Ice Queen❄️

Fruit Punch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I developed a bad habit of glancing at Baekhyun whenever I had a chance. It was such an automatic reaction. Whenever I seemed to hear Baekhyun’s voice, I would look at that direction and stare at his face.

The thing was that—even though I was meticulous about stealing glances at him since I didn’t want my friend to find out about my newly formed habit, but my friends were too annoyingly sharp.

They figured it out soon enough, and everyone had their fun share of teasing me about it—especially that Jisung.

“If you stare at him any longer, you are going to drool.” Jisung snickered. 

“I was staring at the—the—pillars behind him.” I wasn’t a genius when it came to lying and it really showed when I was facing this type of confrontation from my friends.

“We know you too well to know that you are lying right now, Yuna.” Jiyeon giggled, shaking her head in disbelief. “Next time, let’s try to think of a better excuse, alright? When you lie to us like that, it just makes you look like an idiot.” 

I in a deep breath, “Right. I was staring at him, so what? It’s not a crime to stare at somebody.”

“It’s certainly not a crime but it also tells us a lot about your feelings towards that somebody. First, it could be that you hate him so much that you keep staring at him to send him invisible death treats, or second, you have a crush on him. And just by looking at how honey is dripping down from your eyes whenever you look at him, there is no way it could be the first reason.” Jisung said smugly.

“Sorry, wannabe detective, your deductions are wrong.” I murmured. “I don’t have any crushes on anyone.” 

“I thought you guys were quite close from what it looked like during freshman camp. Why don’t you just go and talk to him?” Jiyeon said while munching on her bread.

“Because she’s a scaredy cat, you know she’s like with crushes. It will take her ages to make a first move. Despite her y front, our girl is quite shy when it comes to guys that she likes.” Jisung snickered.

“Didn’t you guys hear about what I just said?” I rolled my eyes at them. “I told you, didn’t I? I don’t have a crush on anyone.” 

“But to think that she would fall for a guy like Baekhyun, that’s surprising.” Jiyeon pointed out.

“To be honest, I always thought she was someone who couldn’t feel anything at all.” Jisung snickered.

“Guys, I am right here, you know?” I glared at them.

“But then Baekhyun is a cute guy, I mean I couldn’t really blame her. Who wouldn’t be charmed by someone like him?” Jiyeon laughed.

“If she doesn’t hurry up soon, he might be snatched by other girls—like you know, Sooyoung? She is pretty cute.” Jisung snickered.

I heaved a sigh, “ you guys. I am going back to my class if you are done teasing me.”

“We are just saying for your sake,” Jiyeon grinned. “Just talk to him. There’s no harm in doing it.” 

“Whatever.” I mumbled. “I don’t have a crush on anyone so I don’t care.” 

“She is so good at denying the truth.” Jisung shook his head. “You better don’t come running to us after Baekhyun is taken.” 

“I won’t.” I nodded my head.

 

 

After leaving my friends back there, I finally managed to get some time for myself and some peace and quiet as well. Jisung and Jiyeon were assuming too much from a few glances. I didn’t like Baekhyun, right, there was no way I would like him. I would be disappointed in myself if I did.

Since I got two hours long break before my next lesson, I decided to go for some cafe hopping. That was when the message came in. And it was from Jiyeon. Assuming that she texted me to tease me more about Baekhyun, I was about to tell her to piss off. However, when I opened the text message, apparently, she had a migraine and she needed to go home but there was an important class she needed to go since the professor would be passing out important notes for their test next week. I texted her back that she could always ask the professor the next day, and she told me that the professor had already told them that if they missed out the class, they wouldn’t get a second chance.

She started guilt-tripping me and told me to sit in the class for only thirty minutes to get the notes and I could leave the class afterwards. I asked her why not Jisung and she replied that he was having another class right now.

I groaned inwardly and texted her to ask her about the class’s location. Well, it was only going to be thirty-minutes. No harm in helping out a friend in need, I guess.

I grabbed a quick coffee before heading to Jiyeon’s class.

When I entered the class, I was met with faces that I had never seen before. They turned their heads to look at me and the sudden attention that I was getting—it made me feel really uncomfortable.

I chose a seat that was the furtherest away from the crowd. Sipping my coffee, I decided to look at my own courses materials. It was pretty sad when Jisung and Jiyeon managed to get the same courses for this semester but I was allocated different modules from them. I wished I could have gotten the same modules as them and I wouldn’t have to suffer all by myself.

I heard a few knocks on my table. I looked up from my laptop screen and almost spat out the coffee in my mouth.

“Hello, I didn’t know you take this class.” He said with a grin.

“I don’t.” I shook my head, trying to keep myself calm and collected.

“Right. I don’t remember seeing you here.” Baekhyun said. “Can I sit next to you?” 

“Eh, sure.” I cleared my throat, as I took my bag from the seat next to mine and placed it on the floor.

“I hope you still remember me.” Baekhyun said. 

“It’t hard to forget a guy who went around asking for everyone’s names.” I chuckled.

“Hmm.” Baekhyun hummed. “So what’s my name?” He asked with a raised eyebrow.

“What was it again?” I teased. “Was it Baekyung? Or was it Baekyun? Oh wait—it’s Baekhyun!” 

He chuckled after sensing the mocking tone from my voice.

“So why are you in this class?” He asked me.

“My friend told me to come, apparently she said the professor is giving out important notes.” I replied.

“That…was last week? He gave them already.” Baekhyun said, looking surprised and confused.

I blinked my eyes and carefully tried to piece my thoughts together and that was when I realised that I had been tricked. 

“I am going to kill that .” I muttered under my breath.

“Sorry, what did you say?” Baekhyun asked.

“Nothing. Ok, since I got nothing to do here, I will be leaving first. It was nice seeing you again,” I stood up from my seat. 

I was about to leave the classroom when I felt someone grabbing my arm.

“Since we met like this, do you want to—hang out with me—that’s if you have time, of course.” Baekhyun looked at me nervously as he stared at me with his big puppy eyes. How could I say no to that face? 

Gritting down on my teeth, I reminded myself again that I did not have a crush on anyone. “But don’t you have a class now?”

“I don’t want to pass up this rare opportunity.” Baekhyun grinned.

“Sure.” I nodded my head. 

 

 

“I thought you said you were a smoothie type of girl, so why the coffee?” Baekhyun asked.

I looked down at the cup I was holding and replied, “I like coffee too.”

“So where do you want to go?” Baekhyun asked.

“I don’t know? You were the one who invited me, so I thought you had a plan in mind.” I shrugged my shoulders.

“Right.” Baekhyun chuckled nervously.
“But make sure you don’t go somewhere too far, I have a class two hours later.” I reminded him as I checked the time. “Actually, it’s one and a half hour left.” 

Baekhyun looked flustered as he pondered about. “, I am screwing this up, am I not?” He asked me.

“I am enjoying your accompany. Without you, I would have be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter