MOMO

Strangers

"We are strangers,

but we cuddle like girlfriends" 

 

———

 

I woke up in a stranger's arms, and it's a woman. Her arm is hugging me while the other I used as a pillow. I looked up when I feel her breath fanning my face.

She's beautiful, I said to myself. Is there really a beautiful girl like her in this world, or she's the only one? If that so, then I am lucky.

I traced the moles on her face with my finger, careful to not wake her up. However, she opened her eyes when my finger drew across her lips to the last mole below her lips.

"What are you doing?" She asked smiling. Her morning voice brings some sensation inside of me.

"Looking at my favorite constellation," I answered honestly.

She looked at me in the eye, and it makes me feel like I'm looking in universe. Her eyes holds million of stars, twinkling in it. Just then, a crystal like tear formed on her eyes, and I catched them before it falls. Her pupils shook, a glimpse of sadness in it even though she is smiling. I'm about to ask what's bothering her when she pulled me closer, my face on her neck. I blushed hard because we're both and I could feel her pressed in mine. I didn't push her and let her hugged me.

I don't know what's gotten into me, but my heart sank when I saw pain and sadness in her eyes. Maybe, this is normal when you saw a beautiful girl crying. She's shaking, she must be trying hard to not create a sound. I unconsciously brought my hand on her back, I have a half-mind to pull away but my intuition deepen. I slid my hand up and down to calm her. I don't know why she suddenly cries.

I wish I know.

When she calmed down, I tapped her back before pulling myself away from our hug, missing the contact right away. I wiped her eyes to satiate the needs of feeling her skin under my fingertips. "It's alright now," I encourage, smiling.

She responded with a small "thank you", nodding her head shortly then smile.

"There. You're pretty when you smile."

I panicked when another tear dropped from her eye, and she laughed.

Again for the nth time of the day, I'll say this again. I don't know this person, or any idea on what kind of person she is. Still, in her arms I feel secure, and loved. This stranger made me feel things I haven't felt before, yet it feels all familiar to me.