Background I

Silver moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Happy birthday to you~ happy birthday to you~~ Happy birthday to Eunji and Taeyeon... Happy birthday to you~~" a group of kids surrounded Eunji and Taeyeon while the guardian, Aunty Marie hold the cake.

"Make a wish and blow it" Aunt Marie said when the kids finished singing. Eunji and Taeyeon clasped their hand and closed their eyes. Eunji finished first and she wait for Taeyeon to open her eyes before they both blow the candle.

"Happy birthday Eunji-ah/Taeyeon unnie" they both said at the same time. The cake was then cut to give to the kids.

"Eunji-ah... Taeyeon-ah... You remember what day is today right?" Aunt Marie gave the cake to both of them before sitting down beside them. The kids are happy to get eat a cake and ignore the elders.

Eunji and Taeyeon just turn to 18 today, which means their day at the orphanage are finally over. The orphanage has been their home since they're baby. After finished high school last year, they both worked to help Aunt Marie fed the kids. At first, they're only them and three other babies with Aunt Marie and the cooks at the orphanage. But when they turn 12, Aunt Marie takes in the kids from the orphanage that had been closed due to not enough fund. Since then, Taeyeon and Eunji help Aunt Marie to take care the kids. They worked part time when they're in high school to reduce Aunt Marie' burden to raise 20 kids including them. However, Aunt Marie refused to take their money and instead, keep the money for them. Eunji and Taeyeon still work despite Aunt Marie protest in fear of something happen to them but after both of them doing well in first year, Aunt Marie finally stop nagging them to stop working. True, the fund for Aunt Marie orphanage is never not enough and the kids are well fed and got new toys every six months because there are always a few corporate people who came and gave them the clothes, food, toys and more. Aunt Marie said it was her late husband's friend who helped to fund the orphanage. Eunji and Taeyeon didn't want to make Aunt Marie sad by asking about her late husband, so they both just accept it.

After high school, they continue to work at the cafe nearby full time instead of half day like when they are students. But a few weeks before their birthday, a woman in suit and a man with driver suit came to the orphanage. Eunji and Taeyeon think it was just another donator but shocked when the woman asked to talk to them. Together with Aunt Marie, they enter the office with the woman while the driver stays outside.

 

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

 

"I'm here on behalf of late Mr. Kim and Mrs. Jung." the woman started.

"I know... Its time is it?" Aunt Marie said sadly. The twin is confused but they are taught to not meddle when the older are talking.

"Yeah... they're grown to become a beautiful girl didn’t they?" the woman smile to the twin before pulled out a file.

"Ms. Eunji and Ms. Taeyeon, I'm Seo Juhyun, or you can call me Seohyun, your parent's lawyer. I'm here today to brief both of you on what you will go after your 18th birthday as been write in this will."

Eunji and Taeyeon looked at Aunt Marie and saw her smile warmly to them, nodding her head like saying that they should believe her.

"Okay... But first, who's our parent?" Taeyeon being the older one (by 1 minute only) asked.

Lawyer Seo, smiled before pulled out a picture of a man and a woman in front of a building. "That is Kim Heechul and Jung Seo Yeon, or she goes with Jessica. Your parent. Both of them went missing a few months after your birth leaving you two with Aunt Marie. They both are on their way to a party organized by their friends with Uncle Jason who is their driver and also Aunt Marie husband. Their body are not found till this day and the only thing they found are your parents belonging in the car on the roadside with Uncle Jason body a few meters away from the car, he passed away because of heart attack. The police are already closed the case but some of your parent's people still searching for clue." Seohyun explained. Eunji and Taeyeon already in tears.

"That's means... There's a chance they're still alive, right?" Eunji asked, sniffing.

"Well, we still believe so even though it’s been almost 18 years based on the clue we found along our investigation" Seohyun said smiling warmly to the twin.

"Then... why did you come here?" Taeyeon asked. She looked a little bit calm than Eunji even there's tear on her eyes.

"Before I tell you, I need to explain to you about what we found all these years. To start off, your parent, Mr. Kim and Mrs. Jung since your mother want to keep her last name and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter