school.

“He started it, Mommy. He said I am looking down at him, I was just drinking in the fountain. Then, he jumped and hit my head” Joy explains. She was sent to the principal’s office because of hitting a boy, shorter that her.

“Still, it’s not good to hit someone” Irene said, trying to be calm but she is so mad.

“We will talk about this at home” Irene added and looks at the other girl following her, Seulgi “And you too, you are t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter