One.

Different Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

author note ; i will not include a name in this chapter. i wanted to spice it up and let you guys guess which charater is who. it might seem a little messy with all the "the girl", "she" and "her"s but please bear with me. it is only for this chapter. enjoy! ;)
 


It was 5.pm on a Friday. The silhouette of a young girl with her head buried inside a book could be seen in the far back of the library. She seemed to be engrossed in the book, which had the words "Space and Its Many Wonders" written across the cover. Feeling her glasses slowly moving down the bridge of her nose, the girl unconsciously pushed it back up. This caused her to take a look at her wrist watch to check the time.

"Oh snap, it's already 5 o'clock!"

Upon the realization that the library was going to close in a few minutes, the girl stood up and packed up all her belongings. With a swift move, she slinged one side of her backpack over her shoulder and tucked in the chair she just sat on under the table. Without looking back, she grabbed the books she had with her on the table and rushed to the bookrack to place them on the trolley. She wasted no time to exit the library and head back home before she gets questioned by her mother for coming home late like she had to endure numerous times before. "Not today." she thought. The girl passed by the library counter in hopes of seeing Mrs Kang, the librarian and greeting her a good evening before heading out, but the middle aged woman was nowhere to be seen. 

"She must be sorting books somewhere. Oh well, I guess I'll just see her next week then." she said to herself before walking out of the building.  

During her walk from the school library to her house, she looked around her surroundings and took in it's beauty. It was spring and the flowers on the trees and bushes were looking bright and healthy. They were blooming elegantly like the precious creations they are. She smiled to herself, appreciating mother nature's blessing. Spring was her favorite season and time of the year. Everything always seems so nice during this season. The weather is nice, the scenery is breathtaking and its the end of the school year. For a introverted girl like her, she was always looking forward to the end of each school year because she can finally enjoy her peace and quite at home without having to face hell, which in her case is called school. Don't get her wrong, she loves learning. A lot! She aces all the classes every year with no problem. She was considered "the genius" at school. The teachers loved her and the students admired her. Some naughty kids might call her a nerd, or a geek but she didn't mind it. Call me whatever you want, at least i'm not ignorant and pathetic like you lot, she always tells herself to feel better. 

Before she knew it, she was already outside her house. Checking her wrist watch again, the time read 5.38 pm. A sigh escaped the girl's mouth, knowing well she was going to earn a lecture by the mother. Accepting her fate, she walked up the steps to the door and inserted her keys into the keyhole. 

"I'm home!" the girl announced once she stepped in the vicinity of her home. A waft of meat sauce aroma greeted her, making water. Following the scent to the kitchen,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter