CHAPTER 2

Cataclysm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[TW] : mentions of child abuse

 

Despite having agreed to the arrangement, Hitomi was not going to accept anything without a fight. The car was filled with bickering ever since the three had entered the vehicle, Yena at the wheel, Chaewon sitting shotgun and Hitomi in the back seat. Yena being the oldest of the three decides to simply focus on the road, sometimes holding back a chuckle when either of the two decided to reply with something particularly outlandish.

 

“Ugh, Why are you like this?!” 

 

“Severe childhood trauma!” 

 

“Oh.”

 

“Also, I’m gay.” 

 

Yena couldn’t help but lose it when Chaewon casually drops the bomb, leaving the blonde gaping and very confused as to  whether it was a joke.

 

Before either of the two could continue, the car stops. In front of them stood a rundown looking house-- cabin, more like. The structure was primarily made of wood with a wrap-around porch that was covered in wood scraps and planks filled with gaping holes. Though the walls were also made of wood, the condition looked a bit better than that of the porch; instead, being covered with intense scratches that looked like they may have belonged to an animal. The windows to the building looked stained and grimy, some even out with what looked to be a tarp of sorts; one window looking particularly destroyed, it being the only one to have a shattered glass pane. The house reminded Hitomi gravely of a serial killer’s house-- the building situated in what seemed like the middle of a forest. 

 

“It’s not much but it’s home.” Yena says proudly, as if she built the cabin with her own hands.

 

“Stop sounding like a suburban white dad.” Chaewon mutters as she climbs out of the car, shoving her hands into the pockets of her leather jacket. "We should probably get going before anyone hears the engine.”

 

Hitomi silently follows behind the two, not too sure what to make of the situation. She’s about to enter a gang’s base-- alone. With strangers. That are from said gang.

 

Yeah, this is probably how she’s going to die.

 

The three finally step into the building, it’s interior surprisingly nice despite it’s outside appearance. The first thing that came into view was the living room; it’s furniture themed in a chic black and white. In the corner of the living room stood a small fish tank, filled with plants and a single blue betta fish. 

 

Hitomi’s eyes trail to the couch and she finds a tall girl-- her hair a dark violet, dressed in yet another one of the leather jackets adorned with the crest on it, a t-shirt of some generic metal band underneath. Much like Yena and Chaewon, the girl also wore a short plaid skirt-- Hitomi’s beginning to think this gang has a dress code.

 

At the sound of their shuffling feet, the tall girl on the couch whips her head up and Hitomi’s surprised to find that the girl looked absurdly young despite her lengthy figure. She had a small face and pearly black eyes that reminded the blonde of a small bunny rabbit. The girl held an aura of innocence surrounding her, eyes lighting up at the sight of the two girls in front of her. She seemed like she couldn’t be any older than fourteen-- even with her intimidating height.

 

She sees the girl bounce up and skip to Yena and Chaewon with a spring in her step (Hitomi is sure this girl is absolutely harmless), her lanky limbs wrapping around the two easily and excitedly like a rather large puppy. 

 

“Unnies! You’re back!” Her voice is squeaky and light. She nuzzles her head into the side of each of their heads, Chaewon groaning at the affection while Yena simply pets the tall girl's head. 

 

(Despite her whining, Hitomi sees the redhead soften up at the contact of the tall girl.) 

 

"Where's Eunbi unnie? I need to tell her we… uh, have a guest." Yena tries to explain, stepping to the side slightly to reveal the blonde awkwardly watching the interaction, irritation fading off every so slightly at the sight of the adorable giant in front of her. 

 

"Mom's in the kitchen." she says, her curious gaze stuck to the blonde. 

 

Soon, Hitomi finds herself alone with the tall bunny-like girl, the redhead and pinkette had scampered off into the kitchen; presumably to find this 'Eunbi' person. Unlike her first encounters with Chaewon and Yena, the blonde finds a sense of comfort and even protectiveness over the violet haired girl. 

 

She comes to find out that the girl's name is Wonyoung and she's indeed only 14 years old. Hitomi discovers that they weren't actually (technically) a gang. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter