Sugar, Spice and everything, uhh, slime?

Intervention
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her steps were peppy, her smile wide and joyful, her hair slightly disheveled, and her soul full as she entered her apartment building.

 

It had been the perfect Sunday; she’d gotten up early to have breakfast with her sister and Ashley before they went to church together for what she considered to be an excellent Sunday service. She hadn’t had a chance to catch up with the both of them for a while, so she’d enjoyed every minute of it.

 

After church, she’d met up with Hyeri and they’d gone for a bike ride through the park, stopping at a cute little café for some coffee and desserts, before continuing on with their bike adventures, the warm spring breeze running through her hair that was partially tied up in her usual style. They’d ridden around for hours; talking, laughing, singing, stopping to smell the freshly bloomed flowers and enjoying the spring sun and each other’s company.

 

Park Chaeyoung had just had the most perfect Sunday, and any moment now she’d open her apartment door to see her perfect girlfriend, and really, what more could a girl want? Maybe she’d suggest to Jennie that they’d order some take-out and cuddle up with a good movie, just to put the cherry on the top of her already perfect cake.

 

Typing in her code on the keypad, her smile quickly turned into a frown as she was greeted with a solemn looking Jisoo and Lisa, holding their stupid Intervention banner between them.

 

Ugh, not again.

 

Racking her brain, she tried to think of what she could’ve done now to warrant the meeting she was about to have.

 

“Chaeyoung.”

 

“Jisoo.”

 

Feeling left out, Lisa bounced slightly on the balls of her feet as she piped in with a half-serious tone, a few octaves darker than her usually voice, “Chaeyoung.”

 

“Lisa.”

 

She began wondering if Jennie was aware of this, cause she sure as heck would’ve liked a heads up. She’d probably suggest they go out for dinner and a movie and sneak back in after dark if she’d known what was waiting for her. The shorter brunette had been texting her throughout the day, sending photos of her and Kuma having a spa day, her at her daily Pilates session, and at home with her slime. All in all, a pretty normal day for miss Kim Jennie. Maybe Jennie wasn’t home?

 

Ignoring the dynamic duo in front of her, she stepped out of her shoes and pulled out her phone from her back pocket. Finding nothing from Jennie about staying at her mom’s for the night, she frowned down at the device as if it was to blame for all of this.

 

“Is Jennie home?”

 

“She’s taking a nap. She had a full day today.”

 

Grumbling to herself, she let out a soft mumble before moving past the duo and stepping into the kitchen, “of course she has”. She’d been hoping that Jennie would at least be home and awake so she could run like a quarterback trying to get a touchdown from the kitchen to her bedroom where she’d be safe from the two monsters lurking in their living room. She was imagining that they’d be like sharks circling their bait, and Jennie was their kryptonite. As long as she was with her, she’d be safe and sound.

 

But alas, no such luck.

 

She knew she could sneak in there and join Jennie in bed, the smaller girl would mostly likely just give her a sloppy kiss, cuddle into her, and fall back asleep. But they also hadn’t gotten to see each other much during the past week with Jennie spending some time at her mother’s, both of them having conflicting schedules, and Lisa demanding her and Rosie spend time together in order to catch up, telling Jennie that she couldn’t ‘hog everyone’s favorite Australian’. All of this meant that despite Jennie’s drowsiness, she’d probably force herself to stay awake so she could spend time with everyone’s favorite Australian, and then said Australian would feel bad for disturbing Jennie’s beauty sleep and honestly that wasn’t worth it.

 

So instead, she decided to it up and face the two-headed snake that was staring at her from across the room, Intervention sign still firmly clutched in their freakishly large palms.

 

“What did I do this time?”

 

“It’s not you, it’s Jennie.”

 

Groaning again, she took a large gulp from the water bottle she’d just pulled from the fridge and sat down at their kitchen table. “If this is about Jennie, why are you pulling this intervention on me?”

 

“Do you know how scary Jennie can be?” Lisa shrieked, sitting down opposite her best friend.”

 

“Lisa,” Jisoo warned, taking a seat next to Lisa, “I thought we agreed we wouldn’t say that?”

 

“Well sorry, but she is! Those eyes!”

 

“And you don’t think I’m scary?” Rosie deadpanned.

 

“I mean, no? You’re our little chipmunk.”

 

“Keep this up, and I’ll show you scary…” her tone was dark and her eyes darker, but the girls opposite her were not at all threatened by it as they cooed over her cute little face. “Besides, it was just a few months since your first intervention where you literally sat right here and talked about how Jennie was ‘the least scary thing in the universe’ so that excuse doesn’t fly here.”

 

“Sweet baby Chong-ah,” Lisa began, shaking her head at Rosie’s obliviousness, “when we are with Jennie without you, she’s like a ferocious, petrifying, blood-curdling, snarling Rottweiler – ready to bite our heads off without a second’s notice. Over time we’ve learned to control the beast, somewhat, but she can still strike when we least expect it.”

 

“Enter you,” Jisoo continued, “as soon as you join us that horrifying Rottweiler baring it’s teeth turns into an endearing two-kilo Pomeranian who’s seconds away from lifting off the ground because her tail is moving so fast as she stares at you with heart eyes.” Lifting her two hands she moved them up and down, palms up as if weighing them against each other. “Without you – big scary doggy, with you – tiny cloud of fluff. Everyone knows not to poke the beast, Chaeng.”

 

“I just-I”, shaking her head, she squeezed her eyes shut for a moment as she rubbed her hands over her face, “you two are ridiculous, we all know Jennie isn’t a Rottweiler, and besides, it’s not about the breed, it’s about the owner.”

 

“Anyways, we’re also coming to you because Jennie probably wouldn’t even listen to us and you’re her girlfriend, so you need to knock some sense into her.”

 

“So? You’re her best friend, she hangs onto every word you say.”

 

“Park Chaeyoung, this is an intervention, now shush so we can intervent.”

 

“That’s not a word, Lis.”

 

“Then what is the verb of intervention?” The Thai girl looked at Jisoo, blinking those doe eyes confusedly.

 

“Intervene.”

 

“Oh, thanks!” She smiled happily at Jisoo before turning serious as she turned back to Rosie, “Park Chaeyoung, this is an intervention, now shush so we can intervene.”

 

“I’ll give you ten minutes starting…” checking the time on her phone, she waited a few seconds until the clock ticked over, “now.”

 

“We know you’ve been busy this week, and so has Jennie, so you haven’t seen her much this week, but we were wondering if you are aware of the drastic measures she has taken this week?”

 

“I mean, I know Kuku’s new cut isn’t exactly the breed standard or anything, but he looks cute so I wouldn’t call it,” making bunny ears with her fingers, “drastic measures.”

 

“-Wha? No! This isn’t about Kuma, it’s about Jennie and her stupid addiction!”

 

“I mean, she loves me and all, but I wouldn’t call her addicted. Sure, she called me…” checking her phone, she counted the amount of times Jennie had called her the day before, “…32 times yesterday, but you know Jennie, that’s just how she is. You know I’m bad at answering texts. We’re in love, but it’s not an addiction.”

 

Sighing, Jisoo slapped her own forehead with frustration, “Chaeyoung, please shut up. You’re not even close to the right answer.”

 

“…”

 

“Lisa, tell her.”

 

“On Thursday at 2pm miss Kim Jennie had a meeting at the YG building, with some of the higher ups.” Rosie frowned with worry. Had something bad happened? “The meeting was arranged by Jennie herself. Do you know what the meeting was about Rosie?” she shook her head no, still unsure where this was going. Jennie hadn’t told her anything about any of this.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter