01' | D-3

• fallen leaves.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Nice to meet you everyone, I am Oh Haneul.”

Haneul bowed respectfully to her new colleagues and they all cheered for her. Already she sensed that working at Sunshine Gallery was the best choice she had ever made. Johnny, her manager, took the time to introduce her to everyone before taking her on a tour of the building, talking a little bit about the organisation’s history and depicting a few of the important persons she would have to work with. Haneul couldn’t hide her excitement as she enthusiastically skid along with Johnny.

The one person who caught her interest though was Lee Taeyong; Johnny could not shut up about his skills and well, anyone in the industry had heard in one way or another, of the famous artist. His pieces were exclusive to Sunshine Gallery and Haneul sensed that it was highly thanks to Johnny and Taeyong’s friendship. The tickets to his exhibitions were always sold out and when it came to his canvases, they were all bid to the highest price.

After two hours of onboarding tour, Haneul was finally allowed back to her desk and the warm welcome she received from her fellow PR colleagues was overwhelming. ‘This is going to be great.’ She thought as she settled down. Johnny sent a few files her way which would help her familiarise with the organisation’s past strategies and the upcoming agenda for the year. She smiled upon coming across her name next to the new recruits’ report as well as on the executive board. 

Flipping through the yearly planner, she finally noticed the imminent exhibitions. A few artists had booked the gallery for their personal expositions but what struck her the most was the infamous name ‘Lee Taeyong – Autumn collection; September 20th.’ A wide smile spread across her face as she began to wonder what it would be like to work with the 25-year-old-art-prodigy.

Coincidentally, that is when Taeyong finally decided to show up at work, sporting his usual black denim jeans, white shirt, leather jacket and an oversized beanie that made his ears poke out. His gaze was fierce and expression unbothered. Everyone got up to bow to him whilst all he did was a curt nod. The women in the office started whispering to each other and Haneul immediately realised that they were all swooned by his intimidating aura. Yet, she couldn’t judge them, since she was no stranger to his effect, finding herself pondering about his uniquely handsome face, well-proportioned body and heavily imposing talent.

Breaking her thought was the first ring from her intercom. Johnny’s name displayed and she immediately picked it up.

“Yes boss?”

“Boss? Seriously, I thought that we went over this earlier, you can call me Johnny.”

“I know but it’s just funny to tease you.” Johnny sighed on the other end of the line while Haneul chuckled.

“Jokes aside, come to my office, and bring your planner.”

“Rodger that.”

Haneul made her way to Johnny’s office hurriedly but her clumsy nature caught her up as she intercepted someone in the hallway. The other person’s sigh incited her to look up and stunned she was to be face to face with none other than Lee Taeyong. She immediately bowed as an embarrassed sheen found her cheeks.

“I’m sorry.”

“Be careful next time.” Is all he said but those words were enough to send a shiver down her spine. Maybe his cold tone or nonchalant words were the reason, but she had no time to ponder about it as her rationality kicked in; she was due in her boss’ office.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter