Final

Rewind. Play. Stop

He keeps on stomping on his foot pedal.

Rewind. Play. Stop. Rewind again. Play. Stop. A sigh.

Aaaaaaahhh!!!!! I can't take this anymore! Can't this doctor be any more faster than he already is? I can't understand a single thing he says. Jinu said while being totally frustrated. 

He just started working as a medical transcriptionist and luckily to a big hospital where there will be lots of account to choose from and transcribe. He was excited on his first week. He had an outstanding resume plus the fact that he received a good training from his school. He was quite confident about his skills until he was given his first report.

The record was dictated by a resident surgeon by the name of Dr. Song Mino. The procedure was a simple one, a day surgery. But the way he dictated it was so fast that Jinu is having a real hard time transcribing every word. He felt that this doctor is aiming to be the number 1 rapper of the country instead, and with the way he dictates, Jinu is pretty sure he will be.  Even with the latest speech recognition technology, he just can't decipher half of the content he is supposed to transcribe. Jinu was beyond frustrated.

 

A whole 48 hours have passed since he got the medical record to work on and he is not confident with the draft he is about to submit to his supervisor for QA. There are a lot blanks and flags which are very good indicators that you did a very bad job transcribing. Instead of sending it thru email, he decided to submit it in person to save his face as a new transcriptionist.

Tok tok tok...

Come in! the lovely supervisor (thank goodness for her kind soul) accepted his request to have a small talk regarding his first experience.

Good morning Ms. Shiela. I hope I am not disturbing you on top of your already big file of records for QA. Jinu greeted her apologetically.

No! Not at all. I am actually glad you came to me and requested this small meeting. Please take a sit.

Thank you Ms. Shiela.  And Jinu took a seat. 

To be honest, I am actually expecting this talk request from you Jinu. May I take a look at your finished work? 

Jinu handed the soft copy to his supervisor. She took a look at it and fill in the blanks and flags, that Jinu had previously, without even listening to the dictation. Jinu was beyond amazed as the words she filled in made every sense with the procedure the rapper-doctor is dictating. After filling in the blanks, they listened one more time with the dictation and with a complete work (by of course with the help of his sup), everything fitted.

Wow! How did you do that? I mean, I was really having a hard time transcribing it and you don't even have to listen to the dictation to fill in my blanks. Jinu exclaimed.

Hahahaha! That is totally understandable. We usually give other dictations to newbie before Dr. Song's. But the seniors who have dictated for him were already loaded so I did try to give it to you. You accepted it with so much excitement, probably because it was your first. I might say Jinu, you actually did a very good job with your work. Nothing to be proofread because everything is well written. And I totally understand the blanks. It really takes a lot more experience from this same doctor before you could transcribe his dictations with confidence. He is our resident rapper in the hospital after all . Hahahaha.  His supervisor explained that gave Jinu the relief he so wanted.

Thank you for this Ms. Shiela. I am glad that I am doing a good job despite my very first report. Jinu said with a smile. 

Actually, if you wanna stay for a few minutes more, I can introduce Dr. Song to you. You might have had a bad impression of him because of this but he is actually a nice person and has a very clear diction.

The rapper-doctor has?  Jinu covered his mouth upon realizing what he said.

His supervisor was laughing heartily when they heard a couple of knocks.

Come in!

Morning Shiela! You wanted me to clarify something from one of my dictations?

Jinu turned his back ready to see this rapper-doctor that frustrated him for 2 days straight. He is so ready to crease his eyebrows but the rapper-doctor has a blinding smile. He is tall and young and handsome and have good proportions and charisma that no woman or man can ever resist. He was taken aback and instead of his plans of creasing his eyebrows, his jaw dropped. His heart might have skipped a beat or 2. 

Rapper-doctor is so freakin handsome. Jinu thought. Not to mention he looks so good in his white coat. D*amn.

Dr. Song, good morning! Before that, I want you to meet a new addition to our team. He is Kim Jinu.

Hi Kim Jinu ssi! Nice to meet you! I am Dr. Song Mino. I hope when you work on my dictation, you won't get frustrated with me. Dr. handsome, he meant, Dr. Mino said while extending his hand to Jinu. Again, flashing that blinding smile.

Hello Dr. Song. I am Kim Jinu. Nice to meet you too. I'll be looking forward to work on your dictations. Jinu shook hands with Dr. Song and smile sweetly back to him. 

A blush appeared in Mino's cheeks followed by what sound like a choke. 

Ms. Shiela who is witnessing everything is smiling from ear to ear while mentally patting her back for a good job done.

 

 

Mino can't stop thinking about Jinwoo after their meeting. He found him very pretty and very handsome. When Jinwoo sweetly smiled back at him, he thought he's gonna melt. Gosh, those dimples. Mino thought while trying to relish that moment when they shook their hands and it fit perfectly into his. 

From that day, he kept knocking at Shiela's door discreetly hoping to see the angel-like man who opened heavens for him singing sweet alleluias. But only to find out that Jinu works from home most of the time. He felt dejected but this did not pass from Shiela's keen observation. She told Dr. Song that she will certainly ask his presence if Jinu is here for submission of reports. Dr. Song could only laugh nervously.

 

Jinu, on the other hand, is the same hopeless case. He has been working with a lot of easier dictations after his first so he does not really need to be physically present in the hospital for QA of his works. But after that one fated day, he kept flashing Mino's smile at the back of his mind and won't stop thinking about the blush he saw from the doctor. He discreetly kept bugging his supervisor for Dr. Song's dictation in the hopes of seeing him again, for his clarification of course. Mino's dictations are way too much for a beginner like him but he is more than ready to learn by heart the words the handsome doctor is dictating. Unfortunately, with the level of the reports Dr. Song is dictating, he was not given any from him.

 

A few weeks have passed and Jinu showed up in the hospital for a monthly meeting and brief presentations of changes and new residents for the hospital. Jinu was hoping to bump to Dr. Song. The meeting ended and he was not able to see Mino on his way in. His last chance was to see even a glance of him on his way out. 

He is feeling hopeless as he gets near the parking garage. He sighed and lowered his head as he exits the place.

Without looking up ahead, he suddenly bumped into someone and the said someone was holding a coffee that spilled to their shirts.

Aaahhh! Oh my gosh!!! I am so sorry!!! I did not mean to. Oh gosh!!! What to do? Your shirt! Jinu exclaimed apologetically. 

Hahaha...It's okay. I apologize as well for your shirt.

When Jinu heard the voice, he looked up and see Mino smiling brightly at him.

Mino! I--I mean Dr. Song! Oh my gosh, Dr. Song I am so sorry! I did not mean to spill your coffee to your shirt! Jinu said while trying to calm his own heartbeat.

Mino is fine Jinu ssi. Besides, my shirt is washable. Mino winked at Jinu not minding that coffee is actually hot. 

Jinu is fine then. I am really sorry. If you want, I can wash it and give it back to you tomorrow. Oh wait, are you on your way to work? I might have a spare in my car if you can wait for me so you can change into clean clothes for the day. Jinu said continuously.

Mino found him so cute and adorable he can't help but just smile. I told you it's fine so no need to apologize. I am actually going home now. I just forgot something from my office so I went back after getting cofee and plan to head home. 

Oh is that so.

But........... the coffee might stain if left unwashed for a long time and my place is actually quite far away from here.Hmmmmmm....  Mino said.

My place is just about 5 minutes away from here. We can go to my apartment and washed our clothes. You can also take a fresh shower......if if that is okay with you. Jinu blushed with his words. 

Mino smirked with the idea and agreed with Jinu. 

Then off they go to Jinu's place.

 

When they reached the place, Mino was amazed with how minimalistic Jinu is. The layout was simple and the apartment only had essential furnitures in it. 

Jinu offered Mino a drink which the latter accepted while Jinu gets the bath ready.

When the bathroom was ready, Jinu asked Mino to go in and take a shower. Mino complied by stripping off his shirt spilled with coffee. With the view in front of him, Jinu could not refrain from blushing. He knew Mino has good proportions, but d*amn those abs are a killer. Mino smirked when he saw how Jinu reacted and walked closely to Jinu. Jinu was taken aback for the 2nd time and took a one step back. Mino got way too close to Jinu that the latter could only close his eyes. Mino smirked and grabbed the towel Jinu is holding. With that realization, Jinu opened his eyes and saw Mino going in the bathroom. Such a tease. Jinu thought. 

 

After a few moments, Mino went out half na ked and with the towel covering the lower half of his body. Jinu thought he's gonna have a heart attack right there and then. 

Uhm, I have some clean clothes for you to wear in the meantime. It's over there at the small table. I also put your clothes on the washer. 

Thank you Jinu! You're a life saver! Mino then went in again to change into fresh clothes.

Well, it kinda is my fault anyways.  

Won't you take a shower too?

It's okay. My shirt only got a small spill, it did not even went through. So, I just changed clothes.  I also made you a sandwich. You said you were going home so I thought you must be hungry.

Wow! Really! Then, I would gladly eat it! Mino said while walking near Jinu. The sandwich looked amazing and when he took a bite, he knew right there and then, he wanted this sandwich for the rest of his life. 

While waiting for the clothes to be washed, Jinu and Mino had a good time chatting each other. They learned quite a lot about each other and enjoyed each other's company like they have been friends for a long time. Time passed by quickly and the clothes were already washed. It is time for Mino to go home. 

Ha, I guess it's time for me to go home. That kinda su cks.

Hahahaha. I had a really great time Mino. It does su cks, but.....

But....?

But, if you would like, you can always come over? I mean, I can always ask for help for clarification if I ever work on your dictations?

Really?Mino said while walking closer and closer to Jinu.

Really. Jinu said while smiling as Mino invades his personal space. 

Mino kissed him goodbye. A sweet and gentle kiss that will surely make them ask for more.