Begin

Hold Still
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

 

'Sometimes the rain speak to me. In my sleep and in my wakeness.'

 

A cup of coffee, rain sounds playlist on Spotify are my cure these days.

 

 

 

 

Song Vibes:

Rainy Seasons by Mamamoo

Be Calm by Hwasa

Honey cover by WheeIn by Kehlani

 

 

...

 

It was late in the afternoon. 

 

Sana had finally finished her classes.  She declined Jihyo’s offer to hang out. Rain seems to be looming in the skies, so going out would be a bad idea.

 

She hurried on her way. She felt like the rain was just a few minutes away.


 

 

She was in their apartment when she changed her mind. Jeongyeon went home for the weekend, so she would just be alone.

 

She crossed the street and walked a few blocks more. There she entered a different apartment building.



 


 

 

 

 

She was careful not to make too much noise in opening the door to Dahyun's room. 

 

She might still be asleep.
 

As she did open the door as quiet as she could. Still a few creaks escaped the hinges. She found her hunch to be true. The girl was asleep.


 

 

Sana slowly took off her shoes and laid down her bag on the floor with a soft thud. She walked beside the bed of the sleeping girl.

 

Phone was placed on silent and she perched it upon the bedside table beside Dahyun’s.

 

Sana unclasped her bra to ease some of the day’s stiffness. The scent of the room was so Dahyun, light but comforting. Baby powder calmness it is.




 

 

The bed dipped.

 

The sleeping girl stirred.

 

Sana slowly placed her head on her chest.

 

A deep seated sigh left Sana’s body. From her shoulders down to her spine. 

 

It was almost magical.




 

Out of instinct, a hand laid on top of her shoulder.


 

Slowly as Sana ruffles the pocket of the sleeping girl’s hoody, sleep crept in her body.

 

She yawned and shifted properly to cuddle her source of warmth.

 

Head on her chest. She was swept away by the waves of slumber. Eyes open, eyes closed.

 

Eyes open, eyes finally closed.










 

 

 

 

The curtains were usually drawn to let sunlight brighten the room.

 

A buzz from a mobile device, snapped Dahyun to open her eyes.

 

Groggy, she leaned forward to reach for her phone when she registered the body whose head laid on her shoulder. Peacefully asleep. She must have been tired, Dahyun thought.

 

Dahyun inhaled. She checked who messaged her then placed the phone down. She decided not to go back to sleep.

 

She took the book that she was reading a while ago so she can continue.

 

And in reading, time passes by fast.








 


 

 

 

 

 

Sana woke up to soft humming and fingers playing with her hair. 

 

She squirmed and began to stretch her limbs.





 

“What time is it?” Sana asked.



 

“I’m not sure,” Dahyun hummed while obviously engrossed in the book.


 

Sana resumed on hugging the warm body beside her, her head on the girl’s shoulder. The scent of her clothes set a calming effect on Sana.





 

“Are you still sleepy?” Dahyun asked.




 

Silence.



 

Dahyun chuckled at Sana who had fallen asleep.


 

“What’s funny?”
 

Sana spoke up with her eyes closed. She felt the vibration of Dahyun’s chuckles. It was like small and rapid ripples of water.




 

“Nothing” Dahyun mumbled upon realizing the girl was still awake.



 


 

 

 

 

 

In a little while,

“Hey, you’re crushing me” Dahyun whined.


 

Sana had began to hug the life out of Dahyun’s body. She was wearing her favorite dark blue hoody that Sana likes. This is one of the times where she was in a mood to bother Dahyun out of nowhere.


 

“You’re so fluffy, I’m gonna die” Sana imitated the line from ‘Despicable me’ with the gruff voice. Still squeezing the girl’s torso.




 

Dahyun tried to wiggle away. She had to place the book back down in her effort.

 

“Sana” She continued to whine then she decided to use her fingers.


 

She faced the girl and dig her fingers’ on Sana’s sides immediately causing squeals to erupt.


 

Sana was torn from giggling and trying to tickle Dahyun as well. 

 

“Stop Dahyun!” 

 

Dahyun laughed as Sana tried to escape. She was doing her best in freeing her hand that Dahyun had trapped.



 

As Sana’s hand was freed, she was quick to turn Dahyun red for being the one tickled.


 

“Sana! No, no more” Dahyun begged as she tried to chase naughty hands away.


 

Then Dahyun began choking on air from probably being tortured. Sana decided to rid the girl of her antics and stopped.



 

“You're going to pay for that” Dahyun warned as she was still coughing upon suddenly being itchy.


 

“Yeah, yeah” Sana mocked as she settled and squeezed herself on Dahyun’s space, once more.



 

“I mean it” Dahyun said firmly. She proceed to drink from her water bottle by her bedside.



 

“I mean it” Sana was not done mocking her.


 

Dahyun just sighed. Took her arm away from Sana’s grasp and moved away. Eventually a space forms between them.


 

This is how they fight, like silly children.


 

“Hmp” Sana turned the other way. She is not craving her warmth anyway, she tried to tell herself.



 

 

 

With their backs against each other, the two began to fall asleep. 

 

One can blame the weather and the day’s tiring  load they had endured before they came home.

 

But sleep was so easy in those times. The weather was cold outside and they were lucky to be warm and comfortable. Many do not have such opportunity.




 


 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

Sana fluttered her eyes open and got startled by the sight that greeted her.


 

Dahyun’s sharp eyes were on her. Staring into her.



 

“Boo” Dahyun whispered. A smile soon grew.




 

Sana frowned. “Creep” She chided. 

 

She can see how Dahyun’s eyes were fresh from sleep.

 

She stared at Dahyun as the girl began to hum with her eyes closed.

 

Sana was just observing. She couldn't take it anymore so she let the sudden urge to rub her cheeks against Dahyun’s won over her.





 

Dahyun tried to whine upon the disruption to her solemn humming.
 

“Stop it” Sana did halt and sighed before laying back down.






 

Sana seemed mopey as she began to sit up to check outside the room.




 

But then, she fell back down when Dahyun tugged her top.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter