The Fixer

Super Junior One Shots/ Prompts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's a calm and cool morning at the park. A black-haired man with few long strands of bangs covering most of his forehead and partly his eyes in his early thirties was reading in his usual spot while observing his surrounding from time to time—a habit of him. Even though he gets busy wherever he is, he can't help but observe people his eyes can reach.

After reading for some time, he sighed in his seat and placed the bookmark on a page where he stopped reading. It's been a long time since he was involved in someone else's life. He's curious whether they're still like how he left them; better than their first encounter. Though he occasionally thinks of them, he doesn't really try to check on them. If he does, that's just mean defying his own rule. He finds himself ridiculous with that rule but that's what makes his life interesting and convenient.

"Nice weather isn't it?" coming from behind, a doe-eyed man who seems younger than him with stylish clean wedge cut hair that turns into a slightly maroon color when exposed to light sat at the empty seat beside him.

"Yup! Makes it a perfect day to read and drink coffee," he said smilingly while showing his book and tumbler.

Perfect? I guess people are still optimistic these days though he doesn't look like one—the younger man thought to himself.

"What are you reading there?" he asked, trying not to sound unfamiliar with approaching strangers.

"Oh, it's just a novel about a true story-it says here—that happened during a war. You're interested in these?" the older handed him the book.

"Um, yeah, sure." the newly seated man flipped through the pages, only scanning the chapters.

He looks awkward—the older thought. "You okay, man?" he raised a brow, curious. If he's interested, he could've read the foreword at the back of the book—he wondered.

"Sorry, I'm not really into this kind of book. I just figured it'd make a good conversation starter." the other man admitted that made him want to curve himself like an armadillo out of embarrassment.

"How about we start by introducing ourselves?" the book owner said, giving him a smile of assurance that there's no need to be embarrassed.

"Oh yeah, that could work. Um, my name is Ryeowook," he said with an awkward tone, he looked at the other man's eyes for a second and stared down at the ground. He looks intimidating with those thin almond eyes of his. Maybe approaching someone impulsively without studying their looks first is a bad idea—he thought.

"Name's Jongwoon. Nice meeting you, Ryeowook," the older offered a handshake while smiling, showing interest.

The younger man shook his hand and smiled timidly. Maybe he's not bad after all.

"So? What brings you here at the park? You don't seem to enjoy this kind of place," Jongwoon gave him an it's-obvious look.

Although Ryeowook's appearance fits the place, his aura doesn't give off the type of guy who enjoys sitting at a park.

Oh my gosh. Is it obvious? —the younger became uneasy. He gulped then spoke, "People are everywhere in a park, figured I could use a company even if I don't approach any of them... though I just did," I sound very lonely. What the heck?

Well, you've found the right person, "Oh, is that so?" looks like I found a new one. He seems obvious but tried not to. That's funny—Jongwoon laughed internally then flashed a curious look.

"Um, yeah," the younger man mumbled and stared back down at the ground.

"Come on, spit it out. I won't judge," the older said nonchalantly. He stares at the other man like he's reading a book.

"You're... odd," Ryeowook stated.

"You're odd too yourself. Now that we've found a common ground, hope you're comfortable enough to let your mind speak?" Jongwoon is a pretty straightforward person.

"You seemed to figure it out now though," the younger gave him a you-know-what look.

Jongwoon just shrugged his shoulder

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter