Vacation

Summer Paradise

You are walking back to your house feeling exhuasted after your long day at school. Suddenly, you received a notification. 

"Congratulations! You are the chosen one. Enjoy your one week vacation in Siargao with the one and only Kim Chaewon. Please contact us as soon as you receive this—" 

You didn't know what to do. You asked yourself "is this true? Oh my god if its not, i'm gonna kill whoever made this ." Even though you have your doubt you still tried to look for confirmation. Visiting their official page, there is it. Your picture together with messages, congratulating you for winning the raffle entry. It feels surreal. You did not expected to be chosen and yet you are. And to think that is it a one week vacation with your crush/idol. ONE WEEK. After confirming it, you started packing your stuffs. Tomorrow will be the start of your dreams. Meanwhile, in the corner of the street there is a girl watching you through your window.

Here is it. Today is the day. Everything is settled though you won't be in the same flight as Chaewon but still you will be staying in one room. Anxious, you start to overthink. You have been preoccupied for awhile and did not notice that your service car has arrived. After entering the car, your thoughts came back and made you anxious again. After arriving in Tres Islas Hotel, there's a staff waiting for you. After giving you the details about your stay and some pocket money together with your hotel keys, the staff bid her goodbye and leave. After putting your stuffs inside your room, you remembered those surfers you saw on the way. You wanted to try it but you didn't know  how. After some time, you heard your door opened and you saw Chaewon entering the room with her stuff. Telling yourself to act normal and do not panic, you approach her and introduce yourself. After that a long awkward silence filled the room. Chaewon, being a gentlewoman that she is, asked you if it's okay to share a room with her. You nodded and silence is once again comes. Feeling nervous, you asked her for his plans  for the whole week. "I love surfing. You do know how to surf? Siargao is quite famous for surfers. You know what, i can teach you how to surf. If it's okay with you?" She look awkward. Even if she is rambling, you find it cute. You accepted her offer because hell you wanted it too! Plus, this is your chance to get to know her, your crush slash idol slash the love of your life. "... And the restuarant in Cloud 9 is super yummy— wait are you listening?" You spaced out again. You didn't notice that she is only a one step away from you. " A-ahh y-yes yes i'm sorry for spacing out. I had a long day hehe sure we can do that. I would love to." Of course you didn't say your last word loud. "Anyway, you take your rest." Your train of thoughts had stopped and realization hits you. There is only one bed in your room. One bed. You look at Chaewon who is still oblivious that you will not only sharing a room but also the bed. "Uhm.. Hey." You called her. "There is only one bed here. Where do I sleep?" You heard her chuckled "We can sleep together. Or should I sleep in the couch?" "ah no no no it's okay , it's okay" The couch is not comfortable to sleep with. After cleaning yourself, you lay down and tried to get sleep. Feeling tired and anxious. This is the first that you share a bed with someone.  Not even your brother or best friend. Tomorrow is another day.


After finishing your breakfast, both of you came back to your room and change in summer outfit, you wore short shorts and a sports bra. While Chaewon only wore a biker shorts and black sando. Satisfied with your outfits, both of you left the room to start your adventure for today. "Tomorrow, we'll do island hopping. Do you know the island? It has fine white sand and cool clear waters. It got its name because of its ‘ness’ there’s no shade or almost anything on the island." You don't care about islands but hearing her talking made it exciting. "Really? Let's go there!!" Feeling excited, you finally arrived in Cloud 9 Surfing. You saw tons of surfers holding a different colors and design of their surfing board. It amaze you and at the same time made you nervous. Especially with the big waves you seeing. "Are you nervous? Don't worry i'll guide you." You startled after hearing from your behind. "Breathe. You can do this. I got you." There she go again. She made you fall in love with her. Damn that stupid smile. "Come on, let's get this !!!" She shouted running and took your hands with her. This is it. 

Okay maybe you regret it. You swear that you will never ever try surfing again. You gave up after drinking the sea water for the nth time. Feeling exhausted, you lay in the white sand and decided to just watch Chaewon. She looks so cool. The way she smoothly manuever her board. "she is ing hot.." 


"WOW." That's the first thing you said after you land your foot in Island. It really is beautiful. Whites sands, clear water and a ing handsome company. This is paradise. You thought. "Beautiful isn't it?" She asked while looking at you. You didn't know if its the view or you that is beautiful but of course you won't ask her that. She bring out her camera and pointed at you. "keeping memories through this lens. Come on smile for me, Minmin" After several pictures, you started to exploring the islands. Sharing some stories about yourselves, the island and some silly jokes, you came back to your hotel and eat dinner.

Days past and its your last day stay in Siargao. Even though its only one week vacation, you learned a lot about her, Kim Chaewon. Not only as an amzing artist but herself. You knew that he likes surfing, she likes her streak fully cooked. She jokes around every single time and even if its only one week. Tomorrow, everything will be back to normal. No more surfers around. No more fresh seafoods (you swear this is one the best part in Siargao) and of course no more Her. Tomorrow it'll be only you. It sadden you but you understand. After all it's only a one time experience and it's enough for you. More than enough if i say. 

"Thank you for this opportunity to with you for a whole week. I enjoyed every single day, Chae. Thank you for allowing me to experience this." You sincerly said. "This is the last day of our staycation so might as well say that. I will never forget this." Chaewon did not say anything instead she took her guitar and started strumming. It's perfect day ender, you and her. Bonfire, cold breeze and beer in hand. After some random chord, a familiar song came. It's your favorite song. But how the hell she knew that? "'Cause I remember every sunset. I remember every word you said. We were never gonna say goodbye, yeah. Singing la-la-ta-ta-ta." She started singing the chorus part and you can't help to stared at her. Her voice and the way her fingers move to the rhythm. She is indeed a great artist that you love and adore. "Tell me how to get back to. Back to summer paradise with you. Yeah, and I'll be there in a heartbeat" The song is almost done. Saying the last part, Chaewon look straight into your eyes. "I'll be there in a heartbeat" 

"Chae—" "Min—" Both of you looked away after speaking in the same time. "you go ahead first." Chaewon said. "Thank you for the song. It's my favorite." You said while smiling. She smiled back but you notice that it didn't reach her eyes. "I know. I know that." She said while staring at the bonfire. "Ah i'm really crazy huh." Tears started to fall, you panicked. You didn't know whether to hug her or just stay beside her. " I just ing miss you so much. I miss you everyday. I miss your laugh, your smile. I'm sorry." You were shock. What the hell was that? You sat beside and cold breeze started to enter her body. You saw hee hugged herself and just cry. You wanted to hug her but can't touch her. Everytime you try, you just can't. "It's been 3 years, Minju. I think of you everyday. I miss you so much. I'd bought this place so that i can visit you everytime i want. I seriously wanted to hold your hands, love. I miss you." When reality hits you, memories from the past came back and you just started to cry, you scream so loud though no one could hear you. Not even her. No, she will never hear you. Do you know why? Because you died because of her. 

Yes, 3 years ago, in the same island, you died. Ah no. She killed you, your dreams and your love for her. You forgot about because you wanted to start to see her good side. And no, she don't love. Chaewon is not capable of loving someone. Her obsession took your life. She never love you but her guilts haunts her every single time she think about you. Do you really think this is indeed a summer paradise? No, this is your nightmare.