Upside Down

Into the New World

​​​​​Yoongbin's POV 

They were sitting in the round table at Sam's apartment, enjoying his home-made spaghetti. Eventhough she was not a spaghetti person, always preffering pasta, she had to admit that this was some decent spaghetti. 

She slurped her spaghetti, very un-lady-like but didn't care and looked at Sam, "so are you going to tell us what the big news is?"

Sam shifted uneasily in his chair and look at the three pairs of eyes staring back at him.

"Well, as you know, you have been with SM for almost 9 years now. Or, going on 9. Anyway, it's time we renew our contracts."

There was a long pause. Yoongbin could hear her heartbeat thumping in her chest. Next to her, Seulchan laughed out loud.

"Oh that's it!? Surely SM wants to keep us, yeah? Renewing the contract will not be a problem," she said still smiling.

"Well, not unless they are planning to sign us for another 10 years. I don't want to be 30-something and still doing the same thing on stage," said Yeonchan. 

Seulchan laughed and so did Sam. Yoongbin stayed quiet. Sam must have noticed for he pointed at Yoongbin and said, "what do you think?"

"Well..." Yoongbin said, dragging the word out slowly. "I don't know... I mean, I have lots of other things going on. I wouldn't mind focusing on those."

She could feel all of them stare at her.

"What are you saying?" asked Yeonchan. "Do you want to quit?"

"I don't know guys... I need to think about this. That's all", said Yoongbin with a finality. 

Sam sighed. "Well, if you want to talk I'm here Yoongbin-ah",  he said to which Yoongbin just nodded. Rest of the dinner just went by quietly.

​​​​​Seulchan's POV 

That night, she was in the room going over what happened at Sam's place. Just then her phone brightened up. She could see that it was a message. So, she rolled over to see who it was.

"Hi, heard that you were back. Hope we can meet again. Soon."

It was Woozi from SEVENTEEN. She made a face. Yes, she agreed to go out with the kid on one date, but that was only out of courtesy. Besides, he was pretty young for them to be dating. That was more of Yoongbin and Yeonchan's thing, not hers.

She had no intention in continuing it, so she left him on read. Her mind went to the person she was interested in. Someone she knew she could never have.