The other way.

The other way.

Tine couldn't believe his eyes.

He was too stunned to say anything. He didn't trust his judgement now when all he felt was sadness and rage. It wasn't his first heartbreak but he would rather not be reminded of how it felt, especially not when it was basically the happiest point of their relationship. 

It was their first anniversary and Tine had invited her out to a fancy dinner. It went well at firstㅡshe loved the flowers and the restaurant was perfect. Tine had planned to give the ring to her once they were alone in the car, away from prying eyes but looks like he's going to have to throw the ring away.

He walked towards where a girl and a guy sitting so close to each other, as if there was never a distance between them. They didn't even break apart when they saw Tine and it took everything in him to not snatch the guy's collar and beat him to pulp right there and then.

"Mint?"

The girl, Mint, avoided his eyes. At least, Tine thought, she felt an ounce of shame at getting caught but it didn't make the pain less hurtful. His chest still felt so heavy like he was not allowed to breath and if he stayed long enough, he would eventually fall unconscious.

"I will leave."

Tine turned around on his heels and pat himself mentally for holding back his tears at least until he was all by himself. He sat on the ground at the back of his car in the parking lot, hugging his knees to hide his crying face. He cried until it made him exhausted and finally stopped, deciding that he didn't even feel remotely better.

"Hey!"

When he looked up, there was a guy standing in front of him. He was peeking curiously at him with big beady eyes that looked a bit scary if it wasn't for the fact that the stranger was handsome. Tine had a crazy thought that the guy might be a ghost. He sighed in relief when he saw that his feet were on the ground.

"You were crying so hard for so long, are you okay?" The stranger tilted his head and Tine still found the gesture creepy because he had a straight face on.

Tine stood up and dusted off his trousers. He shook his head in reply, turning around to go to his car but a hand stopped him. He looked down at the handkerchief on the guy's hand then at the stranger, noticing that his gaze had somewhat softened.

"I'm okay." Tine replied hoarsely, taking the handkerchief anyway.

The fabric was wet after he wiped his entire face and he could hear the stranger's breathy laugh which sounded more like a scoff. He turned his head towards the guy who looked like he didn't want Tine to see the expression on his face. "Are you making fun of me?"

The stranger shook his head, looking a bit puzzled at his accusation. "I'm not." he replied and felt the need to hold up his hands like Tine had a gun pointed at him. It was ridiculous, he thought.

"You offered this handkerchief because you thought it was funny that I cried, right?" Tine didn't mean to go off at the stranger but he felt a bit too sensitive at the moment. Of course, he couldn't expect the stranger to understand and he didn't expect him to.

Tine felt guilt started to eat him up when he saw the stranger's eyes. "I just wanted to help you. If you don't want it then give it back to me." he said with furrowed brows while reaching out to take the handkerchief from Tine's hand, which he quickly put away in his pocket.

"No, it's dirty."

The stranger looked at him in disbelief but didn't say anything. They fell into a silence long enough until Tine spoke without thinking. "Do you want to go with me?" He regretted it at first but he knew he couldn't take it back when the stranger nodded, though still looked a bit unsure why a stranger would ask to go with him.

Tine didn't have the energy left to refuse when the stranger pulled him away from his car and let the guy dragged him to the motorbike parking area. He took the helmet offered to him and glared at the stranger. "I said go with me. When did I agree to go with you?"

The stranger just chuckled and shook his head before getting on to the bike and gestured for Tine to get on the passenger seat at the back. He had never been the passenger on a sport bike and although it might kill his waist later, he didn't think it was that bad to just sit and feel the cool breeze and have someone drive you around.

"Hold on tight."

Before Tine could process what the stranger was saying, his body was thrown forward as the stranger sped up. Panicked, he circled his arms around the stranger's waist. He became kinda annoyed trying to keep a distance because their helmets kept hitting against each other, so Tine leaned his head on the stranger's shoulder.

Tine felt a bit sleepy when they finally stopped. He looked up and saw that they were in some park that he couldn't recognize. It was going to be the end of him if the stranger turned out to be a kidnapper or a murderer. He could take him out easily without a fight and maybe he would end up deadㅡhonestly, it didn't sound so bad.

"I'm not a murderer, don't worry."

Tine turned to look at the stranger. He wasn't a murderer but a mind reader. "How do you know what I'm thinking?"

"I don't think it's weird to think about that at this point." The stranger shrugged and walked ahead of him. Tine stared at the stranger's back and noticed how they were almost the same height. They were probably the same age too, judging from how casual the stranger was addressing him or maybe he just assumed they were.

There was some kind of a festival at the park that sold a lot of street food. It had been a long time since he felt this excited about going around shops to buy food that he forgot he was heartbroken. The stranger seemed to have done a great job in keeping him distracted.

"Hmm. I forgot how good this is." Tine hummed pleasantly before at the ringo ame in his hand. He liked the sweet taste of the candy in his tongue and the hard texture of the apple in his mouth as he chewed it all in no time. He snatched the Thai dessert from the plate made of banana leaves in the stranger's hands next.

"You can have it." The stranger gave the dessert to him in the end.

Tine giggled as he took the dessert. "Really? Thanks."

The stranger only hummed in reply and it was silence between them. They were sitting at a bench, facing a river where there was not many people around. The night view with the tiny lights around was breathtaking and Tine had never seen something like this with his ex-girlfriend before. What a waste of his life.

"Right," Tine spoke once there was no food in his mouth. "What do you want me to call you?" he asked and turned his head to look at the stranger who had his eyes focused on the view before them.

"Sarawat is fine, I guess."

"Why are you always shrugging?" Tine frowned but thought about the unusual name the stranger had but it might not even be his real name. It sounded like templeㅡhe wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't his real name but somehow it fit him. "I'm Tine." he finally decided after contemplating whether he gave the stranger his real name or not.

"Okay." Sarawat nodded and for once not shrug in reply to everything Tine said. He turned his head to look at Tine too when he said that, making him wonder why he should be getting this much attention from the guy. "I'm sorry for what my friend did." 

Then, Tine felt his heart drop but found that he couldn't say anything to that. He just stared, everything started to fall in place. "You feel pity for me?" he felt nothing but anger when he grabbed Sarawat by the collar. He didn't know why he felt disappointed when he shouldn't be. He had lost all the energy to think, to fight and to be furious.

"Why would I? I feel pity for them, not you." Sarawat said, calmly placing his hands over Tine's. They were shaking. "If you want to hit me, go ahead." He said while turning one side of his face towards Tine as if to prove his words that he would let Tine hit him.

"Why should I hit you?" Tine let his hands fall limp in Sarawat's hands that were still holding onto them against the collar of his shirt. Sarawat then slowly put them down and let go of them after making sure Tine was calm enough to talk. 

There was a slight hint of smile at the corners of Sarawat's mouth after he said that, Tine didn't want to but noticed anyway despite the minimum amount of lighting around them. "I won't say sorry for bringing your here, though." Sarawat said just to fish Tine's reaction, he only laughed when there wasn't much of it.

"I didn't notice you were there." Tine smiled down bitterly, remembering the scene he tried to forget over and over again in his mind. It still hurt like hell but he found that recalling it wasn't as hard as it was before and it hadn't even been twenty four hours.

Sarawat hummed.

"Why did you follow me?" Tine turned to look at the guy next to him.

"In case you did something stupid?" There the shrug again. "But instead of doing something stupid, you just cried." Sarawat grinned and Tine couldn't help but notice that it was the first major expression that he showed since they met. Sarawat was really handsome.

"You just wanted to tease me, bastard." Tine nudged him with his shoulder but found himself smiling. He then remembered about the ring in his pocket and pulled it out. "I'm really an idiot." he said, staring at the box. He was glad it wasn't a wedding ring and that he wasn't crazy enough to propose now.

Tine flung the box towards the river. He barely saw it make a ripple when it got into the water but he couldn't care less. Sarawat just watched him as he laughed. It ended for good, the one-year relationship. Tine wasn't sure if he wanted to find someone else but for now, he just wanted to forget.

They stopped at a bar on their way back. At first, Tine didn't want to get drunk but feeling that it was better with alcohol in his system, he drank more and eventually got so drunk he almost passed out if it wasn't for Sarawat stopping and reminding him that they still had a bike ride before getting Tine's car at the mall's parking lot.

It was quite a struggle to stay awake during the bike ride but the night breeze kept him alert, at least of the fact that he was on a bike. Tine refused to let the helmet get in the way, so he took it off before leaning his whole weight against Sarawat's back. He put his head on Sarawat's shoulder, eyes falling closed. "Mmm. You're warm."

Sarawat nudged him with his shoulder. "Hey, don't fall asleep."

Tine managed to stay awake until they arrived at the parking lot but seeing how drunk he was, Sarawat took charge in driving Tineㅡwho passed out in the passenger seat the second he sat thereㅡhome. With Tine's drunken direction, they finally arrived at their destination. It took fifteen minutes longer.

They managed to get into Tine's room safely. Sarawat was putting him on the bed when Tine's arms shot out and circled around his neck, ceasing him of any movement. From his point of view, Sarawat looked so handsome and maybe it was the alcohol, but Tine didn't want him to go, yet. He started tearing up at the thought of Sarawat leaving.

"Wha- Tine, don't cry, please." There was a hint of panic in his voice and it made Tine giggle. It was cute, he wanted to see how Sarawat would handle this.

"Not cry if you don't leave me." Tine said with a pout as he tightened his hold on the back of Sarawat's shirt.

"I won't leave." Sarawat said slowly. "Now, let go." His shirt crumpled at the back and choking him at the front. He was going to die due to out of breath if Tine didn't let go. Why was he holding onto it so hard anyway? Was he really afraid of him leaving?

"Promise?"

"Promise." 

Tine finally let go but his arms were still around Sarawat's neck. Well, at least nothing was choking him now, right? Sarawat thought but the position started to exhaust him. He wasn't really up for an exercise.

"Why is everyone leaving me?" came Tine's voice after awhile. He sounded really sad.

Sarawat looked at the drunk man under him. He looked so distraught, as if the feelings were accumulated and decided to appear all at once right now. "Who said that? I'm not going anywhere... if you don't want me to." Sarawat said, his voice a whisper at the last words.

"Sarawat."

"Hmm?"

Tine tried to open his eyes to look at Sarawat. "Are you a human or a microwave?"

It made Sarawat chuckle. "What if I'm neither?"

Tine's eyes widened. "Explains why you're attractive as hell."

Neither of them expected that but at that moment, Sarawat thought that Tine looked really, really cute. He found him cute since the beginning but he felt that he could openly think about how cute Tine was as a man. Tine frowned when he saw Sarawat smiling. "Why are you smiling? Stop smiling, you look so much like a-"

Tine wasn't so sure at first but the next second, he was certain that it was Sarawat's lips on his mouth, cutting off his rambling about how Sarawat's smile looked kinda dumb. Tine kept the thoughts in his head as he felt Sarawat lips moved slowly against his. It was warm and wet as soon as Tine opened his mouth to let Sarawat's tongue in.

Their tongues just slid lazily against each other at the beginning, tasting the taste of alcohol on each other's mouth until it heated up. Tine had his eyes shut the whole time, feeling Sarawat kissed every part of his mouth like it was some form of worshiping. The action made him weak, if it wasn't for the fact that he was already so weak and he was just thankful that they were in bed.

"Hnnn." Tine let out a sound he didn't know he was capable of making when Sarawat nibbled and on his lower lip. Had kissing always been this good?

Tine opened his eyes when Sarawat pulled away, his hands were still cradling his headㅡhe could feel his fingers playing with Tine's hair absentmindedly. "You look so adorable." The guy said with a really soft voice that Tine almost missed it. There was a hint of arousal in his eyes but he knew he was holding it back.

"And you couldn't resist?" Tine teased with a dopey smile.

Sarawat nodded. "Are you into guys too?"

"I might be just into you. Who knows?"

Sarawat let out a breathy laugh before telling him with a smile. "Don't get my hopes up."

Tine had no idea when the guy had climbed into the bed and straddled his hips, probably at one point during their make-out. He was a little sobered up now and Sarawat still looked as attractive as ever, so it wasn't alcohol. "You'd rather I break your heart right now?"

Sarawat nodded, staring into his eyes. Tine felt heat creeping up his face. He wasn't sure but at the same time, he had never been this sure before. Now that he was sober, he could feel his heart beating so fast being this close to Sarawat. Maybe, he swings the other way too.

Tine just smiled and before Sarawat could speak, he pulled him down and crashed their lips together for another long, heated kiss.