-end-

Sunbyung ficlet

Hyomin was halfway through her book when she heard her phone ring. She got her bookmark from her bedside table and closed the book, glancing quickly at the clock to take note of the time -- 11 PM. She qiuckly answered the phone not bothering to see who was calling. It has been their routine since this quarantine started anyways. 

"Hello?"

"Byungpoongie~"

"Yah!"

She heard giggles from the person on the other line and can't help but smile at how cute it sounded. 

"Hyominnie, it's a video call. I can't see anything~"

Upon hearing those words, Hyomin immediately pulled her phone from her ear putting her hand in front of her. She was then greeted by the warmest smile she's seen from the person she's been terribly missing.

"Hi" she breathed out. The smile has caught her off guard.

"Hi!" the girl on the other line replied. Her smile growing wider at the sight of Hyomin.

Hyomin's face grew soft after she recovered from her shock. Trying to absorb the features of the girl she's talking to, she can't help but tear up a bit when she realized how long it has been since they've been together together.

"I miss you, Sunny."

Sunny gave her a soft, understanding, smile, feeling the same way as Hyomin. She's been missing the girl a bit too much she has to restrain herself from coming over her house. 

"I know, Minnie, and I miss you terribly. So much that --"

Sunny was not able to finish her sentence as Sogeum jumped and interrupted her, claiming the camera as his and meowing at Hyomin. 

Hyomin laughed at the cat's antics, much more at Sunny's expression. She greeted Sogeum while Sunny reprimanded the cat, saying that it's her time with Hyomin and the cat should wait for his turn.

After a few more minutes of negotiation, Sogeum finally relented and settled on his cat tower on the other side of the room. Sunny let out a small sigh of releif after that knowing that she will now have her time alone with her Hyomin.

"I'm sorry about that." 

"No worries, I kinda miss his antics too."

Sunny smiled at the camera, remembering the time when Hyomin sleeps over and Sogeum hoggling up all the attention from the girl.

The rest of the night was spent on a bit of discussing the things they have done for the day and more on playing with some filters and talking about anything that comes into mind. Sunny would  not have noticed the time not until Hyomin stifled a yawn. She glanced at her clock hanging on the wall. 

"Hey babe, how about we call it a night?" she asked. 

"Yeah, I think so," another yawn, "Sorry about that."

"Nah, I kept you up."

"It's fine." Hyomin smiled. Sunny's lips involuntary curled upwards, mirroring Hyomin's. 

"Want me to sing?" 

"Yep but I think I'll pass. It'll make me miss you more I might end up driving to your apartment" Hyomin let out a small laugh. "I love you, Sunny."

Sunny can see that the girl is fighting through her sleepiness. No matter how cute that might have look, she would not want to keep the girl up a little bit longer. 

"I love you too, Hyomin. See you soon, okay?"

Hyomin can only nod her head as her eyes were forced shut by the sleep she's been delaying. Sunny can only smile at the now sleeping girl. 

"Goodnight, babe." she said as she disconnected the call and proceeded to create sleep on her own.