Eye Contact

Eye Contact
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minnie yelped a bit when she felt Yuqi's elbow dig into her ribs suddenly. She turned around to smack the other girl, when she was distracted by her hushed whisper, "Watch this."

They were backstage after their latest comeback show and were winding down after finishing their performance. The camera crew was following them around and filming them to include in their I-TALK video. She pointed at Miyeon and Shuhua, who were currently talking to the camera about their thoughts on their performance. Well, Miyeon was talking while Shuhua was trying to subtly glance at Miyeon (and failing terribly at it). It didn't help that Miyeon kept glancing back at her, trying to make eye contact, but every  time she did, the other girl would immediately look away. Their current position was certainly not helping alleviate Shuhua's flustered state.

Miyeon, being as affectionate to Shuhua as always, had her arms around the younger girl from behind, placing her chin on her shoulder with their faces close to each other. Yuqi and Minnie stifled a giggle when they noticed Shuhua squirming away from the other girl while trying to hide the blush on her cheeks. They couldn't hear what they were saying, but they were pretty sure Shuhua made a teasing comment to mask her flustered state, because the older girl suddenly pouted and hugged her tigher. This, in turn, made her turn even redder.

Yuqi cackled at the sight, already thinking up ways on how to tease Shuhua once they were out of sight from the cameras.

"They are so annoying to look at," Minnie commented, "Look at them! Do they even know how obvious they're being? Even Neverlands can sense their tension through their phone screens."

They both glanced back to the two girls, Shuhua was still taking small glances at Miyeon and repeatedly looking away, while Miyeon was still staring heavily at the side of Shuhua's face. 

They both shook their heads at the blatant mutual crushing. Their stupid friends were very obviously in love, but were too proud to admit it, specially because of their love-hate relationship status.

"I'm pretty sure Miyeon already knows how she feels. It's Shuhua who's way too stubborn to acknowledge it," Yuqi answered.

Minnie hummed thoughtfully, "I think Miyeon knows that Shuhua likes her, that's why she teases her so much. Didn't she say before that she thinks Shuhua wants her attention?"

Yuqi scoffed, "Everyone can tell she likes Miyeon's attention."

"SOOJIN-UNNIE," Shuhua yelled from across the room, suddenly hopping away and leaving Miyeon, who quickly tried to cover up the disappointment that was evident on her face and continued on with talking to the cameras, a professional smile firmly on her face.

"Darn it," Yuqi and Minnie said at the same time, glancing at each other in surprise.

"Why do you seem so invested?" Minnie accused.

"Same reason as you," Yuqi responded calmly, "I want them to finally get over their unresolved ."

Minnie spluttered at the crude remark so suddenly thrown casually into the conversation, but ultimately nodded in agreement.

"I already helped Miyeon realize that she wants to date Shuhua, so a little more meddling won't hurt," Minnie commented.

There was a glint in Yuqi's eyes as she visibly got excited, rubbing her hands together, "Meddling, huh? I can help with that. Miyeon always treats us with food whenever she's in a really good mood, and this will definitely put her in a very good mood permanently."

"We can get Shuhua to start making eye contact with Miyeon first," Minnie agreed, "Even that's going to be tough enough already."

They continued to whisper and make plans, sometimes cackling loudly, making the other members look at them suspiciously.

Soyeon hesitantly approached them, "You two have been whispering in this corner for like, an hour now. What's going on?"

Yuqi and Minnie smirked at each other, getting ready to drag their leader into their plans.

Soyeon, seeing the mischievous glint sparkling in their eyes, suddenly started to regret approaching them, but at the same time accepting her fate with a sigh.

 

 

A few days later

Yuqi and Minnie also dragged Soojin into the plans, and she was surprisingly eager to help.

"What? I live with both of them, and let me tell you, seeing them eye every day gets tiring," Soojin paused, thoughtfully adding, "And also awkward. Don't forget awkward."

She suddenly continued, years of witnessing the awkward tension finally being let out, "The constant staring at each other when they think the other isn't looking. All. The. Time. Always! Every damn day!"

The other girls listened with wide eyes as Soojin uncharacteristically went off, "You know, last night we were watching a movie together because Miyeon was bored. And you know what she did the whole time?"

"Probably stared at Shuhua?" Yuqi supplied helpfully.

Soojin pointed at her, "Exactly! And you know what Shuhua did the whole time?"

"Glanced at Miyeon every five minutes but looking away immediately whenever she makes eye contact?" Minnie answered this time.

"Yes!" Soojin exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air in frustration, "And I was sitting right between them throughout the entire thing. I should've just went to sleep."

The other members silently agreed, all of them having witnessed the constant eye-ing going on and shuddered at the memories.

"Anyway, so what's the plan so far?" Soojin asked casually, finally having calmed down.

"Well for starters, Minnie and I thought we should get Shuhua to start making eye contact with Miyeon. I don't really know how we can get them to do that though," Yuqi responded.

"Soyeon's already in her study, planning how to give them scenes together in our next MV," Minnie shrugged, "When we told her the plan to start off slowly, she said 'Ain't nobody got time for that. It's either get them to make out on set or nothing at all' before she stormed off."

"Our neverlands would love to see that," Yuqi agreed thoughtfully.

"I...I'm not sure if that's the best way to go about it," Soojin hesitantly said.

"I was thinking maybe we could play some sort of game," Yuqi suggested, "like, a drinking game so that they'd have more liquid courage."

"I think that's a good idea, but we don't usually drink though," Soojin replied.

"We can just pretend that we're celebrating the awards we got from our latest comeback," Minnie added.

"Yeah! And we can use it as an excuse to eat chicken too," Yuqi clapped excitedly while Soojin laughed fondly, "I'm fine with that."

"It's settled then. This Friday night since we don't have any schedule on Saturday."

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter