Chapter 1

Death Bed

Don’t stay awake for too long,
Don’t go to bed,
I’ll make a cup of coffee for your head,
It’ll get you up and going out of bed.

 

I feel like something is tugging my shirt, trying to wake me up from my deep slumber. 

“Dy,dy” a small cute voice echoes in the room. I tried adjusting my eyes to the bright lights that shove directly to my face. A cute little girl grins facing me, showing her cute teeth. I tried waking up, sitting on the bed.

 

“Hey little girl, daddy miss you a lot” I caress her soft and long hair, hugging her tightly. Kim Ahreum, as beautiful as her name. My one and only daughter, that I could have. 

“Ahreum dear, please don’t disturb your daddy” an anxious voice can be heard behind those close door before it cracks open, revealing my beautiful wife. Kim Ahrin.

“Oh, youre awake already?” she sit at the edge on the bed. I nod and motion her to come near me.

“Who send Ahreum?” I kiss my little girl’s forehead, while she caress my face.

“Mom, she’s going to a wedding invitation with Jaehyo oppa” Ahrin smiles, facing me. Showing her best to look bright, and of course not looking tired. But I know, she is exhausted. The dark circle beneath her eyes shows it all despite that looks she tried giving me.

 

“What time are they coming back?” A moment of silence. Ahrin seems to not wanting to answer my question.

“Baby?”

“Can Ahreum stay the night?”

“We already talk about this baby.”

“Yes, but she needs us. She needs you, Wonshik”

“But-“

“She is merely 3 years old, Wonshik-ah. Don’t you pity her? She’s your daughter” her lips quivered as well as her voice. I barely see her looking desperate like this, no Ahrin. Not now. Now is not the suitable time to argue.

“I just don’t want her to see me looking so sick. You, out of all the people would understand right. Because she is merely 3 years old, Kim Ahrin. I know you’re tired too” I reach her hand, caressing it with my free hand.

“I, out of all the people won’t ever, even once be tired taking care of my husband” a single tear drop to her cheeks.

“One day, I promise. She’ll be staying with us, like before” I wipe her cheek, I hate it when she cries because of me.

“Coffee?”

“Yes please, my dear wife”