wait for me

love me, love me

Joohyun know since she was born, she will be a leader. She aces in her class, she is the social butterfly, she is someone that everyone loves, face, kindness, wealth, she has it all. That includes love. The love of her life, that was what she thought until she met her. She is just some ordinary girl who her father adores so much, errr with Ph.D. Still, the day she meets her she knows they will be good friends, but holy her father want’s her to marry this straight girl right after the funeral of her dead fiance and then her dead father, so much drama and she feels like she is the lead artist. That’s not how she projects her life, she should be married with the love of her life, be a good wife and mom, ace in all of her jobs and live happily ever after like those ing Disney stories but no, Disney decided to work with Pixar and here she is, seating in Seungwan’s queen bed and staring at her picture how staring back at her with a sweet smile. This girl has a nice smile. And Joohyun later knows that she is a ing saint. She sacrifices her only bedroom for her, she cooks for her, she tried to have a conversation with her, she makes sure to leaves some allowance to her hence she knows Joohyun is ing loaded because of her ing father leaves so much fortune for the rest of her life that she can just lay down until she dies, she works so hard just to make Joohyun feels like-

Knock*Knock*

“Joohyun-shi, I’m home. I just bought pad thai, you know it’s noodle from Thailand but it’s not and I mean, there is no way I fly there just to buy the noodles but also the cook don’t fly here just to cook for me oh shoot what the hell is wrong with me, I mean, Joohyun-shi, I bring you dinner, I’ll put it on the island, I already have mine, so enjoy a good night.”

Do you see it? She tried so hard to make her feels like home. Home. Joohyun sigh and let herself fall on the mattress and close her eyes.

X

Joohyun sat down on the couch and stare at the man who stood in front of her, staring at her like she was some criminal but no, she is not.

“So you want to date her for real?” Joohyun nodded. She never felt so sure in her life. After what happened between them, she will be stupid if she let go of this chance.

“But you guys already married.”

“It just fair for her to experience that, I mean the date, before we make love and have a baby right?” Joohyun shrug and casually melt on the new couch. The person in front of her widens his eyes and let his mouth gaped.

“Wait, you want to her?!”

“Correction, make love.” Is she going to do this? Alright she will do some research later for how to make love with the same gender. It can't be that hard, right? Does Joohyun even love Seungwan?

“That, and have babies?!”

“Correction, one. Okay maybe more if she wanted but that will be far later on. I still need to win her heart.” Joohyun nodded, looking determined. Or probably she is assuring herself. The heck she is already 30 something and if she can’t get her prince charming, then she will get a princess and will live happy ing after.

“Joohyun, you . What do you think she sacrifices a lot for you? You already got her heart and tramp it like you don’t care.” Joohyun looks down and curls her finger on the edge of her shirt and bit her lips. Oh, that’s a low blow for reminding her that she was once an to Seungwan. Chanyeol sigh and finally sat down beside her and put his hand on her shoulder.

“What you need is to gain her trust back.” Joohyun looks up to her friend that she sees another hope.

“And mine too. You such a Joohyun I’m still mad about you hurting our Wannie and I hate how you can easily lure her back to this house and I swear if you hurt her even if it just strands of her hair, I will shave you bald. That includes your perfect brows. The that brows don’t need any filler!”

“It’s my charm Chanyeol-ah. But she came back to me, does that mean I already gain her trust? I even kiss her.”

“You kiss her?!”

“Yeah. And she seems to like it.”

“Like it? The , that is her first kiss and you just kiss her innocent lips like that?!”

“Her..what?”

“Her first kiss, are you deaf? Gurl, when I tell you Seungwan is innocent, aside from her pure kind heart, she is also innocent with things like this. Holly .”

“Wait so you are saying-“

“Yeah she is the last in this world.”

X

“Are you sure this is alright Yeol-ah? I don’t want to embarrass her.”

“Did I hear it right? Seungwan you look fire. If there is anyone who will embarrass, that will be all those modelers.” Chanyeol said. They are now on their way to one of the most hype party that were host by Joohyun’s company and Chanyeol got the invitation since he is also a famous model and decided to bring Seungwan as his plus one. She already pulls all reasons for not coming to the party but its Chanyeol who we are talking about, her childhood friend. He knows where Seungwan’s weak spot. After giving tons of reasons and begging, the girl finally agrees and lets her childhood friend dress her since she is not that update with her clothes for a long time ( she is a nerd, what do you expect). For 5 hours straight Chanyeol convince her that she needs a total makeover and hold her like a vice when they did it, it was a pain in the but eventually, he shed tears because of his masterpiece came alive.

 

 

 

“But Yeol-ah I still think this skirt is still too short.” Seungwan keeps pulling down her skirt even tho Chaenyeol, the gaytleman already gave her his vintage jacket to cover it up.

“trust me Seungwan, there is nothing wrong with your outfit and I already promise that I’ll be by your side  and when you do feel uncomfortable then we will go back to your house ordering pizza and watch those detective you want.” He assures her. Well he has another plan. After Joohyun confirms she wants to pursue Seungwan, Chanyeol thinks that everything is too easy for her. She hurt Seungwan and so he wants to teach her a little lesson and it will be today. He wants her to see what she almost missed. Flash from the outside was tearing Chanyeol’s beat-up music inside his car and Seungwan start to look panicked.

“Seungwan, hold my hand and I promise I’ll never let go. It’s time for me to share with this world that I have an amazing sister and I don’t want anyone else but you.” Well that sweet mouth makes Seungwan want to cry but no. Today, the least she can do is not to embarrass her brother. So with every ounce of her confidence she let Chanyeol open her door and take her hand. People around them getting crazy when Chanyeol drapes his vintage jacket over Seungwan’s shoulder before he takes a hold on her hand, brings her to the photo spot, and answer a couple of questions. He happily introduces Seungwan to the world and he is proud of it.

“So not Girlfriend?”

“No. But if she is a man I will consider.” Everybody laughs at his remark while Seungwan pinches him, making people laugh more. After the interview was done, they both walk inside and Chanyeol who was cheerful for a moment went to concern about his friend.

“Are you feeling uncomfortable? I can feel your palm is sweating.” Seungwan shakes her head and smiles.

“No. The fact that I kinda enjoy it, you flexing me as your sister. And I’m proud of you, you finally can stand on your own and I hope you getting more famous than this.” Seungwan said sincerely.

“Thank you Seungwan. Now, shall we proceed inside? The party is starting.” With a nodded both went inside and seungwan can hear the loud music and fake smoke everywhere. As she walks in, she could feel people’s eyes were on her making her feel a bit uncomfortable but still went through with it because she trusts Chanyeol will not dress her like a clown.

“Now, can you wait here for me to grab drinks for both of us? I swear I won’t be gone for long. I swear.” Seungwan agrees and chanyeol immediately flees away like he was in a hurry. She chuckles at her friend's antic and decided to look around. She was at the corner near the back yard. The decoration was different from the outside, it was more aesthetic and calm. She makes a small note that she will ask Chayeol t accompany her to the back yard before they go back home.

“Seungwan?” Seungwan froze and didn’t dare to turn her back when she heard the voice. Why now?

“Seungwan? You are Seungwan right? It’s me J.” Someone is already stood beside her. She sighs in her mind before she turns to the person and smiles a little.

“Hi, J.” She squeaks out.

“Wow Seungwan you look amazing.” J said as his eyes sizing her outfit and makeup. If she didn’t know better, she thinks he is checking her out shamelessly.

“Um thanks?” both fall silent after that. She knows she should apologizing to J but before she opens , the guy beats her.

“Seungwan. I think I owe you apologize. I swear I don’t know that Joohyun is a married woman and that day I was drunk and I have to admit that I kind of not myself that day. I’m sorry, I am.”

“That’s okay J. You don’t know.” Seungwan feels awkward and uncomfortable by now. She wondering where is Chanyeol.

“So you came with Joohyun right? but I didn’t see you earlier.” He asks, that. Now where the is Chanyeol!? And before she answer the questions, Chanyeol came to save the spot.

“Well hello.” Chanyeol greets the guy with so much interest. Eyes glowing and tail waggling.

“Seungwan may I know who is this handsome gentleman here?”Chanyeol gave her the champagne he grabs with his eyes still on the outsider.

“Chanyeol, meet J. J, This is Chanyeol, and to answer your questions, I came with him as his plus one.” Seungwan explains. Then in the second, J looks so hella confuse while Chanyeol demeanor change from friendly to playfully dangerous if you can say.

“Oh so this is the famous J.” Chanyeol kind of shove Sungwan’s drink to her hand before he offered a handshake. J, being polite he is, takes it but winch a bit because Chanyeol, let’s say too excited for knowing new people.

“I hope you hear good things about me.” J tried.

“Oh yes. It’s really interesting that I met you in flesh.” And seungwan knows better. From her perspective, Chanyeol looks like a bulldog who is ready to tear his toy apart. So she quickly place her hand on his back and that makes him relax a bit and let go of his victim’s hand.

“Alright, enjoy the party guys. I still need to greet the other guest. Nice to see you here Seungwan.” J said and left without waiting for another replay.

“Yeah go away you wife er!” Chanyeol hiss and he earn a small slap on his back from Seungwan.

“Chanyeol, no.”

“tch, he deserves it. He should check someone's background first before trusting his little whinneeee.” Chanyeol pout and took a big gulp on his champagne.

“Yeol-ah.” Seungwan sigh. And as the night keep going, they finally forget what happens and Chanyeol introduce her to his ‘golden circle’ where he assuring her that even she grinding her y on those hot guy, she won’t get pregnant. Nope. Those guys are pure gay. So Seungwan has a good time, talking with those hot men while the other girls around her can only watch. She feels grateful that one of those bunch of men is more decent. They call him D.O. making Seungwan thought if he is a  Drop out guy making them laugh and feel entertained with this small and smart girl. And he is a nerd guy who keeps talking alien (math) language that only Seungwan can understand.

Far from the other corner across the hall, stood Joohyun with eyes sharp like daggers, knuckles turn to white, and her fingers must be hurt for clutching on her clutch bag so hard. When she was in the middle of greeting her guest, her eyes spot on that tight leather skirt that hugs those round . Yeah she actually has a thing for a . And when she knows it was Seungwan’s, she can feel her breath hitch when she turns around to talk to Chanyeol. Damn, how can someone’s be so perfect from behind? She bet it was soft-

“hey who are you staring at?” Joohyun came back to her sense and decided to take a one-shot for whatever it is on her glass. And slam her glass on the table.

“Wow easy tiger. By the way who is that hot chick?” one of her colleagues asks while she sips her drink. It took Joohyun sometimes to answer because her eye was focus on how Seungwan laughs at that one punch man joke, she bet it’s not even funny at all but Seungwan being polite.

“why?”

“Nothing. Just make sure I’m not stealing somebody’s property. I mean, look at her, she is bangable and I wouldn’t mind being the one who has that honor.” That statement can tear Joohyun’s eyes away and look at the person behind her like she is growing 3 heads.

“Since when you are lesbian Joy?”

“Since I lay my eyes on her.” Joy said casually and bottom-up her drink. She calmly placed her glass on the table before she walks to where Seungwan is with those hot boys. By now, Joohyun was fuming. She was about to give a piece of her mind but again, someone from the event organizer asks for her and she can only sigh in frustration.

The night goes on, Joohyun tries to be ultra-efficient tonight but it seems like her patient is like thin ice.

“I thought someone said she is in the middle of persuading someone’s trust.” She is now back to her post, need to make 1 more round (for whatever that ty EO said, why she have to be here just to suffer from eyesore while they can have fun without her, thank you.) before she can enjoy the night.

“I’m trying.” Joohyun pouted a little. She can hear Chanyeol scoff beside her.

“You are not trying harder.”

“I don’t want to make her feel suffocated.” Right, it’s not like she didn’t mention this party before, she give hint okay? It just that she is not sure how to ask Seungwan out to be her plus one and she knew her wife didn’t like the attention so she just got cold feet and decided to brush it away. But look here, Seungwan actually came and have a drastic makeover and smiling to people, being polite. Joohyun will flip if she can dance too.

“But she needs a little push. You could ask her as your plus one today Joohyun.”

“She doesn’t want a spotlight.”

“Yet she came here and have fun with my heaven circle.” That. Joohyun stays mum.

“And the worst, you don’t even approach her. You just stay here at the corner watching from afar and keep wondering what-ifs. Even she was having fun right now but for once and a while, she is actually looking around, for you. I know her Joohyun. I am sure she is very sad right now, she agreed came with me not because I trick her, well partly. But I am sure the real reason for her coming here just to see you. She agrees to dress up, to impress you. To tell you that she can be your plus one too, she is not an embarrassment you have to hide.”

“I-“

“I’m so disappointed with you. Look at there, if those people were not gay, and she is not a faithful wife. What do you think can happen?” Joohyun looks away in shame. Yeah Seungwan is so dedicated to her, she is an angel that Joohyun did not deserve. She asks for a chance from her but what is she doing right now? This is another big slap for her to wake up.

“That will be- that mutha ing .” Joohyun was about to say that she was wrong but not now. She had it enough for what she saw and march toward where Joy and Seungwan were talking with Joy’s hand trailing behind Seungwan’s back, lower, near her bump, and the latter still not aware of it because she is so into the conversations. When she reaches her destination, she immediately swatting that filthy hand away and stood in between.

“Hand’s off my wife and back off.” Everybody in the circle stops speaking and looks at Joohyun’s attitude.

“Wife?” Joy asked. Joohyun immediately held Seungwan’s hand and slips those round cold metal at those hands, matching with hers. She was going to ask seungwan first if she wants to wear it again tonight but no. She can’t wait for any more. Seungwan is hers and nobody is going to snatch her wife. Never.

“J-joohyun?” Joohyun turning and for the second time, her breath got hitch again upon staring at those expressive eyes.

“ We are going home. Now.” She took off her earpiece and walkie talkie and shove it to Joy before she pulled Seungwan out, ignoring those murmur from behind. Not caring that the entire crew heard it through their earpiece. Well it’s should be like this from the start. She should introduce Seungwan as her wife, proudly, as she introduced her to her colleague years ago. Joohyun you are an . She keeps punishing herself in her mind, ignoring Seungwan who is calling her name. It was until they reach the parking lot Joohyun understand that she might hurt Seungwan’s hand, so she let go and ask her to go inside the car. As they ride back to their home, Joohyun keeps thinking about what happens and the more she thinks about it the more guilty she feels about.

They finally arrive at home and Joohyun still has the guts to pull Seungwan with her before she traping Seungwan with both of her hand on their bedroom wall and stare at her.

“Joohyun? I-I’m sorry for ruining the party, I shouldn’t come and-“ the sentence was cut, but Joohyun’s fierce kisses. She bites, she , she takes whatever Seungwan can offer. Yes she is selfish. But just this one, just this one last time, she wanted to be selfish. She wanted Seungwan for her own. After sometimes, the kiss went slower, gentler before it just a sweet peck on those plump lips. Oh god she really loves these lips. Couple more pecks and Joohyun rest her forehead on her lover and sigh.

“I’m such an . You are too good to be true for me Seungwan.” Joohyun breathes out when soft hand rest on her cheek.

“I love you Hyun-ah and I’ll always be here, for you.”good gracious why she is not meeting Seungwan earlier. She is too precious.

“Thank you Seungwan, for putting up with my all these years.” Joohyun’s eyes got teary but she fought it.

“And thank you for wanting to give us a chance once more. I swear  I promise you I will not blow it up this time Seungwan.” She can see Seungwan smile softly at her and took an initiative this time to give a soft kiss on her forehead that makes Joohyun’s knee weak, before they hug each other. Just the two of them, with no sound, and the only lights is from outside the window.

“Well you kind of announce that you are married earlier.” Seungwan start. She draw a small circle on Joohyun’s back. The older gently peel them off and look at her wife’s eyes.

“No, well yes, but no. I’ll bring you to my office tomorrow and introduce you to my boss, officially. And we will celebrate with them. You deserve more than the stunt I pulled tonight.” Seungwan chuckle. To think again, it was kinda funny to see people’s faces in there.

“If you say so, tomorrow then.”

“Wait for me Seungwan, You will get the greatest love from me.” Joohyun lean down and give more couple peaks on those plump lips.

“I have faith in us,” Seungwan said, smiling. That night they both decided to change comfortable clothes and watch netflix, all night. Joohyun let a slow sigh when Seungwan secure her position in her embrace and some little kisses (meh, she was kidding, they actually made out, they ing made out for the first time on that new couch and she tries to be very gentle for Seungwan and really proud of that). Ah, what a life.

 

X

Joohyun was frustrated. There is this neighbor named Slugi, who is disgustingly sweet and caring, another Korean who just move in on the block. The best neighbor they had, according to Seungwan. When Joohyun was away with her works, Slugie is the one who helps Seungwan moves things, she fixed the plumber, antenna of their house, she accompanies Seungwan to buy groceries, she even praises Seungwan better than Joohyun (According to Chanyeol, that ). Joohyun will crush him in to dust if he ever tries to be a matchmaker between these two. He was supposed to help her to woo Seungwan, not another way around. Joohyun feel intimidated somehow because how Slugie can be taller than her and when she stood beside Seungwan it was like a pretty picture you saw in advertisement out there, pretty and pretty girl, well Seungwan is more beautiful, gentle, that’s what Joohyun sees in her eyes for her old-time partner. And her hands? Those long fingers and pretty nails? Joohyun looks down on her petite hand and scoff.

“At least Seungwan found it cute.” She nodded her head and make a small smile. But her smile stops when she saw someone beside their house open the door and their eyes bright open. No , Joohyun have to make her move, fast.

“Hey Seungwan!” Slugie smile brightly at them and she flies or slides across their beautiful yard, eyes only on one person. Joohyun rolled her eyes as she slams the front door bit hard but nor that everybody care.

“Hey Seulgi!” Seungwan already bounces to their neighbor and gives her a warm hug.

“wow you actually cut your hair.” Seulgi, not slugie said as she took the tip of her hair and rub it to her long fingers. Joohyun wishes she screams ‘move those motherers pretty long fingers, I’ll chop it for you’.

“It looks pretty.” Seungwan was blushing. Joohyun eyes go round. No. Not on her watch. She marches toward that beautiful art, near the fence, and clears .

“hey.” Joohyun greets as she warps her hand on Seungwan’s slim waist, pulling her closer, making the later squeak a small voice. Seulgi rise her brow before she took a step back and smirk. Joohyun lift her head a little, showing internally showing her neighbor who Seungwan’s belong to.

“Hey Joohyun.” Joohyun nodded her head and join the conversation bit, but not letting go on her hold on her wife. After sometimes, they (Seungwan dan Slugie) decided that they should have another shopping haul on Slugie’s art supply next Monday. Damn the artist who had so many time for Seungwan. Joohyun curse under her breath, she was so busy this Monday so she will not be able to join the duo. Fine, she will think another strategy then, not now because it’s time for her and Seungwan to go.

After 2 weeks since Seungwan came back to her (home), she suggested that they should join charity even this weekend (thank God without Seulgi, not slugie). It was held by the government and the church where Joohyun prayed before. She said it’s for her gratitude and also so they can spend more time together. The Charity even is to help Government to plant more trees on their district and Seungwan immediately agrees ( See Joohyun, Seungwan just need a little push, that’s what she can hear with Chanyeol’s voice in her head).

“I’m so excited!” Seungwan cheer as she looks around. Some people were already working and when they arrive, the Event Organizer approaching them and gives them the necessary equipment.

“I’m glad you like my suggestion Wan-ah.” Joohyun smiles gently at her while she helps her wife to wear her gloves. Well let’s say that just an excuse to hold her hand longer. And so they begin to work and Joohyun surprisingly loves what she was doing, moreover with the person she adores so much. After 2 long hours of working, Joohyun decided to help the kitchen department while Seungwan still helping the kids to plant an orange tree. Joohyun brings out a box of cold water to distribute outside and when she near and was about to offer Seungwan cold drink, her movement was halt when she saw her wife. Everything was suddenly moving in slow motion. Good God, since when Seungwan’s had this femininely muscular and y biceps when she takes off her checker shirt, leave only with her muscle tee and using the back of the dirty glove to wipe out her sweat. And how her muscle flex when she lifted those polybags? Joohyun bit her lips and hold on the water bottle tight that it might burst.

“Do you need help with that bottle?” One of the workers asks if she needs help to open the bottle, make her snap back to reality and replay to the worker that she can manage it. The worker just shrugs it off and flee away, leaving only her and Seungwan who already notice her presence.

“Hey.”

“Hey, for you.” Joohyun open the bottle cap and gave it to seungwan who gratefully took and gulp it greedily.

‘no, not that sweat fall on your neck-“ Joohyun snaps out and took out her handkerchief and help Seungwan to clean her face.

“You work too hard.” Joohyun said as she brushes the fabric gently on her wife’s dirty cheek, in which got replied by a bright smile.

“Oh what a sweet couple.” Both took a step back and see an old woman, maybe on her 80 looking at them adoring.

“oh, I’m sorry but are you guys a couple?”

“Girlfriend.”

“Wife.”

Both looking at each other before saying it reversely and then Seungwan laughs.

“It’s actually complicated mam, but yes we are married for 5 years and 2 weeks old Girlfriend.” She said.

“ohh, interesting young people nowadays. Don’t worry dear, despite my age, no matter what your gender is, love is love. Both of you are just young, beautiful and in love. You guys will have each other back and went through everything together in the future. Communication is the most important thing in a relationship. When I wan young-” The old lady keep giving them advice while both were secretly looking at each other and smile.

TBC

 

AN. hello everyone. I decided to make it as two shot. since I was bored so I'll make it longer for you guys, I hope you guys enjoy it and please comment, subscribe, and maybe vote for me?

Loon out!