Leaving

Growing together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yellow filled fields, her field of vision was slowly becoming overwhelming as she looked past the train's window. Her eyes momentarily fixating on a lone tree before the train past It by. It would be her last time in a while to look at this scenery, the last time that she could indulge in the warmth of familiarity. The bread in was turning soggy, neglected while she had admired the scenery. Now that it was time to move to her university campus, it would also be her first time to step foot outside her secluded hometown. 
 

She was nervous, pale skin turning in hues of red as she was fiddling with her fingers. The assault on her skin coming to an halt as a door in her compartment swung open. A man with a trimmed black mustasch emerging, the conductor Dahyun guessed by the look of his outfit: seeing as he wore a big black cap covering his balding head. She regained her composure when the man raised one of his hands, showing a scanner of some sort in front of her. Of course, digital tickets! A gust of relief left her as she managed to press open her phones lockscreen, a yellow icon greeting her. Without hesitation she flipped the phone over showing him the ticket, proudness steadeling her hands as a smile left the conductors tightzipped lips, a silent reassurment.

 

The first mission of the day had been completed. Only 5 hours remaining until she would have to get of the train. Before falling asleep she monitored her red suitcase, sat up her alarm and put in her in-ears before turning them on.


Sana was howering over the rest of her moving boxes, her khaki shorts almost blending in. She had deemed it time to colour her hair just before her friends would come over to move her belongings over from one apartmentcomplex into another. It was indeed more fitting for her to move into a joined kitchen komplex since she tarnished at the lack of people at her previous resident. Now, had she really put everything in order? Her thoughts where disrupted by the bell, a prolonged shrill indicating to her that her friends where there. The noice was probably Momo, indicating for her that the gang had arrived on time as per usual. With a last lingering look over the empty walls where her pictures once had hung, she straightened herself up, strutting over to the door.

 

She was firstly gesturing in a bunny, an ostrich quickly following behind and lastly dragging two others in by their arms. With her back facing the boxes, it wasn't al to shocking when Sana stumbled backwards, Momo and Mina quickly came to the rescue, pulling her towards them. One of the boxes was emptying it's content at the impact as it tumbled over, slowly covering her previously clean floor with cutlery. Well, it wasn't a day with Sana without any incidents, her friends where used to her clumsy behaviour.
 

Jeongyeon was quick to move towards the mess, her hands moving diligently over the cutlery as to not cut herself on the sharp knifes hidden in the mess. 
 

-"Sana, you being blond now has nothing to do with you not being able to stand up correctly, right?" 
 

It was a lame joke according to the others as she was met by scrolling eyes and the sweet laughter of Nayeon, a frown and pout filling her features from their reactions. Tssssk! At least someone was laughing although, it wasn't along with her joke but rather at her. Finally done with the mess on the floor Jeongyeon resumed by lifting the box up, moving it towards the door making it stand open. With one look over her shoulder she once more tried to make the others to start with their work:
 

-"Well, let's get this moving company rolling!"

-"It's actually light pink!", Sana grumbled back before they al reassumed to pack.

 

The move wasn't that draining once they had started. Under Jeongyeons directives it had been fairly easy to load the back of two cars to then drive them back and forth. The whole process took two hours and they where now getting started to pack everything up in Sana's new little apartment. She was truly grateful for the help, especially for the transportation of her bed and the other heavy furnitures like her: dresser, bookshelf and desk. The only worrie left in her head was that of how her new neighbours would be; they did actually share quite some space. 
 

True to her words, as they had made a great job and Sana wasn't reluctant in buying her friends some food it was time for some tasty noodle soup. To her relief, just at the corner of the neighbouring apartment stood a soup shop. So before her friends turned restless and started to fuzz about their rewards she told them about the place. It didn't take them much to get convinced when she once again assured that she would be the one to pay. 


 

Now drifting closer to Soul, was Dahyun. She was sleepily rubbing at her eyes, not caring to much about the undeniably smudged makeup that was trailing down on her face. Who had decided that black was the most fitting colour for mascara?

 

It hadn't been her alarm clock that had awoken her no, to her dismay it had been the cries from a baby just two rows down from her. Blowing up her cheeks, Dahyun tried everything to gain the baby's attention, at least it owned this to her. It wasn't until she tilted her head and looked into the baby's eyes that it finally smiled back, arms and legs throwing in delight at her. She felt judgemental eyes room over her at their actions but it was fine, the baby was happy and so was she.

 

Their little game came to a halt when Dahyun noticed how close to her stop that they where. She stuck out her thounge a final time, a quiet goodbye, as she grabbed a hold of her suitcase, dragging it out from the little compartment as she waited for the doors to bust open. 
 

The first thing that hit her while lifting the bulky suitcase was the suburban smell sipping into her nostrils. She carefully followed the smal signs, guided slightly by the word: "Campus". It wasn't the easiest of tasks as she often found herself lost in the crowded space, having to retrace her steps to regain sight of the sign leading to the campus area. It really was lucky that she wasn't afraid of people, seeing as she was used to a more rural setting. 
 

Not able to see any more signs, Dahyun was now a little bit lost, however, at the far end she could make out a cubicle and within it an older man was sitting. Dragging herself over it would seem as such that a que had formed. Standing last in line, with nothing better to do she took of her backpack, letting it rest against her suitcase as she zipped it open. Noticing the folded piece of paper incide she steadily brought it out before unfolding it. Her mother had been kind enough to give her a map over her campus, firm instructions written at the sides:

 

1. Eat lunch
2. Find your apartment & introduce yourself to the landlord
3. Buy groceries 
4. Eat dinner
5. Study
6. ~~~

The list went on but at the end of the note her mother had written: "Call us and remember that we love you and always will". It was enough to send the forming water in her eyes over the edge and as the que shortened she sniffled out her cry, her overflowing feelings ebbing out. I really must still be tiered to be crying like this. 
 

Her thoughts were abruptly interrupted of the sound of the man apparently in front of her as she, without realising it had reached the end of the line. Quick to scramble to her feet she asked him for directions before letting out a trained smile. Apparently she only had to walk up a long staircase or take the tiny glass elevator and she would find her destination. Who could of thought that her new campus laid so close to a train station.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter