Chapter 2

Next Door Dongsaeng
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nari felt herself wake up as light beams pierced her eyelids. She was too comfortable to move much, however, and just shifted in her spot and turned away from the light. Wanting to get a couple more hours of sleep, she reached out for the comfort of her pillow only to bump into something hard.

 

The texture felt like skin.

 

Nari’s eyes flung open to see that beside her was another human who was not only a male, but a male. Then, to her terror, she looked down at herself and realized underneath the thin white covers she was also . For a moment she didn’t know where she was, who she was with, and why she in such a situation, but the all the memories of last night came rushing back to her hungover mind.

 

“,” she cursed to herself as she closed her eyes and buried her face underneath the covers.

 

Hwang Nari not only slept with the stranger from the bar, but he ended up being her next door neighbor. How was she ever going to live comfortably in her own home from now on, she didn’t know. But for now, she had to at least get out of the current situation to clear her head.

 

Scanning the room, she was able to see from the hanging clock that it was only seven in the morning. Right under the clock was a wooden dresser and beside that dresser laid the underwear and pajamas that she was stripped of last night. Making sure not to wake up Sicheng, she slowly pulled the covers as she stood up the bed until it fully clothed her and left said male lying on the bed in his boxers.

 

At least he was somewhat clothed, unlike Nari.

 

She tiptoed over to the dresser area and grabbed her underwear and the pajamas she wore last night and snuck into his bathroom to quickly change. It was only temporary, however, so that she could go back to the other bedroom and change into her outfit from last night. She closed the door to change only to look down to see a wrapper on the floor. At that moment, she felt her soul left her body as she recalled everything that happened in the bedroom last night. Every last kiss, touch, and movement.

 

“Hwang Nari, you are too old to be doing this anymore,” she lectured herself as she put on the grey silk cloth. She felt shameful for leading on her neighbor for a fleeting desire but she couldn’t change anything now and she would have to figure out how to handle the situation once she was in a better state of mind.

 

Once she was fully clothed, she grabbed the bed cover and quietly exited the bathroom so that she could gently lay the fabric back down next to Sicheng. She wasn’t going to put it on top of him because she feared he would wake up from the contact.

 

Again, she tiptoed out of the bedroom and made sure to close the door gently so that Sicheng wouldn’t wake up.

 

“Ok, almost to the home stretch,” Nari encouraged herself as she looked for the door to the other bedroom. It was located down the hall on the way to the living room, and the door was already slightly opened which was strange because she thought she closed it behind her last night.

 

Nari entered the bedroom and noticed that something was different. It took her a moment but she finally saw the open duffel bag at the foot of the bed. That bag was definitely not there last night which only meant one thing.

 

Sicheng’s brother was home.

 

But it was too late because as she realized the situation she just put herself in, the door to the bathroom opened and came out a male. He was holding her clothes in his hand and looked up with slight shock on his face as he realized he was no longer alone in his own room.

 

The male made the connection in his head and spoke, “I assume this is yours, then?”

 

This was definitely Sicheng’s little brother. They both had those innocent looking eyes and toothy smile. He looked like he was either in his senior year of high school or just starting college, and had a kind of pure aura about him. He was slightly shorter than Sicheng but still held his own in the looks department.

 

Nari didn’t even want to look at a mirror right now because she knew she was blushing like a tomato. Her face felt like it was on fire and she slowly nodded in shame. “Um, yeah... You must be Sicheng’s little brother then?”

 

The male chuckled as he handed her the clothes back before crossing his arms and giving her a look over. “Most people call me Renjun. Nice to meet you, noona. Although, I wasn’t expecting Sicheng to bring over visitors just yet. He even gave you his favorite set of pajamas.”

 

If Nari could blush even harder, she would. “Y-yah! It’s not what it looks like… and why are you speaking so casually if I am your noona?” she lectured, but in a hushed voice because she didn’t want to wake up Sicheng.

 

Renjun just shook his head and sat on the edge of his bed. “I assume that it was your phone ringing when I got home a couple of minutes ago as well. I knew there was no way that my brother got a new phone already.”

 

Once she heard him say those words, she remembered why she was in this situation in the first place. Hoping it was a certain male, Nari quickly walked out of the bedroom and in to the kitchen where she left her purse and phone last night, clothes still gripped with one hand. Renjun immediately stood up and followed after her, curious to learn more about the strange woman that was in his home.

 

Nari said a little prayer before unlocking her phone and luckily her prayer was answered. She pressed call back and rang the number that just rang her phone a couple minutes ago.

 

“Noona! I have your keys!” the voice boomed from her phone.

 

“You don’t say,” she hissed, still trying to keep her voice down. “I’m almost to my condominium, I’ll text you the address so make sure to meet me in the lobby so that I can finally go home.”

 

She heard shuffling before Johnny spoke, “Where did you end up sleeping?”
 

She looked up to see Renjun observing her with amusement written all over his face. Nari looked away in shame and bit her lip before whispering to Johnny, “My mom’s house. She is still sleeping so that is why I am whispering. I’ll see you soon!”

 

Nari had to end the call before she made herself even more guilty in front of Sicheng’s little brother.

 

“Your mom’s house huh?”

 

She closed her eyes in annoyance before straightening her posture and looking back at Renjun. “You, keep this conversation between you and me. I am sure your brother will tell you who I am

when he wakes up, but for now I have to go.”

 

She was going to put her shoes on, but when Nari looked down she realized she was still in her pajamas. “I will go after I change, is there a guest bathroom around here?”

 

She was sure that there was one, because the layouts are similar enough to her condo across the hall. However, she embarrassed herself enough and didn’t want end up doing something foolish once again. Renjun bit his lips to hold back his laughter and pointed with his hand in the direction of the guest bathroom.

 

Nari has never changed so fast in her life. She felt like she broke some kind of record as she stripped out of Sicheng’s borrowed clothes and shoved her arms and legs into her midnight green two piece. She then folded the silk pajamas and left them on the bathroom counter before stepping out once again into the common area.

 

Renjun was still in the same spot as she looked over and their eyes met. He raised one eyebrow, clearly impressed that she had changed so fast.

 

“Do you want me to go get my brother first?”

 

Nari’s heart dropped. It was like her feet had a mind of their own as she rushed past the kitchen, making sure to grab her purse and phone on the way. She went to the entrance of the condo, where her heels were, and quickly put them on.

 

“No need! I have to head out now, and I wouldn’t want to disturb his sleep. The pajamas are in the bathroom and thank you for letting me stay over for the night. I’ll be leaving now!” Nari said it all in one breathe. She didn’t even let Renjun respond as she opened the door and exited. Before the door closed, she poked her head back, not wanting to seem like a complete .

 

“Nice to meet you Renjun!”

 

Nari, at twenty-eight years old, had just snuck out of a man’s house all while acting like she was twenty-two years old.

 

She walked down the hallway towards the elevator and pressed the down button. Once the elevator opened to her floor, she entered it and closed pressed the close button so many times she thought she broke it.

 

As the elevator doors closed and started to descend to the lobby, Nari said to herself, “What have you gotten yourself in to.”

 

 

Sicheng woke up with a start as he felt a pillow hit his face.

 

“What the f—“ Sicheng almost curse as he sat up. He opened his eyes to see his brother leaning against his doorframe with a smirk on his face.

 

Confused, he looked around to see his room a mess with the sheets haphazardly dangling from his bed, his clothes all over the floor, and a suspiciously empty spot next to him. He then looked down and saw that he was only in his boxers and suddenly remembered last night’s events.

 

Sicheng’s head snapped back to his little brother as he asked, “Nari?”

 

“So that was her name! She never told me as she rushed out of here like the condo was on fire. But not before I got to see her in your favorite pajamas,” Renjun was really enjoying how he was antagonizing his older brother.

 

Sicheng groaned as he laid back down, putting his arms over his eyes. This was not how he wanted this morning to go, although he had to admit there really wasn’t a plan of how to handle the situation.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter