Pizza and IceCream

Pizza and IceCream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

———Friday Evening———

"Ow!" Rocky jetted his hand away from the popcorn bag. It was hotter than . . . well, hotter than that new boyfriend Bin was always raving about. Rocky decided that was the highest on the scale of heat he could think of as he prodded inside the microwave with an oven mitt, sliding the bag out and into a bowl.

"You alright there, Rocky?" Bin took a sip of his cola as he entered the kitchen, waving a finger accusingly, "oh, you burnt the popcorn again, didn't you." he chuckled as Rocky’s face turned sour, he was a good enough chef so why do popcorns have a hatred for him.

"No! I didn't this time," Rocky pouted, "It just needs to cool a bit. . ." he frowned as Bin neared the bag, "You're going to burn yourself."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not- OW!" Bin nearly dropped his cola, shoving his fingers into the sink and running the cold water. "Okay, okay, I'm ready for the 'I told you so' lecture."

"I told you so," Rocky mocked in a sing-song voice that he uses when Bin shows his clumsy side, as he picked up the video Bin had rented out, "hmm. . . I read the book this was made from."

"Really. . .” Bin teased, "I bet you the movie is better."

"That's an opinion. At least I know this isn't going to be one of -those- movies you like . . ." Rocky trailed off, not wishing to even touch on the subject.

"Good times," Bin smirked.

"Does Dongmin know that you’re like that." Rocky muttered.

"I heard that!” Bin protested, "And He’s much more erted, thank you very much . . . last night with him. Heh." He smirked, "-That's- a different story."

"I don't want to know."

"Good, 'cause I'm not tellin'." Bin took another swig of his cola as he sank back on the couch. Rocky joined him with a bowl of popcorn that would no longer scorch your hands. Bin refused to try it, however, because he swore the popcorn would turn on him again. Rocky just laughed. They had great fun together. Every Friday night was movie night at Rocky’s studio. Bin would normally talk about his newest boyfriend and Rocky would talk about work, and it was an escape from the prison of day-in, day-out life where you can barely talk without someone's permission.

Well, Rocky was amazed at Bin’s recent relationship. It wasn't a one-night stand, in fact it had been going nearly two months now and Bin seemed completely smitten, more like he was whipped. He had been pitiful towards Bin in the past with the past bad relationships his friend had to suffer through, but now that his best friend truly found someone, he was so happy for him, and couldn't wait to meet this Dongmin. . . after all, he did have his duties as the best friend, rocky smiled. That sounded odd, but he supposed that it was right. They were just like brothers.

A loud rapping could be heard at the door. Rocky nearly jumped.

"Who's that?!"

"Oh, yeah," Bin piped in nonchalantly, "Forgot to tell you I ordered pizza, because I was starving. Dongmin’s the model of this pizza parlor and his best friends running it you know." *knock knock* "Hope you like pepperoni."

"Well I hope you're paying." Rocky walked to the other side of the room, his hand hovering over the doorknob. *knock knock knock*

"What are you kidding? I'm broke."

"What?!"

*knock knock knock knock*

"COMING!" Rocky yelled through a sigh, getting out his wallet and opening the door. He would have said 'hello' had a pizza not been shoved in his face.

"Geez, what a heavy pizza!" The pizza guy whined, "Could you have ordered any more toppings?"

Rocky took the box from the pizza guy, lowering it from his eyes, and leaving them fixated on a beautifully shaped face and a grateful grin, though he kept his face stoic a tremendous blush was beginning to take root in his cheeks.

"Hey, thanks!" the pizza guy smiled at him. Rocky melted but kept his face as solid as a rock.

"Ahem!" Bin elbowed Rocky teasingly, snapping him back into reality, "Rocky, why don't you give the nice, handsome man his money. . ."

"Jinjin" the pizza guy announced, giving the pizza to Bin.

"hmm?" Bin gave him a good, hard, clueless stare.

"That's my name," he pointed to a small nametag on the right-hand corner of his uniform, "Jinwoo Park at your service."

"Ah!" Bin answered, "Great," Bin took a ten-dollar bill from a blushing Rocky and handed it to the pizza guy. "Here ya go, Jinjin. Keep the change, and say 'hi' to Dongmin from Bin."

"Oh, hey, you're his new boyfriend, right? Saw you one time when MJ was screaming about ducks" Jinjin grinned, taking the money, but then raised his eyebrows mockingly, looking quickly from Bin to Rocky " . . . not cheating on him are you?"

Rocky looked up, the blush carrying over to his anger, about to protest when Bin ruffled his hair in a chuckle. Rocky bristled.

"Little Minhyukie?" Bin grinned as Rocky swatted away his hand,

"Don't call me that . . ." the shorter pouted, and Bin took the opportunity to ignore him completely.

" . . . nah. He's still single . . . been looking for a nice guy for him, though."

"Moon Bin!" Rocky blushed furiously. There were some things you just -didn't- tell to strangers. -That- was one of them. Rocky was surprised when he looked to Jinjin’s face and it looked at him with intrigue, his eyes crunched up curiously... damn he was really cute with his crescent shaped eyes. Rocky kept his face neutral trying not to show his emotions but his face felt hot.

"Then I guess I'll have to stop by sometime," Jinjin winked, breaking into a light laugh at the blush, that now couldn't be mistaken, creeping across Rocky’s face. "You're really cute. You know that?" Jinjin said outright, his cheeks turning slightly rosy as well. There was a bit of an awkward silence.

"Hey, hey!" Bin came close to Jinjin, whispering in his ear, "I know MJ wouldn't be happy to hear you've been flirting on the job." Rocky raised his eyebrows, curious to know what Bin had said.

"R-Right!" Jinjin jumped back out of the door nervously, more so because he was so obvious than fear of the wrath of MJ. Jinwoo Park does not flirt and the first time he did he was that obvious. "Have a nice night, and enjoy the pizza!" He waved as he turned away. Bin closed the door quickly, smirking at Rocky as he held the handle. Jinjin slapped his face as the door closed behind him.

"You lucky, lucky boy," Bin chuckled, walking into the kitchen corner.

"W-what do you mean," Rocky asked innocently, still a little shaky.

"That guy was totally coming onto you!" Bin said, dropping his empty cola can in the sink and grabbing a beer from the fridge, "Don't even try telling me you didn't notice how hot he was. I saw the way you looked at him. 'Course not as hot as Dongminnie, but I still say you got pretty lucky. . . considering all we had to do was order pizza."

"Wha- I-" Rocky was dumbfounded. Was Bin right? I mean, Jinjin was hot, and he couldn't deny that he was attracted to him. I mean, how couldn't he be . . . but to say that Jinjin was coming onto him was a bit of a stretch. It would just be too perfect. Nothing ever happens that way. I mean, come on! Love at first sight . . . with a pizza guy?

Rocky put his hand to his forehead. There was no way this was happening to him. He sighed, looking over to Bin who was busy sitting on the couch, stuffing his face with popcorn and watching him as if he were the feature film.

"hmm . . . " Bin reflected, realizing that he was spotted and popping another popcorn kernel into his mouth, "Why don't you just admit you like him?" (translation: I could hook you up)

"N-No!" Rocky stuttered, unable to think correctly.

"Why not?"

"Because I don't!" He blushed again, thinking about what Jinjin had said . . . No No No, Minhyuk was a rock and rock’s don’t do soft romantic stuff

"HE likes you,” Bin noted slyly, flipping open the pizza box lid and taking a slice for himself. He gestured the box to his younger friend. "C'mon. Pizza's good for the soul . . . can't do much damage to the heart with the grease, you know, so you should at least give it a chance."

". . ." Rocky gave Bin a glaringly suspicious look as he took a slice. Rocky was no idiot, and he knew exactly what Bin was talking about, but that wasn't going to stop him from eating a slice of good pizza. Geez, Jinjin was right, how many toppings are there on here? Better question: what the heck is on here?! Maybe he'd just set it aside for a minute. Besides. . .

". . . the movie's starting,“ Rocky announced, clutching the tub of popcorn possessively instead, and praying that Bin would just leave the subject alone. There was a moment awkward silence.

". . . um . . . Beer?" Bin offered his can, trying to make amends. "You know, Freud praised alcohol for lessening inhibitions."

"I don't like him!"

"Freud or Jinjin?"

"B-both!" Rocky stuttered angrily.

"Just saying. . ." Bin sighed, trying to think of a way to salvage the conversation, "Ever heard the saying 'the lady doth protest too much'?" Bin quoted smartly, causing Rocky to blush angrily and throw a couch pillow in the noise's general direction as the opening credits came up.

———Saturday Morning ———

This was a mission of friendship.

Rocky clutched the post-it note in his hand tightly, crinkling it unintentionally. This address was for the mall. He was already there, but his heart wouldn't stop pounding. ONLY for Bin, he would do something like this. He hardly believed he said yes to meeting Bin’s boyfriend last night, but to be persuaded this morning to go ALONE was a different story entirely.

He must be insane.

Well, too late, now. Here it is. Rocky looked up at the restaurant's sign, 'Pizza Love by Astro'. He nearly choked. This was just. . . too much.

So, he had confessed last night that he liked Jinjin a little, because there was no use hiding it. He hadn't been thinking straight since last night. For example; Rocky poured orange juice in his coffee and put milk in his orange juice, and got a bit of a surprise when he tasted the two. Bin noted that he was, 'not insane, just infatuated', but Rocky still wasn't sure there was a difference in the two.

In any case, Rocky shook his head, snapping back into the world that wasn't Jinjin. He stuffed the post-it in his pocket and walked in.

He looked up to the empty place, and saw the chef in an apron spinning dough on his fists. This chef was slightly different though . . . in that he happened to have platinum hair and now that he thought of it, Rocky thought he looked awfully like. . .

". . .!!!!!" Rocky panicked upon the realization, grabbing a chair facing the opposite direction, and nearly fell into it.

Of course, that guy just has to be working here today. I'm going to kill Bin as soon as I can get out of here.

Rocky tried to think straight; different ways to mutilate Bin, what MJ might look like, so he can ask about who Dongmin is, but it was futile thinking about anything else. The pounding in his ears was too loud, and all he could think about was whether or not Jinjin was looking at him. It fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter