Malfunction?

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

24 December 2034

 

Yoohyeon POV

Ugh...I’m still sleepy. I open my eyes slowly and see Minji hugging me. I smile and kiss her cheek.

“Hmm? Yoohyeon? What time is it?”

“Did I wake you up? I’m sorry.”

“No no it’s okay.” Minji sits up and stretches her arms and body. It’s like looking at a Goddess. She’s so beautiful and perfect. I’m so lucky to be her girlfriend.

“Come on puppy. We should go down and see Moonbyul.” Moonbyul? OH. I almost forgot about her. I decided to go down first and look for her while Minji takes a bath. I look around the house but I can’t seem to find her. Where is she?

“Moonbyul! Where are you!” I shouted but no reply. I decided to check on the 2nd floor and it turns out she's inside Minji’s room. I see her lying on the bed and decide to wake her up. “Byul, get up. Where’s the on button?” I wonder for a minute and shake the girl gently. She’s not waking up so I decided to text Irene in hope for some answers.

 

KY: Yah Irene, how do I turn her on?

JH: Minji?? With ??? Are you or what?

KY: NOT THAT KIND OF TURN ON

KY: I MEAN YOUR ROBOT YOU IDIOT. SHE’S SLEEPING. HOW DO I ACTIVATE HER AGAIN

JH: OH THAT KIND OF TURN ON LOL

JH: She’ll be awake at 8. Do you want to change it or something?

KY: No, it’s okay. I’m just a bit confused. Anyway, how do I charge her?

JH: She can restore her energy by sleeping, or shut her system down to be exact. I’m planning to make her run on solar power but it’s still being improved, so, yeah. Hopefully, we can install it next week.

KY: Oh okay, thanks!

 

I put her phone down and left her. I walk to the bathroom and find it empty, so I decide to take a bath. The feeling of warm water hitting my skin is divine. I relax at the feeling and let my body drown in the warm water, releasing the tension on my shoulders. Once I finish, I head to the kitchen because of my growling stomach and find Minji and Byul cooking together.

“Whoa, you can cook?!” I’m quite amazed at how skilled her hand is at cutting. Byul just nodded silently and continued cutting the beef. “What are you making?”

“Beef bulgogi. Could you help too?” Minji said and I happily helped them. We had a great morning, just lazing around all day and doing nothing but cuddle. We’re watching TV when my phone rings. I decided to check it.

“Who’s that babe?”

“It’s Wendy. I wonder what happened.” I picked up the call.

 

W: Hi Rachel! It’s been a while!

YH: Hi Wendy. Are you in Korea at the moment?

W: Yeah! In fact, I wanted to meet up with you and Solar. It’s been a while after all. Let’s drink like old times!

YH: I don’t drink, but I’ll be there. When?

W: Next wednesday. I’ll be waiting! You can bring your girlfriend too if you want.

YH: Wednesday, huh? I guess I could. What time?

W: 1 PM, how about it?

YH: I’ll come a bit late. I need to run an errand.

W: Alright! See you next wednesday!

YH: See you!

 

With that, I hung up and put down my phone. I decided to tell Minji about my plan with Wendy and Solar.

“Babe. I’m meeting up with some old friends Wednesday, around 1 PM. Can you please drop Byul off to Irene’s place before you work?” Minji nodded and we continued to cuddle while watching some movies. I purposely play the film ‘I, Robot’ and ‘Terminator’, hoping Byul would learn about AI too. Her eyes glued to the screen during the whole movie, but of course her expression remains still. When the movie ends, I was hoping for some reaction from her, but she didn’t say a thing.I’m a bit disappointed but well, I guess it’s fine. My eyes feel tired after watching TV for almost 5 hours. I decided to have a little fun.

“Minji.” I whispered in her ears. “Why don’t we head upstairs and bang? I miss your touch.” I notice the change of expression in Minji’s face and she smirks. She nodded.

“Byul, we’ll be in our room if you need us. If you want, you can continue watching.” Byul nodded and I dragged Minji upstairs for a little fun.

//

 

Moonbyul POV

I decided to watch a bit more. I can just download it, but I wanted to watch it on TV. I played a movie called ‘Robocop’. It’s a good story, it got a good review too, but I do see this Alex Murphy guy as a human. He still has a heart, brain, so maybe that’s why he can feel emotions through

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter