New Prototype

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

23 December 2034

 

??? POV

“Hi.” I open my eyes and see a beautiful woman sitting across me. “Can you hear me? If you can, please respond”

“Yes. I can hear your voice.” I responded with a flat tone. Where am I? Who am I?

“Good! Now, can you turn your head to the right?” I did exactly as she said and saw a reflection. Is that me?

“Now turn your head to the left.” I did and saw a woman standing on my left scribbling. She looked at me and smiled.

“Good. Now look at me.” I return my focus to the woman in front of me. “My name is Joohyun, though everyone calls me Irene here. I will be taking care of you.” Taking care? Me? What’s wrong with me?

“We’ll tell you the details later. Now, can you get up and walk?” I did what she asked and took a step slowly.

“Great! Prototype-7 is working! She’s doing better than before.” Prototype-7? Is that my name?

“Now then, I’m gonna let you rest.” After she finished her sentences, the woman named Joohyun approached me and turned off my power source, making my body lifeless.

 

Normal POV

“We did it Irene! Finally! She’s working quite well, isn’t she?”

“She’s still a prototype, we can’t be too sure. She still needs some upgrades, don’t you think so?” Irene is still unsure about her prototype. She looked so fragile.

“Nope, she’s perfect.” A blue-haired girl interrupts their conversation.

“Oh hi Wheein! Back from your break I see.”

“Yes. I think Sooyoung’s looking for you just now. She’s waiting for some report.” Irene nodded and left the room. Wheein turns her attention to the  robot. She can see a lot of wires are attached to her back, nape, hand, head, legs, well, almost everywhere. “Yeri, how is the test just now?”

“Oh she’s doing great! She understands and can respond to our speech. Her full nerve system also works! She can walk now. I remember the last time we tested her, she can’t move her legs. That was a bit annoying though, turns out some wires were misplaced. We fixed her though and she’s doing better!”

“What did you call her?”

“Prototype-7, but I want to find a better name. It’s tiring calling her prototype-7, why not something short?”

“Well, we can let the owner decide, right?”

//

“So, her system is working now.” Irene explains to the girl sitting in front of her. Park Sooyoung, but everyone calls her Joy.

“Yes, good. Now, before we release her into the public, we should test her, don’t you think?” Irene smirks.

“I have a plan.”

//

“Hey, you’re back Hyun. So, what are the upgrades you’re saying?” Irene smirks. She took a pencil and a paper and started drawing something. Yeri and Wheein only waited for the older girl to finish her drawing.

“I’m done!” She slams the pencil on the table, surprising the two.

"I'm planning to change her appearance and make her look more, human. Artificial skin would suffice. As for her human appearance, fashion and things, I’m leaving it to Wheein. Yeri, help me out with this.” Irene opens her laptop and shows a picture of hexagonal hexes with details on the background. “These hexes will help her detect heat, cold, just like human cells! If we use this, she’ll-”

“Wait, are you sure?” Yeri looked worried.

“Why?”

“Hmm, nothing. Let’s start making it then.”

//

“Alright, I’ve uploaded necessary information inside this drive. I’ll install it to prototype later. Now, let’s turn her on.” Irene said as she started to reboot the machine in front of her. It took a few seconds before the robot opened its eyes.

“Hello, prototype-7. You’re awake.” The robot just stared at Irene’s face blankly. Well, she’s a robot, what’re you expecting?

“Hello, Irene.”

“You remember me! That’s great. Now then, Yeri will touch you and you’ll tell me where she’s touching you, okay?”

“Okay.” The robot stays still and Yeri moves behind her, touching her in random places.

“My torso. My nape. My arms.” It said. Yeri was amazed. Their prototype cells work pretty well.

“Correct! Good one. Now, can you tell me the temperature of this room and do you feel cold or hot?” It took her only a split second before stating the room temperature and said it’s supposed to be cold for humans. Irene smiled and felt really proud.

“Let me see her!” Joy suddenly barges into the room and sees the humanoid standing with wires attached to it. “Wow, she looks perfect!”

“Yup! We’ll just wait for Wheein to add some finishing touches and she’s ready for the test.” Joy nodded and the prototype just stared at her before uttering some words.

“Real name: Park Soo Young. Nickname: Joy. Age: 23. Occupation: inventor. Status: Single. Zodiac: Virgo. Birth place: Jeju-si. Date of birth: 3rd September, 1996.” The prototype said with an emotionless face. Joy smiled.

“Yup, that’s me. Just call me Joy-wait, how did she know all this?”

“I’ve uploaded some information into her brain. She practically knows everything about us. As long the information is present on the internet, she can access it.”

“So it’s a she then.” Wheein walks in casually, bringing a wig and some clothes. “Now, if you please, I’m gonna dress her up.” She approaches the prototype but Yeri stops her.

“Wait, we haven’t applied artificial skin yet.” Wheein let out a low chuckle.

“I know, you can do that later, right? Just let me dress her up first.” She placed the wigs on the prototype head and held a plain white shirt in front of her. 

//

“I know I’ve said this, but I’m gonna say it again. She’s perfect!” What they see is a humanoid, yet she looks so human. Real human with hair, clothes, abil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter