First and Last

Lips of an Angel

Sunggyu once again woke up in the middle of the winter night. Cold breezy wind wrapped around himself that putting a blanket is not enough to make him warm. Or maybe he needa someone to make him warm but sadly, that someone is gone. He lost her.

He stood up slowly, trying his best not to wake up the woman beside him and walked into his office room while his memories with someone appears on the back of his head.

Her eyesmile that can captivate anyone just by looking at those beautiful, shining eyes. Her voice that can soothe everyone and can heal their wounded hearts. How he missed those. Oh! How he miss her.

Sleepiness already left him and once again stared at her hidden photo on his desk. Hidden, because he's now with someone and he doesn't want her to get the wrong idea of having his former lover's photo but he can't just bring himself to throw it away though he already did it with her others remnants on his house.

Once again, Sunggyu was staring at his favorite photo of Eunji. It was taken when they have their date in a mall and won a mashimaro plushy in one of arcade game. She said that she wanted to have it because it reminds it of him. His eyes actually. Sunggyu remembered being mad at her thinking that she was actually teasing his small eyes but get flustered and embarassed when she told him that his eyes was her most favorite features of him.

He took her photo right after she won it and printed 2 copies of it. One for Eunji and one for him because personally, he loves the way her smile can brighten his day.

For the last months, when he stared at that specific photo, all of their happy memories were flashing back into his mind but now, when he stared at it, he no longer feels happy but loss, grief and missing someone were the first emotions he feels. He felt like an useless and worthless partner who didn't even notice his lover's condition. He was too pre-occupied on his work and belief that he was working that hard for their secured future that he didn't noticed his lover's great weight loss and her almost everyday check up schedule thus where did his hard work went?

The more he stared at her photo, the more the memories were coming back as if it all happened just yesterday and it hurts more that still, he can't do something.

That even though he was given another chance to do something in order to save her, he still can't do that something.

His cellphone rang and her name appeared. He abruptly answered the call and just like his past episodes, no one answered on the other line. He muttered her name over and over again but still, no answer.

"Please. Just at least say my name. I miss it hearing from you." He weakly muttered. Pain and loss were evident on his voice that just by hearing it of his present lover made her heart clenched for him.

Oh Hayoung is Kim Sunggyu's present girlfriend and his personal psychologist. She woke up without Sunggyu on her side and found him on his office room once again, looking at his ex's photo. She should be jealous of his actions but she can't, knowing his state right now, she feels more worried about him than being jealous.

And of course, why would she be jealous?

 

Kim Sunggyu woke up on the reality that he's having one of his episodes wherein he was brought back to those days where they were having their time of their lives and also brought him back to that painful day.

His eyes caught another photo. It was his picture with Hayoung and right after he saw that, he feels even more guilty about the fact that he's missing someone other than his own girlfriend. The fact that he still not ready to love her the way he love Eunji is making him more guilty and sad about how he treat his present girlfriend. 

Hayoung is a good friend of him before they started to date and when he loss Eunji, Hayoung was always on his side, making sure that he won't do something stupid. 

But still, months with her can't easily replace his years together with Eunji that he sometimes wished she was Eunji and that was the moment he knew what kind of an he is. 

Eunji and Hayoung were both similar in any aspects but for Sunggyu, there was this one difference between them. 

It was the way his name came out from their lips. 

With Hayoung, he feels ordinary guy who was called by her girlfriend. Nothing special thought he knew that she grew feelings for him way back then even though he dated Eunji. 

But with Eunji, the way his name escapes from her lips was much different. She says his name like he was the only man that matters. His name escapes from her sweet lips and that thought alone can make him weak. 

He looked back at his phone and saw that no one is really calling him and Eunji didn't called him.

Tears rolled down from his eyes when he realized how he longed for her.

His tears sprang more down from his eyes when he realized that he can't be with Jung Eunji anymore.

Why?

Because Jung Eunji is not living in this world anymore.

---
"Well, my girl's in the next room.
Sometimes I wish she was you
I guess we never really moved on
It's really good to hear your voice saying my name
It sounds so sweet
Coming from the lips of an angel
Hearing those words - it makes me weak
And I never wanna say goodbye
But, girl, you make it hard to be faithful
With the lips of an angel"