[special]

a family affair.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kyungsoo puts up a wolf and a rabbit plush in his hands, “Which one do you like?” The two-year-old toddler nibbles on his napkin, drool ready to dribble down his chin. A small hand extends towards the rabbit at first. 

 

Kyungsoo is already pouting but then, the wolf is selected. The boy claps proudly after settling the rabbit on his lap, “Good job, Sehunnie. It looks like you know you look like Baba, don’t you?” Little Sehun nods curtly, attention on the toy now.

 

He squeezes the plush with his little fists, the drool finally reaching his shirt. Kyungsoo snatches the baby wipes and sits next to the toddler. He rubs it away nice and slow so that his skin will not hurt.

 

“You’re a life changer, Sehunnie. I’m glad you were born as a little brother to me,” Kyungsoo hoards his arms around the two-year-old dearly. Little Sehun peers up to his brother with his blinking eyes. Kyungsoo sends him a questioning smile, “What is it?”

 

A small palm attaches to Kyungsoo’s cheek. Sehun beams, “Kyung cute.” Kyungsoo blinks twice before blowing a raspberry to the toddler’s fleshy cheek, “You’re the cute one, Sehunnie!” Just then, someone’s stomach makes a loud rumble.

 

Kyungsoo blushes, covering his face with his palm, “Oops.” Little Sehun giggles wholeheartedly and Kyungsoo follows suit. “Kyung hungry?” The boy nods, “Yes, I am. I’m sure Baba is almost done. Let’s play a little more, okay?” 

 

Sehun nods aggressively once he hears the word ‘play’. He seizes the rabbit plush and shoves it to his twelve-year-old brother. Kyungsoo deposits a kiss on Sehun’s cheek as a thank you. Feet coming to a still at the sight, a soft smile carves Junmyeon’s mouth.

 

They are so adorable until his heart aches in a good way. Not wanting to disturb their playtime, he hurries to the kitchen to make breakfast but he stops by the door when he spots someone else is already preparing it. 

 

Junmyeon leans his shoulder against the door frame with his arms crossed against his chest, observing the broad back of his husband cooking something which smells so delicious. Junmyeon woke up panicking when he realized he overslept today.

 

His husband returned around midnight after his business trip and it had been almost a week they have not seen each other. Junmyeon feels his neck warming up by recollecting how Yifan woke him up with a peck when he was asleep. 

 

Their sweet kisses soon turned to heated ones and before they knew it, Junmyeon started stripping the taller from his costly suit which looked so godly good on his figure. When he woke up, the crumpled clothes and the soiled sheets are all gone.

 

He was in his husband’s clothes too so here he is now after a quick shower. Junmyeon has a big smile on his face. His heart feels so full of happiness. “Good morning,” He greets with a back hug, mushing his face into the broad back he misses the most.

 

“Morning,” Yifan expertly peels him away with an arm and pulls him in a hug, planting a kiss on his head before peering down to him with so much love. Junmyeon sends him the smile Yifan loves the most but then, he pouts, “Why didn’t you wake me up?”

 

Yifan nudges their noses together, gaze turning sad for a moment, “Sorry. You looked too cute so I couldn’t.” The shorter male slaps his husband on the chest with an eye-roll, “I’m thirty-five, Yifan. I’m too old to be called cute.”

 

“Still cute,” Yifan shrugs, turning him away from the stove to focus on the rice briefly, keeping him at his side with an arm coiled around the smaller’s waist. Junmyeon leans into the sturdy chest, taking in his husband’s scent he misses the most.

 

One week felt like a month.

 

The video-chats were always filled with Sehun’s blabbers and Kyungsoo’s animated stories of what they did. By the time they calmed down and dozed off, it would be his turn but he could see how tired and drowsy Yifan was until Junmyeon did not have the heart to continue so he would end it simply with a wish of good night sleep. 

 

“Being next to you is the best thing,” Junmyeon confesses after recollecting the memories, arms tightening around the taller from the side. “Yeah? Me too. I was dying to go home,” Yifan admits, liking the grip around his waist, “Wait for a while. I need to put this in a bowl.”

 

Junmyeon untangles his arms, “I’ll get the table ready and—” “You don’t have to,” Yifa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter